Legal Tampering News (lets try to keep it all in one thread) - Begins today at 3/11 Noon

MAJBobby

1 minute ago, nucci said:

True but they're in same position as the Bills having to release some good players to get under the cap.

The Bills haven't released any players of the stature of Bosa, Mack or Allen.    I know Bills fans think Poyer was great but the rest of the league saw a good player at a devalued position when he it UFA.   If he were that stature he'd have made $18M per year at some point in his career. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, BBFL said:

With the current cap situation for these 2 years giving up a 2nd would be the worst decision. Even a 3rd would be silly. 

More importantly factoring in that same financial forecast, how would you be paying them? Pegula is showing a reluctance to pony the money upfront…

We have about 22-25 mill already available in 25,and 100 mill in 26.  Back load it

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The Bills haven't released any players of the stature of Bosa, Mack or Allen.    I know Bills fans think Poyer was great but the rest of the league saw a good player at a devalued position when he it UFA.   If he were that stature he'd have made $18M per year at some point in his career. 

Yea.. Bills are in no way similar to the Chargers.  

To the casual fan that sees the names, maybe..  But Tre White basically hasn't played in two years and Poyer is a 2M per year Safety.  Mitch Morse is the only guy equivalent to the guys they have to cut. 

16 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Sorry, I was thinking you preferred the Chargers way as opposed to the Bills. 

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

Sorry, I was thinking you preferred the Chargers way as opposed to the Bills. 

Yeah the Chargers appear to be re-setting their cap for year 2 or 3 of Harbaugh so he can load up with his own guys.    Similar to what McBeane did in 2017 except McBeane moved on from all the Bills young "core" players in Gimore, Woods, Watkins and Dareus.   But, unlike LA they didn't have aging superstars with $20M aav contracts to move on from.  The Bills vets were just *good* players like Hughes, Wood and Incognito.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Call up and offer a 2nd next year for one of them. Some will say to wait until they are released, but then you get into a bidding war. Get on the phone, do a reworked deal pushing money into 25' 26' and get Mack.  Beane needs to step up and just do it.

We sure as hell aren't trading a premium draft pick for a 33-year old edge rusher.  It's just asking for trouble.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Ive always wished I could go back in time to the moment this guys parents came up with his name.

Maybe they didn’t know you can name someone a III…? His dad was probably Jordan Jr. 

1 minute ago, Draconator said:

Lol

Im sure he believes that… Practice will be easier with all the talent depleted. 

Edited by BBFL