What is your unpopular Bills opinion?

Mikie2times

There will be a Hopkins-esque shiny object free agent receiver who, like Hopkins, will profess his desire to win and who, like Hopkins, will have a ridiculous 300 page thread on this board and who, like Hopkins, will sign with one of the worst teams in football for an extra $1.

• Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

Gabe Davis is a better receiver than people give him credit for. 

Our offensive line is still not that good, especially for run blocking. 

I think combination of Gabe wasn’t utilized to his strengths + his ankles get dinged up every season. Frustrating player.  Hard to believe he’s only 24 

59 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

There will be a Hopkins-esque shiny object free agent receiver who, like Hopkins, will profess his desire to win and who, like Hopkins, will have a ridiculous 300 page thread on this board and who, like Hopkins, will sign with one of the worst teams in football for an extra $1.

Renfro just hit the market. Lol

8 minutes ago, 14774 said:

Renfro just hit the market. Lol

not even close to Hopkins level of player. I could see Keenan Allen being someone that becomes available. Not a big fan of the guy personally, though he’s a quality WR

if we’re going after a veteran not currently a UFA, I’d target Cortland Sutton for a mid round pick.

Tyler Lockett is another one who could become available. Rumored to be a cut candidate would save SEA 17 million

Edited by Warriorspikes51

DK Metcalf needs to be in a Bills uniform😎

Just now, KeLLy1278 said:

That the new stadium is a total waste of time and money.. plus from the photos it looks hideous.  Just another stadium with zero charm to speak of.  

the thing isnt even built?! How about waiting until it is before passing this kind of judgment

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/22/2024 at 1:40 AM, GoBills! said:

We love to the underdog player so much that we hate change because the 1 of 20 guys we held on to ends up making himself a pro bowl career. 

embrace change and a new player, not everyone is meant to be here 4+ years. 

This is almost exactly what I was thinking during the Gabe Davis discussion l.

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

DK Metcalf needs to be in a Bills uniform😎

the thing isnt even built?! How about waiting until it is before passing this kind of judgment

It’s not hard to see the model plans.. feel free to take a look for yourself.  It’s an ugly stadium model with absolutely zero charm imo.  I wish that they would just add a few things to the current one.  The new one is just a generic eye sore.  But hey, to each their own.

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I think combination of Gabe wasn’t utilized to his strengths + his ankles get dinged up every season. Frustrating player.  Hard to believe he’s only 24 

I was on record as expecting a lot more than many others expected last year. I was wrong and I own it, but I wouldn’t be shocked to see him go on and do fairly well. 

8 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

In that SB the Rams beat the Bengals, who had beaten the Chiefs, who had beaten the Bills. Not to say it couldn’t have happened, but the Bills winning it all is a lot to assume. 

That is why it is my unpopular Bills opinion.  In my heart of hearts, I actually believe we would have beat Cincy at home and beat the Rams in the bowl.  The Bills offense was playing lights f#$king out that post season.

8 minutes ago, I Am The Liquor said:

That is why it is my unpopular Bills opinion.  In my heart of hearts, I actually believe we would have beat Cincy at home and beat the Rams in the bowl.  The Bills offense was playing lights f#$king out that post season.

Okay, but it’s not like KC’s wasn't and they lost to Cincy. I’m not sure how unpopular it is either. I’ve read more posts like that than I can count. Every season it’s the same thing: “If x, y and/or z hadn’t happened, then we’d have won it all that year.” I’m not convinced. Pressure mounts throughout the playoffs and the Bills are yet to handle that well. I’ll give you this though, I think that it was their best opportunity for a championship. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This falls more into the category of prediction than opinion ( I suppose predictions by thier nature are opinions).  And I am sure it will be unpopular. 

1. The Bills offense will excel in 2024
  2. The defense will struggle.  Bills fans will apologize for the struggles by pointing out the problems which are obvious today 
    1. White, Milano and Miller will all play like former stars attempting to recover from major injuries, but not returning close to form
    2. The safety position will struggle, because the combined ages of this years two starts is approaching 70. 
    3. The edge rusher position will be NFL average
    4. The interior defense will be NFL average
    5. linebackers will be below NFL average
    6. Cornerbacks will be NFL average
  3. Defensive struggles will be blamed on the new DC Babich. 
  4. Defensive struggles will be apologized for by fans due to cap limitations
  5. special teams will be as as bad as 2023
  6. Due to Josh Allen and the offense, the team will make the playoffs
  7. Some players will be injured
  8. Some games will be impacted by bad calls
  9. Bills will go out in the divisional round of the playoffs.
  10. Fans will generally conclude, the Bills did not advance further because of things beyond the Bills control.
  11. After the season TBD posters will argue about whether significant changes should be made
  12. No significant changes will be made. 
  13. I will be happy to be wrong and watch the Bills hoist the Lombardi
  14. If the Bills hoist the Lombardi, someone will revive this thread and poop on this post. This will also make me happy. 
Edited by Chaos
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

Okay, but it’s not like KC’s wasn't and they lost to Cincy. I’m not sure how unpopular it is either. I’ve read more posts like that than I can count. Every season it’s the same thing: “If x, y and/or z hadn’t happened, then we’d have won it all that year.” I’m not convinced. Pressure mounts throughout the playoffs and the Bills are yet to handle that well. I’ll give you this though, I think that it was their best opportunity for a championship. 

I get what you're saying buddy, if ifs and buts were candies and nuts...Still just a bummer looking back man.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Josh Allen will go down in history as the greatest QB to never win a Super Bowl, taking the honor from Dan Marino…

Fran Tarkenton & Dan Fouts were better than DM & JA. That's my unpopular opinion lol.

• Like (+1) 1