Bills Cap Status - Approx $4.25 under cap 4/03/2024 (added roster change summary)

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Get to 40 mil in space and take a big swing.

Chris Jones

Christian Wilkins (camp fights with Josh)

DJ Reader

Leonard Williams

+ Re-sign DQ. 

Derrick Henry if he doesn’t sign with Ravens

CB Jaylon Johnson?  only 24
We tried to acquire him at the trade deadline.

That would be super intriguing.  Benford or Rasul could move to Safety 

*Edit Franchise Tagged

Why do you think we are where we are at today and cutting so many players at once?

Yes, the Josh Allen restructure would totally put us back in the blue

Restructures of Dawkins Johnson, and reworking Dalton contract will allow us to make some free agency moves. I do not expect them to be big ones.

It doesn’t make any sense to spend big money in a poor free agency pool

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Chris Jones

DJ Reader

Leonard Williams

+ Re-sign DQ. 

*Edit Franchise Tagged

So may laugh at you, but any of those DTs would make a huge impact. If it could be done, I'm with it.

2 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

So may laugh at you, but any of those DTs would make a huge impact. If it could be done, I'm with it.

Wait till you see the contracts that these guys get

Yes, we will have some money we will not have enough money to make those kinds of splashes. We’re trying to get our salary cap situation straightened out.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Wait till you see the contracts that these guys get

Yes, we will have some money we will not have enough money to make those kinds of splashes. We’re trying to get our salary cap situation straightened out.

Exactly. As if we did not learn our lesson from Von.

If there has been one takeaway I've gotten from the offseason is that the Bills aren't in position for a teardown, but we can take our medicine.

Yesterday...yesterday was rough. Poyer and Tre were big parts of the culture change at the start of McDermott's tenure and Morse was a big part of the push into Allen's growth into what he is now. 

I'm not saying the Bills are going to give up all hope of a championship, but now is the time to rebuild a young core and you don't do that chasing top tier free agents. I think the Bills can still scrounge up extensions, cuts and an Allen restructure to get over the cap and make a few day 2-3 pickups to round out weaknesses before the draft, but that's where we are going to build for long term success.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Exactly. As if we did not learn our lesson from Von.

If there has been one takeaway I've gotten from the offseason is that the Bills aren't in position for a teardown, but we can take our medicine.

Yesterday...yesterday was rough. Poyer and Tre were big parts of the culture change at the start of McDermott's tenure and Morse was a big part of the push into Allen's growth into what he is now. 

I'm not saying the Bills are going to give up all hope of a championship, but now is the time to rebuild a young core and you don't do that chasing top tier free agents. I think the Bills can still scrounge up extensions, cuts and an Allen restructure to get over the cap and make a few day 2-3 pickups to round out weaknesses before the draft, but that's where we are going to build for long term success.

Trying to use free agency to build your team hardly ever works out. I think Brandon is doing it right

Get some baseline guys in free agency to fill holes players that have been in the system as starters hit on your draft picks

He keeps us cap compliant and allows us to have a little bit of money every year to continue to replenish baseline guys

Edited by John from Riverside

8 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Chris Jones

DJ Reader

Leonard Williams

+ Re-sign DQ. 

*Edit Franchise Tagged

I am not resigning DQ unless it's for cheap,  Bills got themselves into trouble by extending or resigning older players for more then they were worth.  He is 32 year old and maybe has 1-2 seasons left.

• Disagree 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Trying to use free agency to build your team hardly ever works out. I think Brandon is doing it right

Get some baseline guys in free agency to fill holes players that have been in the system as starters on your draft picks

He keeps us compliant and allows us to have a little bit of money every year to continue to replenish baseline guys

To be fair, he's had some luck at getting above average play out of journeymen, but the team has been juggling that for a while trying to keep a Super Bowl window open.

I'll never rule out the Bills having a shot so long as they have Josh Allen but this is the most picks we've had going into a draft in...a while. 11, at the moment I think. I expect Beane to trade up a bit, but that should give us more then we've been used to.

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

To be fair, he's had some luck at getting above average play out of journeymen, but the team has been juggling that for a while trying to keep a Super Bowl window open.

I'll never rule out the Bills having a shot so long as they have Josh Allen but this is the most picks we've had going into a draft in...a while. 11, at the moment I think. I expect Beane to trade up a bit, but that should give us more then we've been used to.

They’re not gonna draft 11 players he’s going to use some of those pics to trade up into higher rounds

Even with the players that we lost yesterday we wouldn’t be able to give a jersey to 11 new guys in the draft. There is too much talent on this team still

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

8 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Chris Jones

DJ Reader

Leonard Williams

+ Re-sign DQ. 

*Edit Franchise Tagged

I know it's totally unrealistic and probably a bad idea in the long run, but man I'd like to see them take a run at Chris Jones.  He is the straw that stirs that drink. 

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

They’re not gonna draft 11 players he’s going to use some of those pics to trade up into higher rounds

Even with the players that we lost yesterday we wouldn’t be able to give a jersey to 11 new guys in the draft. There is too much talent on this team still

Completely agree. I should have phrased it better: with 11 picks, I fully expect to have at least 5 in the first four rounds or to dramatically move up from the back to the top of a few of them. Rookies will have a far better chance of cracking the roster than in previous years.

• Like (+1) 1

With adding Rapp, Trubisky etal. We are still 9 mill over the cap. I think , we can see more moves made, but I feel in the form of contract changes.

But who knows, Beanes Katana now has the taste for blood...

Edited by SoonerBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

With adding Rapp, Trubisky etal. We are still 9 mill over the cap. I think ,b we can see more moves made, but I feel in the form of contract changes.

Today Beane will cut Josh that should solve it and make you happy 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

With adding Rapp, Trubisky etal. We are still 9 mill over the cap. I think ,b we can see more moves made, but I feel in the form of contract changes.

I think the cutting of players has ended for now we need to start looking at restructures

Brandon should put his katana away

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

It was quite the ride yesterday, we will all be following today’s actions, 

• Agree 2

Just now, DJB said:

Today Beane will cut Josh that should solve it and make you happy 

Happy?  While I appreciate the effort and time of the players that got cut yesterday, the moves were needed.  IMHO the moves were done a year late.

Too old, slowing down, injuries and big bloated contracts.  It had to be done.  And if you read my post, I think most moves to have cap room will be contract moves not cuts, but a cut or 2 won't surprise me.

• Agree 1