Mahomes dad arrested for DWI

Scott7975

51 minutes ago, Starr Almighty said:

As a Mets fan I'll give you Turk. But Benítez was a rollercoaster I did not enjoy. Mahomes had a 5 era if I recall correctly. I wasn't a fan of that either.

I am thinking of Benitez when he was that new raw guy who would come in in the 8th inning to set up John Franco.

he was such an exciting player then. But I agree that when he shifted to being a closer, it was too up and down. 

also, how about some love for Dennis Cook?! Cookie was the ying to Wendell’s Yang. Loved those two guys! 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExWNYer said:

He was a decent MLB reliever back in the day. Sounds like he needs help. Hopefully, he realizes that before it's too late.

He wasn't even decent except for for some very limited stretches really.   He was supposed to be a stud starting pitcher when he came up with the Twins and had good a strong arm that kept getting him chances.......but his fastball was straight as an arrow.   I was always delighted to see him come in against the Yankees.   That said,  the guy loved baseball and kicked around the minors and independent leagues for a LONG time after his major league career was over.

Every time I've seen him in relation to something Patrick is doing he has that familiar addled manor you see in old drunks.   That's probably why you don't see a lot of him.  

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

At least his third charge of DWI? That qualifies as a menace, but Texas doesn’t give a flying !@#$.

I’d say his spending weekends in jail for his previous conviction proves otherwise. As a Texan, I’d ask you to reconsider your generalizations. 

• Like (+1) 3

Obviously has a serious issue but three times should be serious jail sentence.  Next time could easily kill someone or many someone’s 

his sons celebrity should have zero to do with this case.   

serious issues in the Mahomes family tree it appears.  Pat M seems to be the only one somewhat normal besides his choice of a spouse 

15 minutes ago, dayman said:

Eh didn’t Andy Reid’s kid almost kill a guy and they didn’t miss a beat 

15 minutes ago, dayman said:

He did kill

Severely injured a child.   https://www.kcur.org/news/2022-11-01/former-chiefs-assistant-britt-reid-sentenced-to-3-years-in-prison-for-drunken-crash-that-injured-child

2 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

That’s pretty false.. They actually enforce their laws there unlike well use your imagination 

Word salad gibberish you heard from someone who makes money off clicks...it's a grift my man

2 hours ago, boyst said:

Whos to say he has any more money?

Yeah! Let's attack Texas despite not knowing ***** about their laws or reading an article just posted above it saying he faces 2-10 years for 3rd offense!

Jump to them conclusions, Felicia. It makes you look brilliant. Your bias is clearly showing. 🤘🏼

Hell yeah Brother!!!111oneone

Let's double down on this!!

Let's then just throw this statement out where we don't acknowledge we just got pantsed and say something stupid to get a response. 

I deleted my initial response to this post because I decided I was not gonna take your bait. Suffice to say, you’re making way too much out of my post. Have a nice evening. 

59 minutes ago, Snappysnackcakes said:

I’d say his spending weekends in jail for his previous conviction proves otherwise. As a Texan, I’d ask you to reconsider your generalizations. 

I did reconsider as my thanks to the poster who provided much needed additional information indicated. I’m glad that Mahomes Sr. will be held to account because his habitual behavior is a ticking time bomb. Glad the TX authorities recognize that.

Edited by K-9
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

Zero excuse to have that much family money and be so stupid.

Surprised Andy doesn't instantly hire him as a coach. What a dysfunctional family.  Yet they always get rewarded.

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

A little girl almost died thanks to one of Andy's alcoholic sons.  Yet people say so what?  Wow

• Agree 3

14 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Surprised Andy doesn't instantly hire him as a coach. What a dysfunctional family.  Yet they always get rewarded.

It’s remarkable that Pat Mahomes Jr. - despite being a whiny, petulant baby - is apparently as well-adjusted as he appears to be.  His brother is a train wreck, as is his dad.

22 minutes ago, boyst said:

OP missed a great trolling and likely ban titling this "Pat Mahomes arrested for DWI."

Wouldn’t have been a ban, but it WOULD have been great!!

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Andy Reid’s son Britt Reid almost killed a little girl, who was left permanently and severely disabled as a result.  This was just before the Chiefs Super Bowl loss to Tampa Bay.

Since they lost , not sure you could say “didn’t miss a beat”

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, dayman said:

He did kill

?

Andy Reid’s oldest son killed himself with an accidental drug overdose at age 29 in Eagles training camp.  I think Andy Reid missed a day of camp and asked that training camp continue in his absence, then re-joined the team pretty shortly

Far as I know, none of the Reids actually killed anyone though, the younger son came about as close as one can come without actually (permanently disabled a little girl, who spent weeks in a coma)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.