Is anything being done about injury prevention?

23 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Can you post some data that backs this up?  I believe this to be a completely false statement.

Then you have been watching other teams than the Bills the last 2 seasons 

2022 - 2023 - Poyer, Doyle IR , Morse, Phillips, Bates, Kumero, Brown, Hyde IR , Bottger IR, Von IR, Roseau, Oliver, Stevenson IR, Hamlin, Jones .

2023 - 2024 - Rapp, Shorter, Phillips, Millano, Tre IR, Harris IR, Doyle IR, Spector, Benford, Davis, Hyde, Ilam IR, Jones IR .

There may be a few that i forgot but i'd say this is plenty, some not as bad being short term injuries but if you count the games of some starters on a pitch count coming back from a previous injury this is quite enough for me .

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, T master said:

Then you have been watching other teams than the Bills the last 2 seasons 

2022 - 2023 - Poyer, Doyle IR , Morse, Phillips, Bates, Kumero, Brown, Hyde IR , Bottger IR, Von IR, Roseau, Oliver, Stevenson IR, Hamlin, Jones .

2023 - 2024 - Rapp, Shorter, Phillips, Millano, Tre IR, Harris IR, Doyle IR, Spector, Benford, Davis, Hyde, Ilam IR, Jones IR .

There may be a few that i forgot but i'd say this is plenty, some not as bad being short term injuries but if you count the games of some starters on a pitch count coming back from a previous injury this is quite enough for me .

Injuries are a part of the NFL, have the Bills had more than their fair share of injuries?  Actually the answer is NO, we all want all guys to play all games but unfortunately that does not happen.  It has been well documented the Bills go to great lengths to study injuries and prevent certain types, especially soft tissue injuries.  They are also more conservative than other teams in players coming back from such injuries.   For instance, in 2022, the DT's had a lot of calf strains, they specifically changed some things practice/stretching wise to try and deal with that.   NFL football is physical, ACL's happen, Achilles happen, broken bones happen, all teams deal with injuries.  The Bills have the current longest stretch of their QB and #1 receiver playing every game.   My point is not that injuries dont happen to the Bills, rather you have to compare to the rest of the league to see if you are doing better or worse.  Every fan of 31 teams can point to injuries and say that is why but that is mostly excuse making.   Saying the Bills have had an epidemic of NFL injuries the last 3 years is just not factual.

I'm sure they look at it...they are on the cutting edge of sports science in terms of making sure players get rest, treatments, etc...

Issue is with a lot of their injuries they aren't the type of you can prevent.

Broken legs, Achilles tears, a player rolling into the legs of a player, etc...

It's not like they had constant soft tissue injuries like hamstring pulls, etc.

Next year they are going to demand to play on only fields made of marshmallows.

should keep the turf injuries down probably a sticky situation though.

Edited by MikePJ76

there are injuries that are simply a matter of physics (ruptured Achilles) and if truth be told the knee is not built to take the hits it receives in football.

I think they do as much the knowledge and expertise now allow.  And want to do even better. As Much as is humanly possible.

its a part of the game we all hate but it is unavoidable unfortunately

On 3/8/2024 at 3:29 AM, The Red King said:

Just curious if those in the know, know if Buffalo is changing anything about their conditioning program.  Yes, every team has injuries, but Buffalo was absolutely crippled by them, both in number and the quality of player taken down.  And it's been two seasons in a row now.

To be clear, I'm asking seriously.  I'm no doc, or that knowledgable about the specifics of the different injuries or how teams handle this kind of stuff.  I know it's been bad luck, and I honestly don't know if there is anything we could change/improve to try and help cut down on them.

I think this team can go all the way, and would hate to see a third straight season sniped by yet another epidemic of injuries.

I hope we're not playing overseas this year.  And I'm not thrilled we're at Detroit again.  Hope their turf doesn't claim more victims. >.>

NO, the Bills would rather pay millions of dollars to injured players than pay for a conditioning program. Thoughts @BringBackFergy

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I'm sure they look at it...they are on the cutting edge of sports science in terms of making sure players get rest, treatments, etc...

They know the science but they ignore it to sell more games like TNF.

Perfect example of NFL knowing science is agreeing to play on had field on top of grass field in England do home team could save their grass field for soccer feam.

They sacrificed their payees health for an overseas game.

We would be SB champs right now if the injury bug had gone easier on us this year. Especially on our best defensive players. Last year too.

One way to try to reduce injuries is to get players with less injury history, like younger players.

Edited by GreggTX

On 3/9/2024 at 10:50 AM, Matt_In_NH said:

Injuries are a part of the NFL, have the Bills had more than their fair share of injuries?  Actually the answer is NO, we all want all guys to play all games but unfortunately that does not happen.  It has been well documented the Bills go to great lengths to study injuries and prevent certain types, especially soft tissue injuries.  They are also more conservative than other teams in players coming back from such injuries.   For instance, in 2022, the DT's had a lot of calf strains, they specifically changed some things practice/stretching wise to try and deal with that.   NFL football is physical, ACL's happen, Achilles happen, broken bones happen, all teams deal with injuries.  The Bills have the current longest stretch of their QB and #1 receiver playing every game.   My point is not that injuries dont happen to the Bills, rather you have to compare to the rest of the league to see if you are doing better or worse.  Every fan of 31 teams can point to injuries and say that is why but that is mostly excuse making.   Saying the Bills have had an epidemic of NFL injuries the last 3 years is just not factual.

You must be among the few that think the Bills haven't had many injuries because i've heard in some football conversations the words such as devastated when talking about the Bills and injuries . It took McD a minute to get the back ups up to speed and playing well but we will have to agree to disagree when you have pro bowl/1st team all american players that are starters go down on you team that hurts and effects the out come of a season .

So you honestly think that last season if Tre, Millano, Jones, Von, Bernard, & a few others were completely healthy for the entire year that it wouldn't have made a difference ??? Especially in the play offs ?? 

P.S. A sad face isn't answering the question .

Edited by T master
  • Sad 1