Multiple people shot at KC parade.

fasteddie

28 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

You think life is difficult NOW? Life has never been easier in human history and that is the problem. People have no purpose. We need to get back to strong family values, hard work, and determination.

In some ways sure but there are a lot of problems in modern society.  The economy sucks, inflation is squeezing out the middle class.   Social media has poisoned the way people think.  People are brainwashed by politics.  The world has never been more divided.  There are absolutely legitimate things going on out there contributing to the decline of this society.  I agree with what your saying about people feeling like they have no purpose and lacking strong family values but that comes from some of the stuff I mentioned above.  Are there some lazy people out there milking the system?  Yes of course.  Do I know hard working people that can't get ahead because they are buried in student loan debt and they can barely afford to pay their rent?  Absolutely.

I get the point you are trying to make but to say life has never been easier isn't fair to so many people.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

28 minutes ago, julian said:

And next weekend in Chicago just like every weekend another 45 young black kids/men will kill each other and nobody will say a word, silent until the next mass shooting then back onto the gun debate.

And while you're focusing on Chicago,  St Louis,  Birmingham, Jackson MI, and New Orleans all have higher gun violence rates. But let's talk about Chicago because....?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

In some ways sure but there are a lot of problems in modern society.  The economy sucks, inflation is squeezing out the middle class.   Social media has poisoned the way people think.  People are brainwashed by politics.  The world has never been more divided.  There are absolutely legitimate things going on out there contributing to the decline of this society.  I agree with what your saying about people feeling like they have no purpose and lacking strong family values but that comes from some of the stuff I mentioned above.  Are there some lazy people out there milking the system?  Yes of course.  Do I know hard working people that can't get ahead because they are buried in student loan debt and they can barely afford to pay their rent?  Absolutely.

I get the point you are trying to make but to say life has never been easier isn't fair to so many people.

I find it interesting that you consider people not being able to pay off a loan they freely took out for a higher education to be an example of life being hard. Really? That’s your example? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, julian said:

I’m not a big math guy, but last weekend in Chicago 18 people were shot according to local news.

Maybe that makes Chicago a safe city, I’m not sure.

There were 617 homicides and 2450 shootings across Chicago throughout 2023, according to Chicago Police Department data.

However bad that number is,  it's a 10% decrease from 2022.

Many cities have a higher homicide rate. 

Just now, klos63 said:

And while you're focusing on Chicago,  St Louis,  Birmingham, Jackson MI, and New Orleans all have higher gun violence rates. But let's talk about Chicago because....?

Yeah 100% correct, I think Chicago is really the only city that’s had any substantial reporting on the epidemic of shootings and hand gun violence in the black communities.

It still doesn’t get the nations attention like these mass shootings because the national MSM has decided mass shootings will help with the anti-gun narrative they’re clearly pushing because they don’t believe people value young black men shooting each other like they value the innocent white bystanders being gunned down.

its pretty obvious, they don’t even try to hide their agenda.

Just now, klos63 said:

However bad that number is,  it's a 10% decrease from 2022.

Many cities have a higher homicide rate. 

Sure, but getting bogged down in stats misses the point, the media and politicians don’t give a damn because almost all those shootings are perpetrated with handguns by young black men against young black men.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, julian said:

Yeah 100% correct, I think Chicago is really the only city that’s had any substantial reporting on the epidemic of shootings and hand gun violence in the black communities.

It still doesn’t get the nations attention like these mass shootings because the national MSM has decided mass shootings will help with the anti-gun narrative they’re clearly pushing because they don’t believe people value young black men shooting each other like they value the innocent white bystanders being gunned down.

Sure, but getting bogged down in stats misses the point, the media and politicians don’t give a damn because almost all those shootings are perpetrated with handguns by young black men against young black men.

This is the media's fault somehow? Who do you think reports on the Chicago violence while ignoring the higher violence rates in other cities?

So you think Newtown, Uvalde, Vegas.... got too much coverage? 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I spent my youth going to Catholic mass six times a week. I went to a private Christian high school. 
    One of my happiest moments was when my mother, who passed in 2018 , as she knew she had only months to live, told me she knew there was no heaven.

Of course, we had a good argument about why she subjected me to all that BS and as with all parents, she was doing the best she could and what she thought was right. It took her till her eighties to break the mental conditioning she’d been subjected to as a depression era girl, but she did.

Try doing something nice for someone, not because you believe in something, but because it’s just nice to do nice things. That’s a far more noble cause than “ being a good ( pick your sect)” 

I don’t have all the answers but I also don’t need to deify that which I can’t comprehend.

None of us know or could even comprehend it if we did have all of the answers. It's a personal choice and a personal journey to try with our tiny human brains to understand why we are here and what our purpose is. If you think we are just existing with absolutely no purpose or higher calling then I think that is a lonely existence and maybe there's more to it than that. I wouldn't write it off because bad people say they believe xyz but meanwhile don't live it. Humans are fallible. And that's why I think we need more of a purpose, whatever that means to you

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Most economists from both sides say the economy is very strong. 

You say it sucks,  then state that people are brainwashed by politics. 

It's as if you're one of the people you're talking about. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Dislike 2

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

This is the media's fault somehow? Who do you think reports on the Chicago violence while ignoring the higher violence rates in other cities?

So you think Newtown, Uvalde, Vegas.... got too much coverage? 

Hey man, if you wanna ignore what’s happening right in front of you that’s your call.

I think all shootings should get as much national coverage as possible, but any adult thinking critically can see the types of shootings that get the national attention and the ones that don’t.

we’ll just agree to disagree, have a good evening.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, CNYfan said:

Hmm?  

I think my only concern is motive.

Why?

greetings. I personally think that the motive may come out. But I am less interested in that as I am the overview of who the shooters were, ages, etc.  Even then the parents of these individuals might, I say MIGHT be fine upstanding people. Or NOT. The Parkland school shooters Mother was recently convicted for her sons being enabled to take a gun and shoot to kill 4 kids. The dad goes on trial next.

Noone arrested yet. Clearly developing story  .

Edited by muppy

17 minutes ago, julian said:

Sure, but getting bogged down in stats misses the point, the media and politicians don’t give a damn because almost all those shootings are perpetrated with handguns by young black men against young black 

Why do you think they don't care? 

I know one party wants nothing to do with gun laws,  but I still think most of them still care a bit about the violence.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

I find it interesting that you consider people not being able to pay off a loan they freely took out for a higher education to be an example of life being hard. Really? That’s your example? 

how does this apply to this topic dude?  

Edited by nedboy7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

8 hours ago, boyst said:

i'm guessing that any time you can decide to pull the trigger in anger to attack/injure someone you have a few bolts loose.

no healthy individual is going to do this.

It's a nice thought, but healthy individuals do worse on a daily basis.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1