Is trading Milano something Bills should consider?

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

What happened to this place?

we

have shart the bed

jk 

we all can have opinions to try out, Thats fair.

This may not have been a good one , perhaps.

Milano is key to McDs Defense.

Try to replace him before trading. If you can McBeanes 😏

Edited by 3rdand12

13 hours ago, SCBills said:

I don’t think that’s the only hard decision though. 

I think a real case could be made to flip over the secondary.  Any or all of Douglas, Tre and Poyer should be looked at.  That could free up 20M+ and then we pull a Chiefs of a few years ago and draft a bunch of DB’s. 

Are their risks to that.. YUP.  But I think with all that’s coming back on offense, it’s time to give Josh Allen everything he could possibly need to get us over the edge. 

Could flip that money into a legit boundary WR and then draft a WR early.  

Spend the rest on DL, make a run at Jeremy Chinn and then go heavy defense in the draft. 

I’ll take my chances with Benford, Elam, Johnson, Chinn and a RD2 or RD3 Safety like Kinchens, Bullard, Nubin etc.  Draft some corners and a safety early Day 3 & bring back Dane Jackson/Cam Lewis/Taylor Rapp as depth. 

Now, we’re building a roster than can keep up with the Chiefs who have already fixed their cap and I don’t know that we’re any worse for the wear… especially come playoff time - where this group has yet to step up.  

Easy, extend Douglas and leave Poyer & Tre (try to get a pay cut from Tre but if you don’t start cross training him at S). You can get out of Tre’s contract next year for $4M otherwise. No big deal.

I agree that this draft is all about helping Josh. I’d rather draft 2 in the first 3 rounds than sign “a guy.” I’d take Worthy and Legette (for example) > Worthy and Bourne on a bigger contract.  If they sign a guy, fine but think that the bigger impact will come from the draft than WRs in FA (excluding Pittman). 

The ONLY thing that matters is giving Josh players. We have tried over and over to build a team to “stop Mahomes.” Forget that strategy. It’s time to focus on outgunning them. Build around Josh and try to score every possession. Stop trying to “keep games close” and “kee up.” It’s time for them to try to keep up with you. 

The answer is "YES" if the move makes the team better.

I love Milano and would leave him where he is, but we will have to do a lot of reshuffling this year and in the near future.

People forget how much the makeup of the Bills Super Bowl teams changed from year to year.

• Dislike 1

On 3/4/2024 at 10:01 AM, warrior9 said:

If we can find a way to package him with Josh Allen and get some good value in return, why not? 

I mean, we've waiting 20 years to have a good roster and a team that can compete for a Super Bowl again. We finally have it, why not offer our best players to other teams? 

On 3/4/2024 at 5:03 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

Maybe the Bills should consider trading Josh Allen? I saw a guy suggest picks 1 & 9 from the Bears. They can “reset the clock.”curious to get your thoughts on this @All I Need is Hope

I'm in total agreement with both these posters!  :thumbsup:  I sure do miss the days of watching Antoine Winfield, Sr, Willis McGahee, Jason Peters, Marshawn Lynch, Stephon Gilmore, Robert Woods, Jabari Greer and numerous other players the Bills developed helping their new teams win playoff games and Super Bowls while the Bills' seasons were finished by Thanksgiving and fans turned their attention to dreams of FA coups and finding future stars in the draft ... year after year after year after year ...  

The current Bills are always going to have to work hard to improve their team from year to year because they currently have such a good team anchored by a true franchise QB plus a quality OL and top defense.   There aren't going to be many if any big name FA signings.  There aren't likely to be any top five or top ten draft picks, either.  It's going to be relatively small changes or finding special talents in the draft after all the big name picks are off the board.  Deal with it. 

Edited by SoTier

How a new comer to TBD becomes infamous?  Doing a post like this.  Geez!

8 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

The answer is "YES" if the move makes the team better.

I love Milano and would leave him where he is, but we will have to do a lot of reshuffling this year and in the near future.

People forget how much the makeup of the Bills Super Bowl teams changed from year to year.

The defense will lose plenty of talent next week and you want to create another hole?  Not wise at all.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/4/2024 at 6:18 AM, All I Need is Hope said:

With the emergence of Bernard, Dodson, Williams and Spector; and considering other holes to fill and limited cap space, does it make any sense to consider seeking a high pick for Milano?

I love Milano’s playing style and impact, it’s just interesting to think about what he could fetch in a trade/shedding his cap hit, and using a high pick in a loaded draft.

I’m not going to say you’re a dumb@ss, because that’s against board policies. 

But you’re  not a smart  @ss. 

• Haha (+1) 1