Joe Brady Officially Promoted as Bills OC!

KDIGGZ

3 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

He won the NC at LSU with Joe Burrow and the greatest WR class in modern college football history. Ed Orgeron was the HC, that how good that LSU team was. Then he never finished in the top 20 with Carolina as was fired before his 2nd year ended. I don't know if people really understand Brady's full story. Not exactly a ton of evidence to suggest he is some hot and knowledgeable OC. More like a controllable retread. 

The Uber talented 2020-2021 Carolina Panthers.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Well, he was running Dorsey's system. Give him a full offseason to implement his system, and things could be different.

Exactly…things could be different!  Why gamble another season away on an unproven OC?  Seems rather reckless to me 🤷‍♂️ 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I am ok with this but let  Brady install his Offense. I also hope that Brady is banging the drum for some Playmaking Wr. I think a lot of what we saw in running the ball was the realization that everyone could see.. our Wr room is not good enough.

I think he does have a better feel for the game  than Dorsey did by seeing our shortcoming. He was also willing to adapt plays from other teams that had success.

Lets just hope Mcd is hands off with him. Mcd needs to worry about his side of the ball if they are going to investing in his D. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

When I saw Damar Hamlin tip toeing to try to get that first down, I wished I had a more aggressive HC who wasn’t just playing it safe.

I think in McDermott's own way that was playing it safe. Giving Hamlin of all people the ball in that moment, I bet McDermott thought that it felt like destiny.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

I think in McDermott's own way that was playing it safe. Giving Hamlin of all people the ball in that moment, I bet McDermott thought that it felt like destiny.

I think if you think a defensive head coach calling a fake punt on his own 30 in the 4th Q was “playing it safe,” it’s a personal problem.

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

Why? He sucks in the playoffs…Marvin Lewis was eventually fired for the same thing. 

McD is 5-6 in the playoffs, and many of those could have gone the other way, for better or worse. Marvin Lewis was 0-7 in the playoffs, so I would not say that is the same thing. A guy who wins about half is better than a guy who never won. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

No coach can win without the right players.  I thought Brady did a great job with the tools he had last season.   

How does an OC succeed with a rifled-armed QB when he has only 1 WR (Shakir) who catches the ball most of the time, a group of WRs who don't get open, and no true deep threat?  He can't.  Davis was running the wrong routes and dropping balls when they were thrown to him.  Diggs dropped important passes at critical times and wasn't getting open in the 2nd half and Harty and Sherfield were wastes of roster spots.  

So Brady ran with Cook and Josh, and threw the ball to Kincaid and Shakir.  It was enough to create a consistent ball control offense that earned the Bills a playoff spot and one a WC game win and nearly a Divisional game win.  Now lets hope the Beane is smart enough to get the additional receivers Brady needs early in the draft.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm satisfied with it.  I thought Brady did a good job under the circumstances and will be interested to see what he can add to the offense when he has an offseason to fully implement his own playbook and,  hopefully,  with some serious front office investment at WR.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.