Multiple people shot at KC parade.

fasteddie

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Keep telling yourself that guns aren’t the problem.  And keep twisting statistics to back it up. 

Gun violence is a real problem. So are car accidents. So is heroin overdose. These are the risks of living in a free country, which we accepted a couple hundred years ago. Rights can always be taken away to in theory reduce the chance of tragic untimely death, but personally I'm happy to live in a free country and accept these risks.

The risk of any individual being killed in a shooting like this is exceedingly rare. I see people say things like "I'm now scared to go to any public gathering." You're free to have these feelings, but they aren't rational. You're much much much more likely to be killed while commuting to the public gathering than at the public gathering. You're more likely to die while showering to get ready to go out. Don't let these tragic events consume you.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What are your thoughts on me, last week, eating McDonald's breakfast 5 days in a row because they had Sausage McMuffins, 2 for $4.39?  I couldn't do day 6 because that's just too much McDonald's.  

Like…we really need to talk about this. You’re getting too old. 

Edited by teef

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You are too apparently.  

Zing!

A man makes one mistake…

I’m on the third double, and I have 3 hours before I get on my next flight.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, teef said:

A man makes one mistake…

I’m on the third double, and I have 3 hours before I get on my next flight.  

You’re a pilot???  I thought you were a dentist!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

In my experience the only white on black murders that get covered ad nauseum are when police officers (AKA government officers) murder citizens. Which should be covered extensively. The government murdering its own citizens should be a headline every time it happens and it should appall everybody.

Addressed how? There are already gun laws that in theory should make it difficult for violent criminals and juveniles to obtain the weapons used in these crimes. Are you asking for more gun laws?

No absolutely not, I meant addressed from within the community and by the elected officials who represent the citizens who elected them.

Anyone arrested carrying an illegal firearm needs significant jail time and this soft on crime approach isn’t working.

Making guns more difficult for law abiding citizens to obtain does zero to 

Solve anything IMHO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You’re a pilot???  I thought you were a dentist!

If I pay another 50 bucks, they let me dip into another series of licenses. 

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

By 2:00 pm?

giphy.gif

Oh yeah.  I’m already thinking about being inappropriate with the smoke show next to me. She’ll want nothing to do with me at first, but I’m adorable…so you never know. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I dont understand how people like the taste of fast food.  Am I missing something or way too aristocratic. 

While we are on the subtle race jabs.......

Like Chapel says “Shooting up schools is a white kid’s game,”

“I’ve given this a lot of thought,” he continues. “I don’t see any peaceful way to disarm America’s whites.” After the applause dies down, Chappelle says, “There’s only one thing that’s going to save this country from itself. Same thing that always saves this country from itself. And that is African-Americans. And I know the question a lot of y’all have in your minds is, should we do it? ***** yeah, we should do it.” 

“No matter what they say or how they make you feel, remember, this is your country, too,” Chappelle tells his audience. “It is incumbent upon us to save our country. And you know what we have to do.” Then comes the twist: “Every able-bodied African-American must register for a legal firearm. That’s the only way they’ll change the law.”

https://www.statista.com/statistics/476456/mass-shootings-in-the-us-by-shooter-s-race/

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, teef said:

If I pay another 50 bucks, they let me dip into another series of licenses. 

Oh yeah.  I’m already thinking about being inappropriate with the smoke show next to me. She’ll want nothing to do with me at first, but I’m adorable…so you never know. 

I bet she is half Asian.

20 hours ago, Prospector said:

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, fidelity

Treat your neighbor as yourself

you guys are right, terrible ideas to conform to

Who says those are terrible ideas? 

43 minutes ago, julian said:

Anyone arrested carrying an illegal firearm needs significant jail time and this soft on crime approach isn’t working.

How frequently are these crimes being committed by people previously arrested for illegal firearms? That feels like a limited solution. And in general I'm not an advocate of simply extending jail times for criminal offenders because I've seen no evidence that it solves the fundamental problems which create these issues, nor do I inherently trust the government to decide how long people should lose their rights and be incarcerated. Truth be told these are very very complicated issues and I'm wary of any proposed "simple" solutions. Solving these issues is a herculean effort that will likely take multiple generations worth of work, if these issues are even solvable to begin with.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

How frequently are these crimes being committed by people previously arrested for illegal firearms? That feels like a limited solution. And in general I'm not an advocate of simply extending jail times for criminal offenders because I've seen no evidence that it solves the fundamental problems which create these issues, nor do I inherently trust the government to decide how long people should lose their rights and be incarcerated. Truth be told these are very very complicated issues and I'm wary of any proposed "simple" solutions. Solving these issues is a herculean effort that will likely take multiple generations worth of work, if these issues are even solvable to begin with.

Not trying to be snarky but who do you think determines the sentencing terms and limits we have now? If not the government, then who? 

8 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

Asian lady's like white guys, they have much better sausage than fellow asians

Well this means I am probably perfect.  I am Asian so I satisfy the family demands that she must be with an Asian man and also white so I can satisfy the GF demands.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Not trying to be snarky but who do you think determines the sentencing terms and limits we have now? If not the government, then who? 

Of course the government has to do that, but we should always start these conversations with the understanding that incarceration represents a forfeiture of rights. So if someone's proposed solution to any issue is to extend the time that we are forfeiting a person's rights, I want to see evidence that there is a good reason to do that. Not just throw it out there because it sounds like a possible solution. I'm also sensitive to the fact that innocent people will inevitably be incarcerated, which should be seen as an appalling (but unfortunately inevitable) violation of rights, so any changes we're making to the incarceration system should be made with the knowledge that we are also changing the treatment of legitimately innocent people.

I recognize that most people don't think about the justice system and rights in this way, but realistically it's how we should approach these discussions.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

22 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I personally don’t give a damn if criminals are locked up for ever or have their hands cut off because I’m not a criminal and I respect people and their property.

now I understand my view is drastic and some may deem it barbaric, but I know what stops a criminal 100% from hurting citizens further.. being locked up so the rest of us can simply live our lives peacefully.

That’s all I got, I’m a caveman though lol.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1