3 US Troops Killed, 25 injured in Jordan

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Nope, wrong 

Oh? Sure 

Well that’s me next to the aircraft. Highest scores needed for avionics. You lack substance to your argument, like most posters on here point out. You are pathetic; part of me feels sorry for trolls like you. You would never say this stuff to someones face; that’s a fact. Later douche. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Doc said:

He was talking about getting out of the ME and letting them blow each other up.  Not isolating themselves from the entire world.

I agree there's a lot of real estate to stake out strategy and policy between the choice of getting involved everywhere and isolationism.  But that's the binary choice people making the argument for constant intervention and conflict attempt to present.  

They might want to consider by their standards perhaps the entire world minus 5 or 6 countries pursue a policy they might call isolationism.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Well that’s me next to the aircraft. Highest scores needed for avionics. You lack substance to your argument, like most posters on here point out. You are pathetic; part of me feels sorry for trolls like you. You would never say this stuff to someones face; that’s a fact. Later douche. 

Lol, ok. 

Another poster? Switch names? lol 

• Vomit 2

55 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Maybe they are smart?  But assigning that attribute to your enemies should not be confused as an endorsement of them or of support for them.  Its merely good business to understand your adversary and perform a realistic assessment of their capabilities.  Anything short of dealing with the reality of your foes capabilities generally leads to getting your ass handed to you in any competition or conflict.  Look no further for an example than how our current bumbling administration is handling everything.  The Iranians know that no matter how much the war hawks hoot and holler Joe's crew won't do too much damage to them because anything impacting world oil prices will doom him to defeat in November.    

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Maybe they are smart?  But assigning that attribute to your enemies should not be confused as an endorsement of them or of support for them.  Its merely good business to understand your adversary and perform a realistic assessment of their capabilities.  Anything short of dealing with the reality of your foes capabilities generally leads to getting your ass handed to you in any competition or conflict.  Look no further for an example than how our current bumbling administration is handling everything.  The Iranians know that no matter how much the war hawks hoot and holler Joe's crew won't do too much damage to them because anything impacting world oil prices will doom him to defeat in November.    

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7mdhf7c7er0ac8377n7

I have no idea how this is a successful strategy.

The strike occurs, the Americans are killed.

The Administration should have responded immediately.

It is impossible for me to think that target folders were not ready, and we have the assets in the area.

Then we announce we are going to respond.

Two days later we announce we have decided to respond.

Meanwhile, the option to hide has been available for five days.

The only logical explanation, and it is a major tactical error, is that we are aligning others to participate.

I am reserving judgement, but this "response" in not easily explained.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LDD said:

So, B-1 bombers?  Weigh in on that Sherpa.  Combined with other assets?  What are your thoughts?

Nukes dropped from B-1 bombers - maybe.  Much prefer cruise missiles.  I think some indiscriminate strafing might help too.    

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, LDD said:

So, B-1 bombers from the continent?  Weigh in on that Sherpa.  Why not assets from carriers in the area or bases closer?

It looks like a good number of targets at seven locations were targeted, so the operation probably included a number of our folks.

Have to see the entire strike plan, but it seems like a "message" strike as much as a tactical operation.

Not a fan.

I hate it when it is obvious that a press release was prepared before an operation.

Mentioning what targets were hit, how many precision guided weapons were used etc., are tell tale signs of political rather than tactical people behind it.

This should have been done immediately, not after four days of press releases claiming we will respond, we have decided to etc.

Too much time for the roaches to hide, limiting effectiveness.

7 minutes ago, Irv said:

Nukes dropped from B-1 bombers - maybe.  Much prefer cruise missiles.  I think some indiscriminate strafing might help too.    

Cruise missiles are very expensive and not the weapon of choice in a low anti air threat.

You can get much more damage done using conventionally delivered ordnance, and it's much cheaper.

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You hit us, you will pay. Big time 

No one wants an all out war, but Iran crossed a line and were hit because of it 

Cool, calculated response from American leadership 

Strongly disagree.

No surprise there.

By the way, for you and the other guy who has joined you in posts about Biden's actions re the three casualties and their remains.

Remember the Navy Seal named Chambers, who was killed boarding a weapon delivering boat last month?

The guy was from Maryland,

I had dinner with my best buddy from AOCS last night. He was a F-14 RIO and he lives in Annapolis.

They have a completely different view of how the Biden Admin handled his death.

I don't get excited about this stuff, but it wasn't good.

For what it's worth.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Strongly disagree.

No surprise there.

By the way, for you and the other guy who has joined you in posts about Biden's actions re the three casualties and their remains.

Remember the Navy Seal named Chambers, who was killed boarding a weapon delivering boat last month?

I had dinner with my best buddy from AOCS last night. He was a F-14 RIO and he lives in Annapolis.

For what it's worth.

So you are overly critical of the Biden administration, so what? 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

And you rhetorically polish Biden’s helmet 24/7. So what?

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

He cups em too…

Knobs Biden willfully.  Did Demented Joke look at his watch again? 

Edited by Irv
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Irv said:

Knobs Biden willfully.  Did Demented Joke look at his watch again? 

Truly dedicated to his tradecraft. No need to; Uncle Creepy merely has to glance over to “Dr.” Jill or “the smartest guy I know” for ques.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Tiberius said:

So you are overly critical of the Biden administration, so what? 

I am critical of what appears to be a useless, expensive strike.

Five and half days to move valuable people and items away.

The usual response after an attack on US troops is the usual, "We will respond. We won't say how."

No problem there.

Then to state that we have "Decided to respond," and even more silly, two days later, "We have now decided how we are going to respond."

When the action actually occurs, press releases detailing what was used, with clear attempts to show how we used x number of pgm's, which was clearly mentioned to demonstrate extreme care.

The seemingly unnecessary use of long range strategic bombers? Why?

The entire thing could have been done Tuesday, unless there was some element we have not been told.

Obviously prepared press releases. The thing looked like they were waiting to build a PR stage prior to actually doing what needed to be done.

We still have no reasonable explanation of how that drone got through.

We have a Sec of Defense who goes down for a few days, tells nobody of import, turns over the lead to a vacationing assistant in Puerto Rico who has no idea what is going on and clearly lacks the material support to handle the job from there.

Is this a confidence builder?

It isn't to me.

One last thing, related to you.

You posted a link to a PAO release describing A-10 involvement.

You prefaced it by stating it was "interesting if true."

Why is that interesting?

What was the point?

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Nice run down of the B-1b here 

"WAR, YAR!"  What is wrong with you??  I'm sure you watch Joy Reid.  Did you see even her reaction to "another ***** war" off camera remark? This isn't a good thing, dude.

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I am critical of what appears to be a useless, expensive strike.

Five and half days to move valuable people and items away.

The usual response after an attack on US troops is the usual, "We will respond. We won't say how."

No problem there.

Then to state that we have "Decided to respond," and even more silly, two days later, "We have now decided how we are going to respond."

When the action actually occurs, press releases detailing what was used, with clear attempts to show how we used x number of pgm's, which was clearly mentioned to demonstrate extreme care.

The seemingly unnecessary use of long range strategic bombers? Why?

The entire thing could have been done Tuesday, unless there was some element we have not been told.

Obviously prepared press releases. The thing looked like they were waiting to build a PR stage prior to actually doing what needed to be done.

We still have no reasonable explanation of how that drone got through.

We have a Sec of Defense who goes down for a few days, tells nobody of import, turns over the lead to a vacationing assistant in Puerto Rico who has no idea what is going on and clearly lacks the material support to handle the job from there.

Is this a confidence builder?

It isn't to me.

One last thing, related to you.

You posted a link to a PAO release describing A-10 involvement.

You prefaced it by stating it was "interesting if true."

Why is that interesting?

What was the point?

Keep in mind that these are media quotes

It’s not coming from the people that are actually doing the work

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Hey.  It’s for you.  Sand is on the phone.  Wants you to remove your head.  What a mess.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The information is coming from DOD.

It is extremely scripted.

It is absolutely not coming from the people who are "actually doing the work."

• Agree 3

image.png.5e8fc6b334e3e7df34718828e1abbb7d.png

RETALIATION, BIDEN STYLE

FTA:

We can infer that the Biden administration believes in telegraphing its punches. Marc Thiessen poses a rhetorical question: “How stupid do you have to be to announce you will strike two days in advance and where[?]” It’s smart if you want to minimize the damage done (or to be done).

The administration also believes in repetition. The statement attributed to Biden includes this variation of what has become an administration mantra: “The United States does not seek conflict in the Middle East or anywhere else in the world.” It reminds me of LBJ’s classic one-liner on Vietnam at the time of the Gulf of Tonkin incident: “We still seek no wider war.” Although the intent and the circumstances vary greatly, both statements carry the air of fiasco.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2024/02/retaliation-biden-style.php

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, B-Man said:

image.png.5e8fc6b334e3e7df34718828e1abbb7d.png

RETALIATION, BIDEN STYLE

FTA:

We can infer that the Biden administration believes in telegraphing its punches. Marc Thiessen poses a rhetorical question: “How stupid do you have to be to announce you will strike two days in advance and where[?]” It’s smart if you want to minimize the damage done (or to be done).

The administration also believes in repetition. The statement attributed to Biden includes this variation of what has become an administration mantra: “The United States does not seek conflict in the Middle East or anywhere else in the world.” It reminds me of LBJ’s classic one-liner on Vietnam at the time of the Gulf of Tonkin incident: “We still seek no wider war.” Although the intent and the circumstances vary greatly, both statements carry the air of fiasco.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2024/02/retaliation-biden-style.php

Except that’s not what happened

22 minutes ago, sherpa said:

The information is coming from DOD.

It is extremely scripted.

It is absolutely not coming from the people who are "actually doing the work."

I know that’s what I just said

• Eyeroll 2

Last night 11:30, neither FOX nor CNN were reporting on the strike, which surprised me. Switched to MSNBC, they were covering it. They had on a Military analyst who gave fair, non biased, aspects.

Drove the host nuts he wasn’t insisting Trump and Putin were the problem regarding the strike. She was absolutely unable to maintain her TDS, she kept interrupting him to assert this pertains to Putin and Trump more than anything. 

She was rude to him, felt sort of bad for the guy.

Another example of how the Left will eat their own if they don’t conform to the script.

Edited by US Egg
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, US Egg said:

Last night 11:30, neither FOX nor CNN were reporting on the strike, which surprised me. Switched to MSNBC, they were covering it. They had on a Military analyst who gave fair, non biased, aspects.

Drove the host nuts he wasn’t insisting Trump and Putin were the problem regarding the strike. She was absolutely unable to maintain her TDS, she kept interrupting him to assert this pertains to Putin and Trump more than anything. 

She was rude to him, felt sort of bad for the guy.

Another example of how the Left will eat their own if they don’t conform to the script.

Why exactly would Trump have anything to do with this?

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, sherpa said:

Strongly disagree.

No surprise there.

For what it's worth.

I'm curious what your friend didn't like?

I've not talked to my Tampa buddies about this incident yet, but what was your friend expecting the administration to do differently regarding those guys getting lost at sea?