2024 Bills Schedule Very Early Updates

corta765

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

NFL just announced the Eagles will be playing in Brazil next season. Announcement doesn’t say who they’re playing but it definitely won’t be Buffalo.

Yep, this is Schefter's tweet for the Eagles home opponents:

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/1/2024 at 9:34 AM, bigK14094 said:

Brazil has unique problems with staging a game.  Medical facilities and supplies for one.  My company built a plant down there, and we  had special provisions made for medical treatments.  Standards are not the same.  But, if luck was good, no hospital needed for a game.  But, great food and drink and a great country imho.  I loved the people down there.

This is actually one of the reasons why I thought they might try Chile over Brazil.  The medical care is better, it's wealthier, and the country is frankly safer than many parts of the USA.  Brazil is a much bigger crapshoot on all three counts.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Bills at Lions on Thanksgiving?  Makes sense.

NFL usually avoids repeats and given NFC v AFC I can see it being prioritized for a primetime 4pm spot

• Like (+1) 1

Bills have a lot of good matchups next year. 4x Jets (with Rodgers) and Dolphins, Texans, 49ers, Chiefs, Ravens, Rams, Jags and Lions. 

I think: Dolphins, Jets, Lions, Ravens and Texans are prime time games. Chiefs will be a 4pm game for sure

The league changed when the schedule comes out. It used to be announced in April. If I remember correctly, they now do it after the draft and announce it sometime in May. I know the Bills will get their share of primetime games but a 1:00 start is still my favorite time for a Bills game.

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, corta765 said:

NFL usually avoids repeats and given NFC v AFC I can see it being prioritized for a primetime 4pm spot

Lions always play at 12:30 on Thanksgiving. Cowboys at 4:00. 

Always.

15 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

NFL just announced the Eagles will be playing in Brazil next season. Announcement doesn’t say who they’re playing but it definitely won’t be Buffalo.

Week 1.

On 1/31/2024 at 4:46 PM, Dick_Cheney said:

We've figured out the Dolphins, ... Very much hoping we don't have to deal with another extreme heat situation in Miami again.

League needs to address this before one of the larger guys has heatstroke.  Perhaps have the Dolphins on the road for the opener and night home games in September.  Average daily high in Miami is 89 in September, drops to 86 in October.  Skew the home schedule towards Late October on.

I think Jacksonville has the same issue in September, but temps drops off more quickly in October.  Most of the other hot weather cities are Domes - Atlanta, NO, Houston, Dallas, Arizona, LA.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BearNorth said:

League needs to address this before one of the larger guys has heatstroke.  Perhaps have the Dolphins on the road for the opener and night home games in September.  Average daily high in Miami is 89 in September, drops to 86 in October.  Skew the home schedule towards Late October on.

I think Jacksonville has the same issue in September, but temps drops off more quickly in October.  Most of the other hot weather cities are Domes - Atlanta, NO, Houston, Dallas, Arizona, LA.

Jacksonville didn't specifically engineer updates to their stadium to create a 20-30 degree difference on the opposing sideline.

I still say what Miami did does not fall under the auspices of "gamesmanship" and creates an unfair (and potentially dangerous) advantage.  I'm amazed the league isn't doing something about it -- it would be so easy to schedule only 4pm or later games during September and October.

4 minutes ago, eball said:

Jacksonville didn't specifically engineer updates to their stadium to create a 20-30 degree difference on the opposing sideline.

I still say what Miami did does not fall under the auspices of "gamesmanship" and creates an unfair (and potentially dangerous) advantage.  I'm amazed the league isn't doing something about it -- it would be so easy to schedule only 4pm or later games during September and October.

It is a slippery slope when you start getting to perfectly equal in terms of stadium, design, conditions etc... There are many people who think Buffalo playing outdoors in the weather we do is unfair and all northern teams should be in a dome. Seattle and KC were engineered in a way to amplify the noise in their standings to make it impossible to hear for the opponent. The league could halt or pause a game if the heat is legitimately unsafe, they have not needed to at this point.

23 minutes ago, corta765 said:

It is a slippery slope when you start getting to perfectly equal in terms of stadium, design, conditions etc... There are many people who think Buffalo playing outdoors in the weather we do is unfair and all northern teams should be in a dome. Seattle and KC were engineered in a way to amplify the noise in their standings to make it impossible to hear for the opponent. The league could halt or pause a game if the heat is legitimately unsafe, they have not needed to at this point.

Just make the conditions equal for both teams, which currently it is not! That’s criminal and should be addressed in the same light as concussions. If player safety comes first then they should act on it.

21 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Bills at Lions on Thanksgiving?  Makes sense.

Not really … considering they were just in Detroit on Thanksgiving 2 years ago …doubt they get that game again 2 years later ..

Maybe they could host the Thanksgiving night game though? Haven’t done that in a while …. Maybe against 49ers? 

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Not really … considering they were just in Detroit on Thanksgiving 2 years ago …doubt they get that game again 2 years later ..

Maybe they could host the Thanksgiving night game though? Haven’t done that in a while …. Maybe against 49ers? 

In recent history they played at Dallas, at Detroit and at New Orleans in the night game. I can't see them getting a 4th Thanksgiving Day game anytime soon.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Gregg said:

In recent history they played at Dallas, at Detroit and at New Orleans in the night game. I can't see them getting a 4th Thanksgiving Day game anytime soon.

I can … the NFL loves them on Prime Time 

Edited by Aussie Joe

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.