Anyone like me wanting Beane to hurry up? (Cap)

21 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

So you are saying while Beane was under contract with the Panthers he was conspiring with McDermott on who to draft in 2017? And then following along this line of thinking that would make Beane also complicit in passing on drafting Mahomes. 

What you are suggesting would be the biggest scandal in NFL history.  Far worse that spygate or deflategate. 

Ay mi madre. Look back at my original post… did I say “He” in reference to Beane or “they” in reference to McBeane? I acknowledged that it wasn’t Beane who was running the 2017 draft. You’re welcome for the free pronouns lesson.

I understand it’s your schtick to point out the same tired narratives, but I’m not the guy to do that with. 

Edited by JGMcD2

7 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Ay mi madre. Look back at my original post… did I say “He” in reference to Beane or “they” in reference to McBeane? I acknowledged that it wasn’t Beane who was running the 2017 draft. You’re welcome for the free pronouns lesson.

I understand it’s your schtick to point out the same tired narratives, but I’m not the guy to do that with. 

Gotcha chief! Well they didn't do anything in 2017 because him wasn't there...lol

On 3/1/2024 at 2:38 PM, Shaw66 said:

The problem is that there are so many moving parts, Beane needs more information to decide what to do.  In particular, he needs to know what talent is likely to be available to him so he can decide what to do with the people he has under contract.  In other words, he needs to do some legal and illegal tampering to know his alternatives.   That's why it all will come at the end. 

Medicals on your own players are also not really even that cut and dry.  

1 hour ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Medicals on your own players are also not really even that cut and dry.  

That's a good point.  A lot of issues at a lot of positions, not knowing what positions could get shored up in the draft, and the limitations of the cap.  No way that there can be a plan for all of it.  More that they have to have a really good understanding of all of it and then do the best you can, day by day, adjusting your perceptions of need as guys come and go and as money gets spent.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Gotcha chief! Well they didn't do anything in 2017 because him wasn't there...lol

Thank you for wasting my time.

Par for the course with you, man. 

10 hours ago, Pete said:

The adjective worst describes the thing that is the least good, like this awful pizza, the worst we've ever had in our lives. Don't confuse worst with worse, which compares only two things. Your cold might be worse than your brother's but dad's is the worst of all.

Hey Mr Hyperbole, could we please stick to facts?   Please spare us the gloom and doom.  The Bills future is bright!

Pete, it’s not doom and gloom.  It’s widely reported we are the most over the cap team in the league.  We’ll need to restructure, reduce, or release and prioritize current players.  The good news is we have 10 picks.  You may want to actually look it up before you rant about me providing objective facts.

I still think we will be very competitive with what we can keep and what we can choose in the draft.  I have faith in Beane and company.  I also have faith in McD’s team being able to coach up players.  That’s not doom and gloom.  That’s pragmatism.

5 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Can you define SB run for us? 

Even the biggest homers on here would hardly claim getting bounced out of the division round in the playoffs three years in a row(twice at home) as SB runs.

Obligatory Beane didn't draft in 2017 comment...sorry

Yes.

Getting into the playoffs.  Simple. 

you’re making a run once you get in the tourney. 

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Pete, it’s not doom and gloom.  It’s widely reported we are the most over the cap team in the league.  We’ll need to restructure, reduce, or release and prioritize current players.  The good news is we have 10 picks.  You may want to actually look it up before you rant about me providing objective facts.

I still think we will be very competitive with what we can keep and what we can choose in the draft.  I have faith in Beane and company.  I also have faith in McD’s team being able to coach up players.  That’s not doom and gloom.  That’s pragmatism.

Last I saw the Dolphins are in worse shape than us.  I think the Titans and Saints are in worse shape than us.  We are bottom 5, but not the worst 

Edited by Pete

9 hours ago, Pete said:

Last I saw the Dolphins are in worse shape than us.  I think the Titans and Saints are in worse shape than us.  We are bottom 5, but not the worst 

Five days ago we were the most over the cap. Things change fluidly when you trade Bates away, cut Naheem, and so on.  We’re still not even close to compliant and the due date is coming.  We also need at least 7 mil for the rookie contracts and emergency $ for the year.

19 hours ago, Unforgiven said:

I don't have a lot of faith in the guy, honestly, Buffalo Bills - (-$41,313,381) worst in the nfl.

Number 1 ...

New England Patriots - $101,771,054

wtf.

Who has finished on top of the division the last couple years? not sure the 100Mil in cap space is working too well for them ATM when they were still multiple wins away from 500.

4 hours ago, Prospector said:

Who has finished on top of the division the last couple years? not sure the 100Mil in cap space is working too well for them ATM when they were still multiple wins away from 500.

Doesn't look like the pats care about winning, just added the contrast between first and last. 

On 3/1/2024 at 2:19 PM, mrags said:

I imagine it’s all going to happen almost at once. Like bang bang bang. For 3-4 straight days you will see updates of cuts, restructures, extensions. It will likely all happen before the tampering period starts but if I were a betting man, I’d bet against them going after any player in the first few days of free agency. My bet is they wait it out and look to not overpay for the high price, higher profile players. JMO

Well. I’m right so far. Honestly with the moves to Morse, and Bob which I did not expect, there may be a move or 2 in FA that I didn’t expect. I don’t think we’re going to go after someone like Tee Higgins or anything but I do wonder if some average to good quality FAs may be in play now. Just a few more days at this point. 

On 3/1/2024 at 2:13 PM, SoonerBillsFan said:

The legal tampering period starts the 11th and FA the 13th so he has a little time. And I know he said he plans on being under the cap by the end of next week.

But I have Football ADHD dang it!  Make some moves so we know what's what!! 🤣

When do you plan to change the title to:

Anyone like me wanting Beane to hurry up slow down?

• Haha (+1) 3