If McDermott doesn’t get it done, would the Bills bring in Shanahan if he left SF after next season?

The 9 Isles

50 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

There is a comparison. You only see one side of it. 

I'm breaking down there records in the playoffs and who they beat what's wrong with the facts they don't fit your argument? At the end of the day Mcd can't get the job done plain and simple. When I pay someone to paint my house I'm not paying them to paint half of it and that's what Mcd is doing winning in the regular season and not when it matters most. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I'm breaking down there records in the playoffs and who they beat what's wrong with the facts they don't fit your argument? At the end of the day Mcd can't get the job done plain and simple. When I pay someone to paint my house I'm not paying them to paint half of it and that's what Mcd is doing winning in the regular season and not when it matters most. 

And nor can Kyle. That is the exact point. That is where they are comparable. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Not while the Pegulas are our owners. Shanahan tanked his interview here in 2015 when they hired Rex. They hated him.

Wow, that I di not know - not surprising at all I guess.  He looks like a tool.....acts like a tool.....perhaps - he is a tool!!!

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Not while the Pegulas are our owners. Shanahan tanked his interview here in 2015 when they hired Rex. They hated him.

great talent evaluation by pegs taking rex over shanny.  perhaps could correct that. 

52 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I would certainly call 0-3 in the big one not winning when it matters most lol

I know this is an unpopular opinion but Shanahan wasn't to blame for the Super Bowl loss. Purdy was. An offense can't function consistently with a QB that has zero ability to make plays with any sort of mess in the pocket. It's a minor miracle that their offense worked as well as it did this season. Deebo Samuel also clearly wasn't close to healthy, so you take away the #1 WR combined with a limited QB going against a stellar defense, no one should be surprised by the result. His team also held the Chiefs to 3 points in the 1st half, and just 1 TD in regulation which only came off of a muffed punt. As far as coaching goes it doesn't get much better than that. I get the complaint about his unwillingness to run but the Chiefs were focusing on shutting the run down all night because they had no fear that Purdy's arm would take advantage of those favorable looks.

It's silly to compare Shanahan's record against the Chiefs in the playoffs versus McDermott's. One of them has a QB capable of matching Mahomes' play in the playoffs, the other has a backup QB. At least Shanahan's team didn't get steamrolled the entire game. I mean this has got to be the only place on the internet where anybody places McDermott and Shanahan in the same conversation.

So of course I would be enthralled if we somehow ended up with Kyle Shanahan. Hopefully the 49ers are dumb enough to make him the sacrificial lamb next year and then inevitably fall into purgatory when their QB problem doesn't magically solve itself. We could have our pick of the litter if McDermott fails again - Ben Johnson, Kyle Shanahan, Mike Vrabel. Who wants their chance with a top 2 QB and a good core of young talent?

Edited by HappyDays
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

And nor can Kyle. That is the exact point. That is where they are comparable. 

It’s amazing the mental gymnastics some people on here do to prop up other coaches (ex:Shanahan) or players (ex: Herbert) while continually putting down the Bills. Especially in this case-getting the job done for most people is winning the Super Bowl. It baffles me that people are arguing that Shanahan is getting the job done according to their own criteria  

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Shanahan made it to the SuperBowl with Brock Purdy

McDermott can't get out of the divisional round with Josh Allen

And who do both have trouble beating?   Chiefs.   It’s the same problem they just run into the problem in differnt rounds. 

16 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Gunner do u realize the Bills last 3 wins in the playoffs were against Rudolph, Thompson and Mac Jones? Mof who has Mcd beaten ? Rivers playing in last game which btw we almost lost that game and Lamar the regular season Champ of QBs ? Mcd ain't promised nothing in any conference when he struggles to beat the Thompson's and Old man Rivers of the world.

Save your breath....Gunner will be the last one on the USS McDermott.  Trying to break through is pointless. 

9 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Shanahan made it to the SuperBowl with Brock Purdy

McDermott can't get out of the divisional round with Josh Allen

If the Buffalo Bills happened to be in the NFC they probably would have already been in the SB. The best team in the NFL has kept them out.

Wanna see a chart that shows the best teams in the NFL the last five years?  The top five are the Chiefs 63-20, Bills 58-24, Ravens 56-27, Packers 56-27, 49ers 54-29. 

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/best-teams-in-the-last-5-years-in-nfl

The Kansas City Chiefs with Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid, now Spags have just been the best team in the NFL. The Buffalo Bills lost to the Chiefs this season in the playoffs... at home... with an injury-riddled defense... by a missed FG. 

• Agree 2

I wouldn’t hate it actually. Look what he’s done with a 7th round QB and also led Jimmy Garrapollo to a SB. The skill players on that team are amazing as well. I could only imagine what he could do with an elite QB like JA. Still I’m not ready to give up on McDermott. I feel like I’m in an abusive relationship 

2 minutes ago, SoTier said:

My thought exactly!  What's the point? 

Unless they were to go with the hot OC/DC type like Ben Johnson then the only proven coach out there is Bill and Pete. The Seahawks forced Pete Caroll to step down as HC and take an advisor position with them. At this point I don't know if he would want to come east. He did win a Super and National Championship. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.