Legal Tampering News (lets try to keep it all in one thread) - Begins today at 3/11 Noon

MAJBobby

31 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Joey Bosa, Khalil Mack, Mike Williams could all be traded or cut today. Slight chance of Keenan Allen too. 

Just now, Roundybout said:

Lets bring Mack home 

Look at those hits!  & people here thought Von was bad.  4 non QB’s with hits over 30 million!!!!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Joey Bosa, Khalil Mack, Mike Williams could all be traded or cut today. Slight chance of Keenan Allen too. 

Look at those hits!  & people here thought Von was bad.  4 non QB’s with hits over 30 million!!!!

Yeah they went all in while Herbert was on a rookie deal and totally blew it 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Shakir is better.

I honestly feel like I'm losing my mind.  Shakir showed improvement all season and was one of the only reliable post-season performers outside JA.. and everyone seems to want to replace him and/or draft/sign slot WR's... when we have zero outside WR's and the one we have should probably see an increased snap share from the slot... oh, and we have a potentially (future) elite TE who needs slot snaps as well. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I honestly feel like I'm losing my mind.  Shakir showed improvement all season and was one of the only reliable post-season performers outside JA.. and everyone seems to want to replace him and/or draft/sign slot WR's... when we have zero outside WR's and the one we have should probably see an increased snap share from the slot... oh, and we have a potentially (future) elite TE who needs slot snaps as well. 

Do you think it is possible the people who are open to bringing in a slot WR also want to bring in an outside WR?

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Shakir can twinge an ankle or a hamstring and be minimally effective for an entire year. 

1 minute ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Do you think it is possible the people who are open to bringing in a slot WR also want to bring in an outside WR?

I don't really get why..

Shakir, imo, is a good player.  I'm completely fine with him being our starting slot for the next few seasons. 

Diggs will play outside, but has always been a guy - compared to the other top guys - who's taken way more snaps solely outside.  He, as he gets older, should probably start getting moved around more.  That means an increased snap share in the slot.  

Kincaid is a future star.  He's a TE, but like Kelce, will also take slot snaps.

Cook, if we want to truly maximize the reason we drafted him, should also be a guy who flexes out into the slot. 

That's 4 guys.  1 of them a slot with outside flex and the other 3 as guys who should all see increased snap share in the slot. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don't really get why..

Shakir, imo, is a good player.  I'm completely fine with him being our starting slot for the next few seasons. 

Diggs will play outside, but has always been a guy - compared to the other top guys - who's taken way more snaps solely outside.  He, as he gets older, should probably start getting moved around more.  That means an increased snap share in the slot.  

Kincaid is a future star.  He's a TE, but like Kelce, will also take slot snaps.

Cook, if we want to truly maximize the reason we drafted him, should also be a guy who flexes out into the slot. 

That's 4 guys.  1 of them a slot with outside flex and the other 3 as guys who should all see increased snap share in the slot. 

No one out of Shakir, Diggs, Kincaid, or Cook solely plays in the slot.

Personally, I like having multiple pass catchers who can play all over. 

Really not trying to die on the Hunter Renfrow hill but I am not against signing him on a prove it deal. 

Anyone have a good source for slot vs wide percentages?

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Lets bring Mack home 

I assume Allen will get restructured... but looks like M Williams, Bosa and Mack will get released cause no one is trading for those contracts today. I wonder if there is offset language in those contracts like Russell Wilson had and they would be looking for 1 year min deals to rehab their value on a playoff team. Seems like ideal Beane specials to fill out the D-line and and outside WR. (and not hurt the Comp pick formula)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Important to note that the Chargers are in this situation because they are choosing not to kick debt into the future caps.

The Bills are the second worst cap positioned team in the NFL and that will likely be the case again next season.    

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Call up and offer a 2nd next year for one of them. Some will say to wait until they are released, but then you get into a bidding war. Get on the phone, do a reworked deal pushing money into 25' 26' and get Mack.  Beane needs to step up and just do it.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 2

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Important to note that the Chargers are in this situation because they are choosing not to kick debt into the future caps.

The Bills are the second worst cap positioned team in the NFL and that will likely be the case again next season.    

True but they're in same position as the Bills having to release some good players to get under the cap.

1 minute ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Call up and offer a 2nd next year for one of them. Some will say to wait until they are released, but then you get into a bidding war. Get on the phone, do a reworked deal pushing money into 25' 26' and get Mack.  Beane needs to step up and just do it.

With the current cap situation for these 2 years giving up a 2nd would be the worst decision. Even a 3rd would be silly. 

More importantly factoring in that same financial forecast, how would you be paying them? Pegula is showing a reluctance to pony the money upfront…