Our Window Is As Open As Ever

Bills!Win!

We lost to KC in 2021 and 2022 because the Chiefs had a super team with Mahomes, Kelce and Hill. 13 seconds was inexcusable. We had played our very best game and had them beat. 

In 2023 and 2024 we had injuries to several defensive players in the playoffs when it mattered. Our defense could not stop anyone, not even the Dolphins 3rd string quarterback. I already forgot his name! 

We are never going to be the Patriots or the Chiefs and be a dynasty but if we just stay patient and get a little luck by not getting all the injuries again, I’ll take our chances over anyone. 

Beane needs to work his magic, restructure, move some pieces around and get a #2 receiver and we will be fine. 

A little I’m hurt but not yet slain. I’ll just lie down and bleed a while, then I’ll rise and fight again.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

This is very dramatic. 

What? You never need a nap? 

I’m excited to see next year. I enjoyed a TON of Bills football last season. I wish we were still playing, but I still had a good time. I know we have holes to fill, again, but I believe we will be in the hunt again as well. One day…..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m excited to see next year. I enjoyed a TON of Bills football last season. I wish we were still playing, but I still had a good time. I know we have holes to fill, again, but I believe we will be in the hunt again as well. One day…..

I’m with you. But there will be no blood, nor fighting, nor slaying. 

I pretty much just watch games on my television. 🤷‍♂️ 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I’m with you. But there will be no blood, nor fighting, nor slaying. 

I pretty much just watch games on my television. 🤷‍♂️ 

You’re right, that is all tailgate stuff. I hate to mess up the house on game days. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Beane needs to draft 3 wr this draft, but he won't. He'll draft one and think we're set. 

the time is now to package Diggs with a few other picks for another 1st from Houston or Dallas. Then you come out of Round 1 with 2 dyanamic WR’s to build around

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

the time is now to package Diggs with a few other picks for another 1st from Houston or Dallas. Then you come out of Round 1 with 2 dyanamic WR’s to build around

They won't trade Diggs, and shouldn't. I'd still give him another year or 2, especially if there's more talent around him 

• Like (+1) 1

It's nice being a contender, but losing to the same team in a close game continously is tiring.

If the Bills just weren't good enough it would be one thing, but honestly outside of the AGCCG the Bills were the better team in the respective years.

Even if the teams good enough the coach chokes, I know players made mistakes but doesn't change the facts McD coached like he had a lead.

And yes I'm still bitter, no need to point it out to me.

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

They won't trade Diggs, and shouldn't. I'd still give him another year or 2, especially if there's more talent around him 

In a year or 2 he will be 32 and no more than a #2. Considering the drama around him I would deal him if someone would take the contract and we get decent return (2nd rounder). Doubtful anyone will do that though.

• Disagree 1

14 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

We lost to KC in 2021 and 2022 because the Chiefs had a super team with Mahomes, Kelce and Hill. 13 seconds was inexcusable. We had played our very best game and had them beat. 

In 2023 and 2024 we had injuries to several defensive players in the playoffs when it mattered. Our defense could not stop anyone, not even the Dolphins 3rd string quarterback. I already forgot his name! 

We are never going to be the Patriots or the Chiefs and be a dynasty but if we just stay patient and get a little luck by not getting all the injuries again, I’ll take our chances over anyone. 

Beane needs to work his magic, restructure, move some pieces around and get a #2 receiver and we will be fine. 

A little I’m hurt but not yet slain. I’ll just lie down and bleed a while, then I’ll rise and fight again.

Nice post, getting people to realize that we will turn the corner sooner than later is not easy. The frustration of being close twice now  against the same team is part of the problem. Same thing happened to Peyton Manning with Brady.This dynamic changes suddenly and then we become the team. I truly believe a dominant receiver like Diggs from 2022, would have changed the outcome. Beane and Sean must take a page out of NEs playbook and upgrade a year before a player loses their edge (Diggs)and never again be undermined by a kicker that lost his confidence.

11 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Beane needs to draft 3 wr this draft, but he won't. He'll draft one and think we're set. 

I think we’ll draft 2…1 in the first 3 rounds and then a day 3 pick…

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

kinda loses it's impact after 35 years.

nobody is trading anything for Diggs,  coming off a strange season,  at his age,  with his ginormous cap hit.   so get that out of your heads.

need a CB,  LB depth,  Safeties,  and at the very least a true #2 WR,  preferably one that can ascend to WR1.   hard to hit on those late round picks every year.   alot of work to do.  theres also the need to replace Floyd.

as long as Josh is still a top 5 QB,  the window will always be open.

Edited by bigduke6

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Not just in the hunt. I truly think we would be in the Super Bowl if not for the injuries. Takes some luck.

KC is lucky they got to play our JV squad.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

We'd pry have to trade Diggs and a draft pick to get anyone to take on that contract

Ahh, a classic! Pulling the old Brock Osweiler Maneuver out of the bag of tricks!  

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.