Multiple people shot at KC parade.

fasteddie

On 2/14/2024 at 3:03 PM, boyst said:

news just confirmed 1 dead, 10 people total shot.

2 suspects in custody.

https://www.kmbc.com/article/shooting-reported-at-kansas-city-chiefs-super-bowl-victory-rally/46790065

live news from kc, chopper just left for fuel

Apologies if I missed it in scanning through the debates here, but 10 people shot is low.

22 people hurt

9 children shot among the 11 children injured and treated at Children's Mercy.  All expected to recover

8 adult gunshot patients, two in critical condition

Death is 44 yr old local DJ, married mother of 2

Some sources say 21 shot so may be some more treated elsewhere or treated and released

12 hours ago, Heels20X6 said:

But the reason it won't be truly discussed with the racial element attached to it is because no one will be honest as to WHY crime and especially crime amongst black men in inner cities is so high.  Because that requires us to look at the institutions/policies/systems that were put in place to bring such levels of abject poverty and lack of opportunity that crime becomes palatable.

It's just easier to sit there on a high horse and say "black men are more violent than white men" without any context whatsover.

White policies force offenders to commit astronomical levels of violent crimes on their fellow man?

Cmon, how long has this been going on.  Sins of past is not an excuse to endlessly continue this cycle.  It has to stop, and it cant happen without accountability. The only person that couldve stopped this was the kids who did it.  16 year olds? So born in 2008, these are hardly jim crow kids.  It starts with parenting, #1 being present.  When pre-teens only model of a father is a neighborhood teenage gang banger, this is going to happen.  Its been happening, its never going to stop happening.

#1 be present, be accountable

#2 stop handing down the mind virus that is telling innocent kids, that other innocent kids that look different, hate them, always will, and will stop at nothing to hold them back. Self fulfilling prophecy planted in their minds before theyve had a chance to even begin to develop

12 hours ago, Heels20X6 said:

But the reason it won't be truly discussed with the racial element attached to it is because no one will be honest as to WHY crime and especially crime amongst black men in inner cities is so high.  Because that requires us to look at the institutions/policies/systems that were put in place to bring such levels of abject poverty and lack of opportunity that crime becomes palatable.

It's just easier to sit there on a high horse and say "black men are more violent than white men" without any context whatsover.

Theres no context to mindless violent crime.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 hours ago, Beck Water said:

They're juveniles.  "Ton of prior arrests including felonies" does not seem likely.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/mass-shooting-kansas-city-chiefs-super-bowl-celebration-investigation/story?id=107254077

They haven't been publicly named/identified because they are juveniles.

The third suspect was determined to not be involved and was released.

There may have been others involved, that's being looked at.

The white kid up in Michigan (Oxford HS) who shot up his school and killed 4 was FIFTEEN when he did that. How long after the shooting was it before we knew who he was? I'll save you the time of looking it up....it was WITHIN DAYS. He was a juvenile.

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

The white kid up in Michigan (Oxford HS) who shot up his school and killed 4 was FIFTEEN when he did that. How long after the shooting was it before we knew who he was? I'll save you the time of looking it up....it was WITHIN DAYS. He was a juvenile.

These kids have not yet been charged or arrested yet in so far as I know.  The adult released.  Too soon to give the public names if not yet charges.  Nothing to.do with skin color.  C'mon man.  

• Agree 1

The shooting happened on Wednesday. Yesterday, the "authorities" went in front of the microphones and stated that they had 24 hours to charge the perps or by law, they'd have to let them go. We're now past the 24 hours and I see no "new" news, ssssoooo did they let them go?! 

Edit to Add: Just saw that Taylor Swift donated $100k to the family of the woman who was killed. That was very nice of her, although what about the other victims? Many of them will probably have medical bills, lost wages, physical/mental therapy bills, etc. which will amount to way more than the cost of a funeral.

Edited by Bob Jones
  • Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

26 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

was very nice of her, although what about the other victims? Many of them will probably have medical bills, lost wages, physical/mental therapy bills, etc. which will amount to way more than the cost of a funeral.

Maybe you can donate.  Why harsh on her for trying?  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

They might.  They are not to blame though.  Anyhow, blame the rich all you want but I don't think anyone can donate to those folks yet as I don't think their names and conditions have been made public.  

39 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Maybe the 60 or so multimillionaires in the Chiefs organization should take care of ALL of their needs, not random strangers?

Well then why are you being harsh on Swift for trying when you are now saying the Chiefs should take care of ALL their needs?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Bob Jones said:

The shooting happened on Wednesday. Yesterday, the "authorities" went in front of the microphones and stated that they had 24 hours to charge the perps or by law, they'd have to let them go. We're now past the 24 hours and I see no "new" news, ssssoooo did they let them go?! 

Edit to Add: Just saw that Taylor Swift donated $100k to the family of the woman who was killed. That was very nice of her, although what about the other victims? Many of them will probably have medical bills, lost wages, physical/mental therapy bills, etc. which will amount to way more than the cost of a funeral.

How much did you donate?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Well then why are you being harsh on Swift for trying when you are now saying the Chiefs should take care of ALL their needs?

Not being harsh on her. She probably should have waited, as I'm guessing somebody will establish some sort of charity fund that will benefit ALL of the victims, and then she could have given to that, instead of immediately jumping to give $$$ to this one family. She'll *probably* donate to that new fund too.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, FireChans said:

How much did you donate?

Why on earth would I donate when the 60 or so multimillionaires on the Chiefs (and/or their billionaire owner) could, and should, easily handle it?

Edited by Bob Jones
  • Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Has this topic fixed the country yet? 

Looks like it has not, I’ll check back in later.

I hope whomever bumps it next time has actual New Info and Updates just sayin'

12 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Why on earth would I donate when the 60 or so multimillionaires on the Chiefs (and/or their billionaire owner) could, and should, easily handle it?

Because you can help instead of complaining that other people aren’t helping enough (like you).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

She probably should have waited, as I'm guessing somebody will establish some sort of charity fund that will benefit ALL of the victims, and then she could have given to that,

There's a funeral to financially deal with now though.  Just stop.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Not being harsh on her. She probably should have waited, as I'm guessing somebody will establish some sort of charity fund that will benefit ALL of the victims, and then she could have given to that, instead of immediately jumping to give $$$ to this one family. She'll *probably* donate to that new fund too.

It's amazing you are giving TS advice on how to help victims. 

• Haha (+1) 2