Siran Neal set to visit Giants Monday

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/siran-neal-set-to-visit-giants-monday

Defensive back Siran Neal was drafted by the Bills when Giants General Manager Joe Schoen was in the Buffalo front office and the two men may wind up working in the same organization again in 2024.

Neal was a 2018 fifth-round pick and he played in 107 regular season and playoff games for the Bills over the last six seasons. Most of his playing time came on special teams in recent seasons and he posted 125 tackles, two sacks, three forced fumbles, and two fumble recoveries during his time in Buffalo.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I wish him luck, but I always thought he was overpaid and overvalued here. In terms of “star gunners,” he struck me as a guy in the bottom half of the league. Not the elite field awareness and athleticism on downing those punts that you see from those really elite guys. Also, he would commit A Decent number of penalties.

on defense, when given chances, he looked lost out there.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I wish him luck, but I always thought he was overpaid and overvalued here. In terms of “star gunners,” he struck me as a guy in the bottom half of the league. Not the elite field awareness and athleticism on downing those punts that you see from those really elite guys. Also, he would commit A Decent number of penalties.

on defense, when given chances, he looked lost out there.  

Thank you, this is what I saw too. Peed down his leg almost every time there was a chance to down a punt at the 1.

Edited by Zag20
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Zag20 said:

Thank you, this is what I saw too. Peed down his leg almost every time there was a chance to down a punt at the 1.

exactly. It felt like he had about a million close call/misses on those chances. Felt like he just didn’t have the body control

and awareness to be very good at those.

15 hours ago, Bogie_Klinkhammer said:

Oh sure, baldy steals another

Too bad he’ll never be able to

steal the one man he needs …

and on a serious note he should have actually traded us for Bates addresses multiple positions of dire need for NYG OL as starter and/or depth and NYG has the cap room and draft capital.

NYG 4th / 106 (80) for our 4th /127 (45) and one of our three 5ths and one of our three 6ths (don’t think they’ll be as useful as the player we’d get to jump 21 picks in the 4th).

Edited by biggerdaddynj