Mel is back and I gotta say I love the pick

13 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

LOL, wow, calm down my good friend!!!!You got called out so now you resort to ridicule and name calling.

What name did I call anyone? And I got called out for BS. You both completely misinterpreted what I meant and tried to ridicule me for it so you can kiss my a**

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 3

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Why?

Josh actually needs an impact defensive player that shows up in the playoffs.

Why ask for something McD or Beane are incapable of finding.  At this point it's time to load up on wrs. We've had numerous failed opportunities to find an impact defensive player. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

LOL, wow, calm down my good friend!!!!You got called out so now you resort to ridicule and name calling.

You interpret me thinking no one should pay a $10.99 subscription just to read a mock draft the same as I should just get anything I want for free. Which is not at all what I meant. You can admit how wrong you are instead of making a snide remark about it and saying I got called out

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

24 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Brian Thomas is not my preferred pick. One trick pony with seemingly no alpha traits and mediocre hands. I get that he does that one trick really well but I want a versatile WR.

We see him differently because to me he’s one of only 4 Alphas I see early in this class. 

One of the youngest available WR’s and plenty of growth still available. 

15 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

I remember a lot of those same concerns for DK Metcalf.  He's elite at what we need the most IMO.  We need to add more than one WR anyways, we can add versatility elsewhere in this loaded draft.

Metcalf was the definition of an alpha. My problem with Thomas is he basically just runs in a straight line and that's the extent of his skill set (with an elite release to match, to be fair). Metcalf did that and also made contested catches and was a beast to bring down. Thomas doesn't do well with any sort of contact at the catch point and he doesn't break tackles, and he is not going to avoid that in the NFL.

9 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

You interpret me thinking no one should pay a $10.99 subscription just to read a mock draft the same as I should just get anything I want for free. Which is not at all what I meant. You can admit how wrong you are instead of making a snide remark about it and saying I got called out

You have already responded to my post once, why are you posting about it again?  As I wrote, "calm down my good friend!!!!"  If you want to keep posting about it, go ahead, I am not wasting any more time responding to it.  

46 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

That's not what I mean and you know it. So get the f**k out of here

Jesus Christ, if you don't understand the difference between that and just trying to read a mock draft then there is absolutely no help for you

train trainwreck GIF

• Haha (+1) 6

18 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Metcalf was the definition of an alpha. My problem with Thomas is he basically just runs in a straight line and that's the extent of his skill set (with an elite release to match, to be fair). Metcalf did that and also made contested catches and was a beast to bring down. Thomas doesn't do well with any sort of contact at the catch point and he doesn't break tackles, and he is not going to avoid that in the NFL.

He was a projected alpha maybe.  There was very little college production.

22 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

You misinterpret the business model.  You aren’t supposed to pay 10.99 just to read a mock draft.  You’re supposed to pay 10.99 in order to read all of their premium content and watch their premium shows on the app. 

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

You have already responded to my post once, why are you posting about it again?  As I wrote, "calm down my good friend!!!!"  If you want to keep posting about it, go ahead, I am not wasting any more time responding to it.  

Because you were wrong about what you think I meant and made an ignorant comment about it and I clarified which I shouldn't have had to do to begin with because me thinking a mock draft should be free to read being compared to me thinking I should just get what I want for free is dead wrong and anyone should have enough common sense to understand that. Now have a good day

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 2

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

Because you were wrong about what you think I meant and made an ignorant comment about it and I clarified which I shouldn't have had to do to begin with because me thinking a mock draft should be free to read being compared to me thinking I should just get what I want for free is dead wrong and anyone should have enough common sense to understand that. Now have a good day

The mock draft is someone's content that they worked to make.  Why should it be free?

• Agree 3

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You misinterpret the business model.  You aren’t supposed to pay 10.99 just to read a mock draft.  You’re supposed to pay 10.99 in order to read all of their premium content and watch their premium shows on the app. 

I didn't misinterpret anything. I understand that. But reading that article is part of that 10.99. I don't wanna read all of their content. I wanna read specifically about the mock draft and I can't do so unless I pay the $10.99. So, why should anyone pay $10.99 if they want to read one thing? That's why putting one article as part of the subscription is just plain stupid 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I didn't misinterpret anything. I understand that. But reading that article is part of that 10.99. I don't wanna read all of their content. I wanna read specifically about the mock draft and I can't do so unless I pay the $10.99. So, why should anyone pay $10.99 if they want to read one thing? That's why putting one article as part of the subscription is just plain stupid 

They are putting hundreds articles, videos and shows as part of the subscription …..not one.  This is part of the business model.  In your case….you just want to read one article, so you’ll just have to ask others that do pay for it to fill you in with the info you need.

i wanted HBO strictly for Game of Thrones…..nothing else.  So I should be able to watch for free?  

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I'm on team "WR in round 2". That said there are a few WRs I would be good with round 1. BT is one of them.

That could be even a larger crapshoot.  Top 50 players are Wr heavy.  Maybe you get one at 60 but is it the guy you like best.  Could be the 12th to 15th Wr at that point.  Ultimately, who is there at 28.  Im not taking an Olineman or Db there.  Newton DT Illionos,  Robinson Edge Penn St, and Latu  Edge UCLA.  Even one of them I would be hard pressed to pass up Thomas Jr.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

That could be even a larger crapshoot.  Top 50 players are Wr heavy.  Maybe you get one at 60 but is it the guy you like best.  Could be the 12th to 15th Wr at that point.  Ultimately, who is there at 28.  Im not taking an Olineman or Db there.  Newton DT Illionos,  Robinson Edge Penn St, and Latu  Edge UCLA.  Even one of them I would be hard pressed to pass up Thomas Jr.

Well, as I said Thomas is one of the WRs I take in that spot if there. The real big crapshoot on draft night is how the board falls. And of course what needs have already been filled in FA. 

Basically, it really has little meaning to me if the WR they pick is consensus 12th, 15th or 501st. What matters more is the fit, how they will be used and where the BILLS have them ranked at. 

Truthfully, from what I'm seeing the 12th ranked WR this year may have easily been in the top 5 of last year's draft. There's value there this year. Not as much value at someplace like DT. 

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

They are putting hundreds articles, videos and shows as part of the subscription …..not one.  This is part of the business model.  In your case….you just want to read one article, so you’ll just have to ask others that do pay for it to fill you in with the info you need.

i wanted HBO strictly for Game of Thrones…..nothing else.  So I should be able to watch for free?  

I KNOOOOOOWWWWWWW. again, I don't want to read all of their articles or watch their programming. I want to read THIS article. The game of thrones comparison is not the same thing. I pay for Netflix, I don't do it for one show. Even if I did, I understand that that's the only possible way I have access to thay show. I think it was wrong to make football fans subscribe to peacock just to watch a football game. Am I wrong for thinking that way too? The articles can be included with the ESPN plus subscription. That doesn't mean they can't make each individual article free to the reader. 

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

A Mel Kiper mock draft is one of the very few things I would be interested in reading from ESPN. I would assume they consider it some of their more valuable NFL-related content, so it's certainly not a surprise they would keep it behind their paywall. I understand why you would like it to be free (which illustrates why it isn't), but why exactly should it be free?