So will you be watching the Super Bowl this year or no?

So will you be watching the Super Bowl this year or no?  

258 members have voted

1. 1. So will you be watching the Super Bowl this year or no?

• Yes
    • No

NO!!!

Honeslty I can not stand the over zealous pageantry the game brings. The next superbowl I watch will have the Bills playing. I haven't watched a SB in over a decade. 

I'm going to go in person. I've noticed that a ticket is just upwards of $7,000 on stubhub - which is cheap at twice the price for someone who is indifferent to both teams at best. I'll check hotels and flights now. 

Edited by Bill Grundy
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

For me, when the Bills aren’t in it or not a fan of the teams, just make it about friends and good times more than football :)

That’s exactly what it’s about. Hanging with friends, eating good food, and having some drinks. So yeah, I’ll be watching. 

• Like (+1) 1

I usually say I'm not gonna watch because I can't stand either team, but I end up watching anyway,  however, I'm completely sick of the Chiefs, I hate the 49ers, and the whole Taylor Swift thing is nauseating and will ultimately lead to me not watching. 

12 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Well this is the one Super Bowl outcome I was dreading going into the games this weekend and the one outcome that will have me seriously considering not watching the Super Bowl this year 

There’s a little thing called gambling… on everything from Anthem longevity to Coin Toss to Gatorade.

Anything else?

• Dislike 1

Out of all the pairings when the playoffs started, this is the one I absolutely hated the most. You couldn’t pay me to watch the Swiftie SB. It’s either smarmy KC or the favorite team of my ex-sister-in-law who has made my family’s life a living hell the last 10 years. It’s lose-lose.

Considering driving my dog to the ocean here in CT to let him run in the sand on the beach in winter. If the weather is nice that day. And maybe I’ll get to be fitted with this thing so I can forget several things ever happened:

Jim Carrey GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

Edited by UConn James
  • Haha (+1) 1

yes...of course.  it's the super bowl.  i'm not excited about it in the least with these two teams, but i always appreciate the production value, fanfare, etc.   it's one more thing to look forward to in another gray winter.  we'll end up making drinks and appetizers.  the kids get riled up.  it's not about the teams for me this year.

3 hours ago, Bill Grundy said:

I'm going to go in person. I've noticed that a ticket is just upwards of $7,000 on stubhub - which is cheap at twice the price for someone who is indifferent to both teams at best. I'll check hotels and flights now. 

It's actually just a tick under 10 grand when you add in the fees.  

When I thought the Bills were going to make it, I bought a round trip flight from Oakland to Las Vegas the day of the game.  I had planned to fly into Oakland on the 9th & return to Albany on the 13th.  I was going to have my sister drop me off for an 8:00-9:30 AM flight to Vegas & pick me up from a 10-11:30 PM flight after the game.  It was the right idea since the flight options went up by about $200 and then sold out by last week, since the 49ers fans were thinking of doing the same thing.  I ended cancelling the flight & up getting a credit that I can use towards a future flight.  At least all I had done was bought the gameday flight.  Last year I had to cancel flights, rental car, motel reservation, & parking. 

I was checking out ticket prices & the lowest after fees were in the $9-10k area.  Now I won't be having a 10 grand credit card bill and will have saved around $11k.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I absolutely will NOT be watching one minute of this game! However... if by chance one of those 49ers finally makes a fantastic pancake play on that little girly-girl running around with the #15 on his Chief's jersey I'd highly appreciate it if one of you watchers could provide a gif of that in here for my future viewing pleasure. I'd watch that gif over & over and be bummed out that I missed it in real time!

1 hour ago, Bimmer323i said:

Not sure yet if I can stomach the sight of Kelce Read and Mahomes for another 3 hours… Can’t stand the sight of either and all of them make me wanna puke….

Here's the only good news about KC back in the Super Bowl:

If you hate Tom Brady, Mahomes is one step closer to dethroning him as the GOAT.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.