Diggs cryptic comments - 2024 edition

Einstein

You never know how desperate Jerrah, or others are to win.

Don’t think Beane won’t trade him, even with heavy dead money. I’m thinking it’s going to happen.
We have too many draft choices than open roster spots this year.. 
We send Diggs, and get a 3rd rounder or early 4th. Package two more picks and move up for another ne, or if lucky, a late 1st, or deal the extra picks we can’t spend to move up further.
Diggs being replaced with a 1st round WR on a rookie number helps negate some of this years dead. 
could happen..anything could happen with Beane right now. 

Edited by Brian Higgins hair
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Brian Higgins hair said:

Don’t think Beane won’t trade him, even with heavy dead money. I’m thinking it’s going to happen.
We send Diggs, and get a 3rd rounder or early 4th. Package two more picks and move up for another 1st, or deal the extra picks we can’t spend to move up further.
Diggs being replaced with a 1st round WR on a rookie number helps negate some of this years dead. 

Or, offer Jerry: Diggs + 4th + 3rd in 2025 for their 24th overall pick.  

Jones gets his “all in” move.  

Bills go into the draft with 2 1sts 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Brian Higgins hair said:

We send Diggs, and get a 3rd rounder or early 4th. Package two more picks and move up for another ne, or if lucky, a late 1st, or deal the extra picks we can’t spend to move up further.

We're signing only budget guys and letting people like Sebastian Joseph-Day, Julian Blackmon, and Austin Johnson leave the building because money's so tight. But, yeah, Beane would have no problem eating 30+m in a hit for moving Diggs during the Draft.

Season 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

We're signing only budget guys and letting people like Sebastian Joseph-Day, Julian Blackmon, and Austin Johnson leave the building because money's so tight. But, yeah, Beane would have no problem eating 30+m in a hit for moving Diggs during the Draft.

Dont forger another twenty something in dead cap next year too lol

17 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Just maybe because the older, and often injured “better guys” are too expensive for what they offer? Maybe to get younger in the draft? Or is it because we already have younger players ready to step up?

Beane would have NO problem eating 30 million if he replaces Diggs with a younger, day one kid who didn’t fall flat on his face in the playoffs…

• Eyeroll 1

58 minutes ago, Brian Higgins hair said:

Just maybe because the older, and often injured “better guys” are too expensive for what they offer? Maybe to get younger in the draft? Or is it because we already have younger players ready to step up?

Beane would have NO problem eating 30 million if he replaces Diggs with a younger, day one kid who didn’t fall flat on his face in the playoffs…

If Diggs was or is to be moved (which is HIGHLY unlikely) - it would have occured before his 18.5m salary became locked in on 3/17 or after 6/1. 

We literally cannot take the hit it would cost us before 6/1. We have about 8.5m now and will get another 10 for Tre, but that won't come until after 6/1. We'll need to sign picks, have money for the Practice Squad, money for spots still needing addressing after the Draft, and money for the season. We can't take on 31m. We wouldn't even be able to sign our Draft Picks.

We've done the extensions we can do that would save us major cap in Taron and Dion (Douglas couldn't get done and was a re-structure instead). There's no one left to cut that can get us savings. We've done pretty much all of the restructures we can do to save cap. The only way we can come up with money at this point is to do an Oliver re-structure and a Milano re-structure. That wouldn't be REMOTELY enough to even get back to zero, let alone have the money we need for everything else.

It is feasibly impossible to move him before 6/1, no matter what you think.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

I still believe there's a real chance he's traded at the draft.

My opinion is he's unhappy behind the scenes and wants a change.    
(his recent twitter "likes" may further indicate that)

Perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps not.

I'd be willing to package him in a significant move up the board  or with other picks for Dallas pick 24

Is it better if we keep him?  On paper absolutely.   I'm not around Josh Allen and the team so who knows 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I have never seen MORE chatter for LESS good reason than that regarding Stefon Diggs.

He has never -- NEVER -- publicly stated his dissatisfaction or desire to leave the team. Never demanded a trade. Never been anything but an A+ teammate, locker room presence, and team leader.

Yes, he's fiery, and he wants the ball. So do all good WRs since the beginning of time. His fire FEEDS this team. Who do you most often see walking up and down the bench, getting in people's faces? That's right. Stefon Diggs.

Yes, he could use some public relations classes on answering questions in a way that invites less speculation. Still, I feel most of the narrative that follows Stefon Diggs is completely unwarranted.

Where's the endless, breathless speculation over George Pickens? AJ Brown? Garrett Wilson? All three of those guys have expressed more public dissatisfaction with their team, yet they don't get one tenth the coverage and speculation that Diggs gets. It's maddening.

I wish everyone would find something else to do and quit creating drama where there is none.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

18 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

check out his recent "likes"

image.thumb.png.48ba054fcb7ba7f244174c8078cbce88.png

either using as motivation or agreeing with them.

Note one of them he dug up from Spring of 2020....

That's called motivation

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

check out his recent "likes"

image.thumb.png.48ba054fcb7ba7f244174c8078cbce88.png

either using as motivation or agreeing with them.

Note one of them he dug up from Spring of 2020....

Motivation. He's been clapping back at anyone who says he's toast. He's pissed off about it. If you pay attention to his IG, he's been training REALLY hard. He's extremely motivated to prove the doubters wrong.

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I still believe there's a real chance he's traded at the draft.

My opinion is he's unhappy behind the scenes and wants a change.    

Perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps not.

I'd be willing to package him in a significant move up the board  or with other picks for Dallas pick 24

Is it better if we keep him?  On paper absolutely.   I'm not around Josh Allen and the team so who knows 

You still *want* to believe he'll be traded at the Draft because you're obsessed with the new shiny toys and just 1 isn't good enough for you. You post multiple times, almost exclusively, every single day about acquiring 2-3 of the top WR's and moving Diggs to do it.

Everything that you've brought up to prove he needs to go or is going to go has been disproved. Diggs has said he doesn't want to leave. Beane has said he's going to be here. As for the "cryptic tweets" - Dan Graziano from ESPN checked in with people close to him about them and found out it's not about him wanting to leave and that he doesn't want to: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10113564-nfl-trade-rumors-stefon-diggs-expected-to-remain-with-bills-despite-cryptic-tweet

There's no way that Beane didn't trade him before March 17th, but is going to do it now when it will cost 31m in Dead Cap now. If he's to be moved at this point, it won't happen until after 6/1.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I have no idea if he is happy or unhappy being a Bill, but if we were to trade him before the start of the season, I don't think we are getting much in return (probably a similar return as to what was received for Keenan Allen).

55 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Never?

You're right. He yelled at Josh Allen on the sideline one time. Another time, he left the locker room early after a loss in a big game.

Cancer. Diva. Trade him for a bag of footballs.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Logic said:

You're right. He yelled at Josh Allen on the sideline one time. Another time, he left the locker room early after a loss in a big game.

Cancer. Diva. Trade him for a bag of footballs.

You’re standing by “never,” then?

• Eyeroll 1