Its Pretty Obvious why the Chiefs win every year

gonzo1105

25 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

There is a difference between regular season and playoff football. Something the Bills are 0-3 against the Chiefs in. If it’s 50/50 the Bills would have won one of them 

That is not how probability works.

3 minutes ago, Avisan said:

That is not how probability works.

Im no Math guy I’ll admit that but if two teams are 50/50 and one team is 0-3 against the other than their not 50/50 but I guess we have to lose two more times before we start winning or to have further proof 

This is why the Bills gotta consider going after Chris Jones.  Gotta make Chiefs weaker to beat them.  And if nothing else you make him more expensive for Chiefs to sign.  Jones ain’t going to a non-contender. He’ll never get his due in KC.  It’s all Mahomes Kelce and the coaching.  He comes to Buffalo and we win super bowl, he’ll be in reggie White territory.  

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills are the closest team to the Chiefs and they have been since 2020.  If the Bills were in the NFC it would have been Bills v Chiefs superbowls 3 of the last 4 seasons. 

It's unfortunate that the perception of the Chiefs is so much more favorable than the Bills even though the true skill gap is much tighter than most will admit. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 2

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

I think you have to play mistake free against kc. When San Fran turned it over on the punt, I think that sealed their fate 

And notice how after Mahomes threw a terrible INT early in the 2nd half the Chiefs three and outed the 49's.  That also sealed their fate.

As an aside, it's interesting how some Bills fans view every Allen INT as the reason for a Bills loss.  Yet Mahomes threw a pick yesterday as bad as any Allen threw over the whole season and what happened? The Chiefs D rose up and didn't allow the 49's to get even one 1st down.  Now that's true complementary football not the fake version that McD practices.

1 minute ago, Bruffalo said:

The Bills are the closest team to the Chiefs and they have been since 2020.  If the Bills were in the NFC it would have been Bills v Chiefs superbowls 3 of the last 4 seasons. 

It's unfortunate that the perception of the Chiefs is so much more favorable than the Bills even though the true skill gap is much tighter than most will admit. 

Coaching is the crucial and apparently insurmountable difference between the two teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

When the game was on the line in OT, Mahomes drove his team down the field for the SB winning TD.  That is clutch.

I love Josh as our QB but he had the chance to win that game against the chiefs by keeping the ball till the end; instead he went for Hero ball and misfired.  That is the difference between the two...it is marginal..but that is what wins the SB

If we don't misfire on that lsat drive and forcing to kick a 44 yard FG (with a shaky kicker) then we are moving to the AFCC....But we failed. that is the difference between the two teams.

So in spite of your "great love for Josh as our QB" it's his fault that we didn't beat the Chiefs in the divisional playoff game?  Judas Priest it's this type of thinking that drives me nuts.  By any objective observation the least of the Bills problems versus the Chiefs is Allen.  Yet the same folks continue to call out Allen as the issue over and over and over again.

You people expect Allen to be perfect and when he's not you cry about his "losing the game".  And as Greg Cossel repeatedly notes about the Bills requiring Allen to be perfect every game is crazy and WILL NEVER WORK.  BTW, Mahomes was far from perfect:  he threw a bad INT in the 3rd quarter but his D rose up and snuffed out the 49's threat.  And then at the end of regulation Mahomes zeroed in on Kelsey failing to see a wide open receiver that would have easily caught a TD pass and won the game. 

This is called the eb & flow of a game.  And it's here that with far superior coaching and better clutch players surrounding him Mahomes can shine.  If the Bills want to challenge the Chiefs they have to surround Allen with the same.

9 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Coaching is the crucial and apparently insurmountable difference between the two teams. 

You'd be crazy to argue that McDermott is on a similar level as Reid, I won't pretend otherwise.

I was on the "let's move on from McD" bandwagon for most of the season, and I'm still kind of there (purely from a philosophical perspective that Offensive HCs are inherently better choices in the modern NFL). I'm not going to pretend that McDermott is a bottom tier coach though, just because he hasn't done it doesn't mean he can't.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

This is why the Bills gotta consider going after Chris Jones.  Gotta make Chiefs weaker to beat them.  And if nothing else you make him more expensive for Chiefs to sign.  Jones ain’t going to a non-contender. He’ll never get his due in KC.  It’s all Mahomes Kelce and the coaching.  He comes to Buffalo and we win super bowl, he’ll be in reggie White territory.  

I thought that the Bills are over the cap RIGHT NOW. Do they have $$$ to go after big name/expensive players?

3 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

I thought that the Bills are over the cap RIGHT NOW. Do they have $$$ to go after big name/expensive players?

we gotta stop kicking the can for guys that aren’t difference makers especially on defense.  I’m cutting any guy on defense except Oliver to sign Jones.  

2 hours ago, 26TrapDraw said:

Your post was good and you formulated some good thoughts. I said this to my Wife when we were driving home from the Super Bowl party.

Patrick Mahomes is a champion because he make critical plays when he has to /needs to and Josh Allen Does not. Mahomes doesn’t give a shyt who his receivers are. He finds a way. Did anybody here think the Chiefs were not gonna win in OT?? Allen When Playing the chiefs this year in the playoffs screwed up at the end of the game. He didn’t use his brain when it mattered most.Think long and hard about that and Flame all you want but bottom Line is Mahomes has 3 rings and is a Champion. Our Boy sat on his Ass and watched..

I guess you didn't watch yesterday's game.  Mahomes was great especially when he had to be but what differentiates the Chiefs from the Bills is that their coaching staff and other players surrounding Mahomes are also clutch and came through when they needed to.  That's true complimentary football, not the fake version that McD talks about.

Yesterday the Chiefs defense kept them in the game while Mahomes and the offense were figuring things out. KC had only THREE POINTS at half and had not exactly moved the ball up and down the field.  Yet the 49's only led 10 to 3.  The Bills D would have probably given up 24 points to the 49's in yesterday's first half.  But Mahomes and Reid had the luxury of time to get it right - thanks entirely to their D.

Then in the 3rd quarter Mahomes throws a bad INT but again the KC D rises up and doesn't let the 49's gain a first down after getting the ball at the Chiefs 45 yard line.

And how abut Kelsey?  One catch for 1 yard in the first half and 8 catches for 92 yards in the 2nd half.  The guy was a beast and made clutch catch after clutch catch for Mahomes.  Who on the Bills offense rose up in the 2nd half to dominate the Chiefs D?  All I remember was a single great Shakir TD catch and a couple of drops by the rest of the WR's.

At the end of the game, in a situation similar to what Allen faced near the end of the Chiefs game Mahomes missed seeing a wide open WR for the game winning TD to try to force a throw to Kelsey.  KC then made the FG to get to OT and in OT their D held SF to a FG after the 49's made it to the Red Zone and then Mahomes did his magic to drive for a TD and win the game.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

You'd be crazy to argue that McDermott is on a similar level as Reid, I won't pretend otherwise.

I was on the "let's move on from McD" bandwagon for most of the season, and I'm still kind of there (purely from a philosophical perspective that Offensive HCs are inherently better choices in the modern NFL). I'm not going to pretend that McDermott is a bottom tier coach though, just because he hasn't done it doesn't mean he can't.

I agree and yes I do believe we can win a SB with McD IF he and Bean change the direction of the teams draft & FA signings to work at surrounding Allen with the best possible players and IF Brady is the real deal at OC. At the same time it will be a lot harder to win a SB with McD then with an offensive minded head coach.

And what makes this station so frustrating to me is that McD is NOT a bottom tier coach he is actually in the top half of coaches.  But living in Cincinnati all these years allowed me to experience Marvin Lewis who also was a good but not great coach who resurrected a dead franchise. IMO the only reason McD has had some playoff success whereas Lewis went 0 - 7 in the playoffs is Allen. 

11 hours ago, Doc said:

It helps when the refs don't call holding...

I'm usually the 1st one to defend the refs on a weekly basis, however, i noticed ALOT of holding by KC in the 2nd half last night.....nothing was called.

Shameful.......just shameful. 

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I agree and yes I do believe we can win a SB with McD IF he and Bean change the direction of the teams draft & FA signings to work at surrounding Allen with the best possible players and IF Brady is the real deal at OC. At the same time it will be a lot harder to win a SB with McD then with an offensive minded head coach.

And what makes this station so frustrating to me is that McD is NOT a bottom tier coach he is actually in the top half of coaches.  But living in Cincinnati all these years allowed me to experience Marvin Lewis who also was a good but not great coach who resurrected a dead franchise. IMO the only reason McD has had some playoff success whereas Lewis went 0 - 7 in the playoffs is Allen. 

I agree with what you're saying, I'm just trying to be optimistic since we know McDermott isn't going anywhere for at least this season. 

The Bills are an excellent team stuck behind a dynasty team.  It's so Buffalo for that to happen. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

First lets start by saying I hate their guts if only because of how good they are every year and they most years eliminate our Buffalo Bills.  I will also fully recognize that probably this post will get crapped on by most Bills fans but the truth hurts sometimes.

This post will be an extension of another poster bringing it up but the reason why the Chiefs win every year is because they have the most top end players and coaching in the league and they always show up when the lights are the brightest.

Patrick Mahomes- Is the best QB in the league. Comes through 95% of the time with the game on the line and very rarely fails come playoff time. Josh Allen is a very close 2nd but doesn't have the supporting cast that he does.

Creed Humphrey/Joe Thuney, Trey Smith- Individually 2 out of the 3 could be in the argument for the best Center and Guard at their positions in the league and collectively are definitely the best interior line in football.

Travis Kelce- Maybe not the best TE this season and was shut down very early in the Super Bowl but as the game rolled on there was his presence. No bigger than the 22 yard scamper down the sideline to tie the game at the end of regulation. 9 catches for 93 yards.

Chris Jones- Maybe not huge on the stat line tonight but affected the pass and run game all night for the Chiefs. Makes the QB get off their mark. Cost the Bills at go ahead TD in the divisional game, harrassed Jackson and Purdy in both of the other games.

Trent McDuffie- All over the field making tons of plays and have sticky coverage. He might be the best slot CB in the league and he is still very young. Played great tonight.

L'Jarius Sneed- For the most part was good tonight besides giving up the TD to Jennings which was even still pretty good coverage. Gave up 1 TD all season long and could arguably considered the best outside CB in the NFL.

Harrison Butker- Guy has been as good if not better than Justin Tucker these last couple of seasons and there he was again tonight burying at 57 yards FG  and then hitting the 28 yarder to get the game into OT. Tucker probably still the best Kicker but to me its 1A and 1B.

Andy Reid/Steve Spagnuolo- They continue to make adjustments at halftime and win games for their team. Spagnuolo was getting gashed early in the game in multiple ways but essentially shut down the 49ers offense in the 2nd half. The Chiefs also held the Bills to 7 second half points and completely shut down the Ravens in the AFC title game.

This doesn't even include the plethora of really good other players that they have including Pacheco, Rice, Karlaftis, Nnadi, Bolton, Gay, Justin Reid, and Townsend.

To me for the Bills, to get to the Chiefs level, they need to acquire more high end talent. It is simply amazing to me that Josh Allen has almost single handedly willed this Bills franchise to wins against the Chiefs in the playoffs. The Bills have talented players besides Allen but not to the level that the Chiefs. You can argue for Bills guys sure but at most positions the Chiefs have a guy who is better with the exception of LB and WR.

Good News:  The Chiefs do indeed have a lot of excellent players and coaches.  Yet we went toe-for-toe with them twice this season.  We're nearly as good.  

Bad News: We don't have the cap space to get any better.

I'm hoping Beane does some magic and pulls a rabbit out of his hat.  Actually, I'm hoping for a few rabbits.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.