NFL MVP

Bills!Win!

57 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Josh would not have led that same Baltimore team to a 13-3 record and the #1 seed.

Is there a zero seed I am unaware of?

57 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Josh would not have led that same Baltimore team to a 13-3 record and the #1 seed.

Is there a zero seed I am unaware of?

On 2/7/2024 at 11:20 AM, RiotAct said:

yeah anyone with half a brain can see that Josh is more valuable to Buffalo than Lamar is to the Ravens.

I hear this argument a lot, but I don't like it. I mean, I agree that Josh deserves it just as much, if not more, than Lamar, but the NFL MVP is not about who is most valuable on their respective team, it is about who is most valuable league wide.

You could have a bad team who's QB does everything for their offense and gets them to 7 wins. Should he be the NFL MVP just because he is the most valuable person on his bad team?

Josh Allen can be a better player, put up better stats, and have a more balanced offense and deserve it even though there might be a QB out there who does everything for their team. Because it is NFL MVP, not who is most valuable for their respective teams.

It is about stats, wins, memorable games, and having strong performances in the last quarter of the season. And I think they usually get it right. Not always, but usually.

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

Why do you think this? The Ravens had the #1 defense and better receivers. Why would Josh Allen not perform just as well, if not better, than Lamar? Josh is a better passer and just as big of a threat running it.

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Narrative 

I mean he did let's be honest.  I'm just saying, when it comes to stupid awards, they can't pick.him with all those INTS. It is what it is. Josh is my.guy.  Most talent in the league.  But this is based on stats and clips. He had to many with INTs this year 

16 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

Josh had to many turnovers to win these awards.  Sad, but true. 

Plus, he gave away arguably two games when all we needed was a game manager (@Jets, Broncos).  An MVP can't do that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Everyone dancing around it, I'll say it. Race has a lot to do with Lamar winning MVP. If Josh had Lamar's stats he wouldn't be in the top 20. 

Guess I’ll be one of the few who strongly disagrees with this take. The Ravens were the model of consistency all year, they bludgeoned other top teams in the league. Lamar played phenomenal at times, he was captain of “the best team in the league.”

If Josh’s Bills beat up on contender after contender like the Ravens and Josh also had the low turnover output Lamar had (ie didn’t cost his team games), there’s no doubt Josh would’ve been in the MVP discussion all year long and the likely winner.

When the Dolphins were hot early, Hill and Tua were heavily discussed. Before the 49ers hit their lull, Brock Purdy and McCaffrey were heavily discussed. Nowadays they seem to award the MVP to a player on the perceived best team rather than the player who was most impactful league wide.

Race has nothing to do with it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.