Mel is back and I gotta say I love the pick

20 minutes ago, NewEra said:

They are putting hundreds articles, videos and shows as part of the subscription …..not one.  This is part of the business model.  In your case….you just want to read one article, so you’ll just have to ask others that do pay for it to fill you in with the info you need.

i wanted HBO strictly for Game of Thrones…..nothing else.  So I should be able to watch for free?  

The funniest part is most folks can get access to these services for free or deep discounts through their cell phone provider.

I get free Netflix and Apple TV with my Tmobile account.

Verizon cell customers can get a Netflix/Max bundle for $10/month total. They also offer the Disney Bundle (Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+) for $10/month (instead of regular $20/month) which would get you access to these articles.

Just gotta look for deals.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo03 said:

That's not what I mean and you know it. So get the f**k out of here

Jesus Christ, if you don't understand the difference between that and just trying to read a mock draft then there is absolutely no help for you

So you continue to insist that you should get the fruits of someone else’s labor for free, it’s not “just a mock draft”, it is someone else’s work /labor, what don’t you get about that, information isn’t free anymore, it is a commodity now, if you want free information get a library card…, 

nuthin but luv 😁👍🍺

13 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

A Mel Kiper mock draft is one of the very few things I would be interested in reading from ESPN. I would assume they consider it some of their more valuable NFL-related content, so it's certainly not a surprise they would keep it behind their paywall. I understand why you would like it to be free (which illustrates why it isn't), but why exactly should it be free?

I like to read as many mock draft articles as I can. Whether it's from Mel, or whoeever else. Anyone can pretty much read an article like that for free in a lot of places but you got the select few that include into a subscription along with TV shows and all that that they want them to pay for. It's ONE article and people are forced to pay $10.99 even though, they get more with the subscription, I want to read the one article. No one should have to oay for that. Just like I think the Amazon Prime football games and the playoff peacock game should have been free and forcing people to pay for that to watch a game even though those platforms offer other shows is just wrong

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

I'm so sick of these paywall articles. I shouldn't have to pay it to read someone's mock draft

If you pay to see someone's mock draft you should be mocked.

Maybe ESPN is now paying its writers on ESPN+ only for number of subscribers who read.

Like some workers who get paid in tips only.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I like to read as many mock draft articles as I can. Whether it's from Mel, or whoeever else. Anyone can pretty much read an article like that for free in a lot of places but you got the select few that include into a subscription along with TV shows and all that that they want them to pay for. It's ONE article and people are forced to pay $10.99 even though, they get more with the subscription, I want to read the one article. No one should have to oay for that. Just like I think the Amazon Prime football games and the playoff peacock game should have been free and forcing people to pay for that to watch a game even though those platforms offer other shows is just wrong

You are not being “forced “‘to do anything.  What you want is to reap the benefits of others labor for free. You can try to spin it any way you want, but it boils down to what I typed in the second sentence of this response, you want services and you don’t want to pay for them, an article or a cup of coffee, or whatever, it ain’t free, and you’re not special so you gotta pay, 

boy this is fun 🤩 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The funniest part is most folks can get access to these services for free or deep discounts through their cell phone provider.

I get free Netflix and Apple TV with my Tmobile account.

Verizon cell customers can get a Netflix/Max bundle for $10/month total. They also offer the Disney Bundle (Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+) for $10/month (instead of regular $20/month) which would get you access to these articles.

Just gotta look for deals.

No, the funniest part is that some people are arguing that Mel Kuiper’s draft has any value at all. It should be free because it’s worthless. And, yes, I’ve seen it. I have ESPN+ included with another service I pay for. I would never actually pay for ESPN+.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DJB said:

We see him differently because to me he’s one of only 4 Alphas I see early in this class. 

One of the youngest available WR’s and plenty of growth still available. 

Great. The Tremaine Edmunds of WRs. 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

You are not being “forced “‘to do anything.  What you want is to reap the benefits of others labor for free. You can try to spin it any way you want, but it boils down to what I typed in the second sentence of this response, you want services and you don’t want to pay for them, an article or a cup of coffee, or whatever, it ain’t free, and you’re not special so you gotta pay, 

boy this is fun 🤩 

Lol. You make it sound as though there aren't millions articles on the internet about pretty much anything that can be read all the time free of charge. I don't expect "labor" to be given to me for free. I don't expect free food at a restaurant, I don't expect mortgages to be free like the other guy you are agreeing with. I don't expect to have my car worked on for free. That's true labor. None of those are the same as reading an article online. And it's not Mel Kiper himself charging for it. It's the company he works for so it doesn't really have anything to do with labor. Espn plus should be for programming, not for being forced to read an article here and there on their website. I say it again, peacock and Amazon prime offer tons of shows and movies as part of their subscription. Does that mean it's right to make customers pay for football games on their platforms when ALL other games are available on local TV? No

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Metcalf was the definition of an alpha. My problem with Thomas is he basically just runs in a straight line and that's the extent of his skill set (with an elite release to match, to be fair). Metcalf did that and also made contested catches and was a beast to bring down. Thomas doesn't do well with any sort of contact at the catch point and he doesn't break tackles, and he is not going to avoid that in the NFL.

Agree on Thomas. Some of the same concerns can be asserted regarding Franklin though imo it's much less of an issue. I somehow feel more confident in his ability to learn and improve on those things (route running and concentration drops) needed for him to become a complete player. You also need to believe that he can add weight and strength to his frame. If he can do those things though he looks to have the makings of a great player, given what he already does well. 

4 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Some of the same concerns can be asserted regarding Franklin though imo it's much less of an issue.

I don't think Franklin is a one trick pony. His route running, specifically his footwork, is pretty advanced. I believe he will be able to run all of the routes and pull away from defenders after the catch. Thomas runs the Gabe Davis route tree, obviously at a much higher level but it is still too limited a skill set to invest a 1st round pick IMO.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

There will be hundreds if not thousands of mock drafts on this board, most of them will be better than and make more sense than what these guys getting paid for it will put out, and it won't cost you anything. 

Since I hate ESPN, I’ll just make mine available a little bit cheaper. Given my outstanding reputation evaluating college talent (my dogs love my ideas), I’m sure that will force ESPN to re-evaluate their pricing structure, causing their margins to get squeezed at least enough to make them let Booger McFarland go. You remember, the moron who swore Cody Ford committed a penalty by blocking a defensive player. The penalty that resulted in one of those lovely “OOPS! Our Bad!” Letters from the league. 

But hey, I’m not the type to hold a grudge. 

Usually. 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Lol. You make it sound as though there aren't millions articles on the internet about pretty much anything that can be read all the time free of charge. I don't expect "labor" to be given to me for free. I don't expect free food at a restaurant, I don't expect mortgages to be free like the other guy you are agreeing with. I don't expect to have my car worked on for free. That's true labor. None of those are the same as reading an article online. And it's not Mel Kiper himself charging for it. It's the company he works for so it doesn't really have anything to do with labor. Espn plus should be for programming, not for being forced to read an article here and there on their website. I say it again, peacock and Amazon prime offer tons of shows and movies as part of their subscription. Does that mean it's right to make customers pay for football games on their platforms when ALL other games are available on local TV? No

You expect this particular bit of labor to be given to you for free, why is that?