3 US Troops Killed, 25 injured in Jordan

50 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Except that’s not what happened

I know that’s what I just said

No.

What you said was they were "media quotes."

They were DOD prepared statements provided to the media.

The "media" has no capability to determine the number of targets how at how many sites, nor what weapons were used.

It looks like these were prepared quotes, and it looks like this has little to do with military reality and a lot to do with political strategy, and I'm not a fan.

If you want to take out a threat, in this scenario, you don't go global with three announcements over five days.

It seems amateur and not sincere.

21 minutes ago, yall said:

I'm curious what your friend didn't like?

I've not talked to my Tampa buddies about this incident yet, but what was your friend expecting the administration to do differently regarding those guys getting lost at sea?

It's not that anybody didn't like anything.

These sympathetic, political shows are viewed as just what they are.

The reason I commented on it is because two separate people, in this forum, announced the Administrations highly publicized, with photos, response to the three killed in a drone attack, not yet explained

One seemed to be so moved that he claimed he would vote for the guy, not that there was any doubt.

What I brought up is that no such response came to the Maryland SEAL's family, but nobody knows that.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, sherpa said:

No.

The "media" has no capability to determine the number of targets how at how many sites, nor what weapons were used.

It looks like these were prepared quotes, and it looks like this has little to do with military reality and a lot to do with political strategy, and I'm not a fan.

If you want to take out a threat, in this scenario, you don't go global with three announcements over five days.

DOD quotes prepared for the media come on Sherpa keep up

48 minutes ago, sherpa said:

No.

Except they’re not trying to take out a threat they’re sending a warning to the threat

There is an overall picture here that you’re not taking into account

1 hour ago, US Egg said:

Last night 11:30, neither FOX nor CNN were reporting on the strike, which surprised me. Switched to MSNBC, they were covering it. They had on a Military analyst who gave fair, non biased, aspects.

Drove the host nuts he wasn’t insisting Trump and Putin were the problem regarding the strike. She was absolutely unable to maintain her TDS, she kept interrupting him to assert this pertains to Putin and Trump more than anything. 

She was rude to him, felt sort of bad for the guy.

Another example of how the Left will eat their own if they don’t conform to the script.

That was your first mistake…

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Why exactly would Trump have anything to do with this?

That was the point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Except they’re not trying to take out a threat they’re sending a warning to the threat

I am extremely capable of "keeping up."

They have been unsuccessful of sending a warning to the threat, and if you are not aware of that, you are the one not keeping up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Even though Sherpa provides sober, well-reasoned military analysis backed by experience, going forward I am looking to you for my military analysis needs. You are more concise and I never have to think after reading your “thoughts”. You’ve got a fan! 

dear lord…

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

By the way, my view of "keeping up" is that the "warning" we have sent is that we will telegraph our response for political reasons, using the military to do so, but we will allow you five days to remove your people and equipment, and we will not strike your sovereign assets or territory.

Warning, obviously, received, I'm guessing.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

That was your first mistake…

Yes, I feel shame. 😔

The msm “all world problems are on Trump” narrative started before he was elected, will easily last another decade.

They’re disappointed he didn’t “push the button”.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

That was the point

🎯

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, sherpa said:

By the way, my view of "keeping up" is that the "warning" we have sent is that we will telegraph our response for political reasons, using the military to do so, but we will allow you five days to remove your people and equipment, and we will not strike your sovereign assets or territory.

Warning, obviously, received, I'm guessing.

This could’ve gone one of two ways

Intelligence was saying that as soon as they drone strike, they move their assets, and they were waiting for them to settle in before the strike which, by the way is common protocol for rebels in that area

Or

Biden is trying to limit casualties because he’s trying to send a measured response and not have things skyrocket out of control. Therefore he did allow them to move and then hit them in a way where it would be less human casualties.

2 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

Even though Sherpa provides sober, well-reasoned military analysis backed by experience, going forward I am looking to you for my military analysis needs. You are more concise and I never have to think after reading your “thoughts”. You’ve got a fan! 

dear lord…

JD that is because you’re an idiot and have no idea who I am or what I’ve done

Ignorance is bliss please continue to be ignorant

17 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

This could’ve gone one of two ways

Intelligence was saying that as soon as they drone strike, they move their assets, and they were waiting for them to settle in before the strike which, by the way is common protocol for rebels in that area

Or

Biden is trying to limit casualties because he’s trying to send a measured response and not have things skyrocket out of control. Therefore he did allow them to move and then hit them in a way where it would be less human casualties.

There isn't anything new here.

Of course they move, and of course they are observed. 

It is not possible, in this area, unless their are incredibly wicked weather issues, which there weren't, to hide any large scale movement.

Point being, if the Biden Administration would have desired to effectively strike immediately, they could have.

They didn't, and they went into this announcement nonsense.

What they did is directly avoid a serious confrontation with the Iranian regime, permitting them to get their guys out before the fireworks.

And the reason is grossly obvious.

I doubt Biden is doing anything other than taking advice and pretending to make decisions.

His history is gross evidence of being always wrong.

This scenario is completely due to having election calculus invade effective military action.

We bought him We got him.

Please, don't insult anyone here by claiming some superior knowledge of this based on what you have done.

Plenty of people here have done things, and know others who are quite aware.

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

It is not possible, in this area, unless their are incredibly wicked weather issues, which there weren't, to hide any large scale movement.

Point being, if the Biden Administration would have desired to effectively strike immediately, they could have.

What they did is directly avoid a serious confrontation with the Iranian regime, permitting them to get their guys out before the fireworks.

I doubt Biden is doing anything other than taking advice and pretending to make decisions.

This scenario is completely due to having election calculus invade effective military action.

Please, don't insult anyone here by claiming some superior knowledge of this based on what you have done.

Not insulting anybody here, Sherpa, pretty sure someone was insulting me

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

#notmypresident

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Unless you grew up in Russia this morning, he is in fact your president

He might be the president that you want

It was a common phrase when Trump was President...

42 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Really?

Who posted this:

"Ignorance is bliss please continue to be ignorant"

Do you bother to read all of the posts that was a response to being insulted

39 minutes ago, Doc said:

Well that's how the majority of Dems felt.  I'm sure you did as well.

No, actually I did not

Whenever Donald Trump was elected, he was my president. He wasn’t the president that I wanted but he was my president.

On 1/30/2024 at 11:13 AM, US Egg said:

See folks Joe’s got this, err…never mind.

Hmmm... was there something that happened in the Middle East between September and January that might have changed their calculus?

Maybe it was in October?  Maybe something in... oh idk, Israel?  Whatever could it be... 🤔

25 minutes ago, Capco said:

Hmmm... was there something that happened in the Middle East between September and January that might have changed their calculus?

Maybe it was in October?  Maybe something in... oh idk, Israel?  Whatever could it be... 🤔

The truth is, there are smaller skirmishes that happened all during that time that just didn’t make the news as much

What happened in October? That was major and unfortunate.

23 hours ago, B-Man said:

image.png.5e8fc6b334e3e7df34718828e1abbb7d.png

RETALIATION, BIDEN STYLE

FTA:

We can infer that the Biden administration believes in telegraphing its punches. Marc Thiessen poses a rhetorical question: “How stupid do you have to be to announce you will strike two days in advance and where[?]” It’s smart if you want to minimize the damage done (or to be done).

The administration also believes in repetition. The statement attributed to Biden includes this variation of what has become an administration mantra: “The United States does not seek conflict in the Middle East or anywhere else in the world.” It reminds me of LBJ’s classic one-liner on Vietnam at the time of the Gulf of Tonkin incident: “We still seek no wider war.” Although the intent and the circumstances vary greatly, both statements carry the air of fiasco.

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2024/02/retaliation-biden-style.php

Biden definitely and foolishly tipped off the enemy.

This is why you don’t.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Angry 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

ROGER KIMBALL: Biden’s action in Iraq and Syria is merely delayed reaction.

What do you think of the apothegm “Better late than never?” I think it is often dubious. 

For confirmation, I adduce the airstrike the Biden administration just conducted against eighty-five targets in Iraq and Syria. The attacks, against infrastructure associated with Iran’s Revolutionary Guard, are billed as the opening salvo in response to last week’s drone attack by Iranian assets in Jordan that left three Americans dead and more than forty injured. Taking a page from an earlier, square-jawed time, officials from the administration tersely commented that America’s “multi-tiered” response would continue at a “time and in a manner of our choosing.”

Spoken like a real administration. I wonder from what storeroom they got the script? Memo to the memo writers: if you are going to conduct a a military campaign, it’s generally advantageous to avoid telling your adversary when you are planning to strike. The Biden administration forgot that detail — or perhaps they were worried about causing too much damage to Iranian assets. For several days leading up to yesterday’s strike, the administration reported that a strike was in the works and that it would take place in just a couple of days. As it did.

Wasn’t it kind of Joe to tell the Iranians when he was planning to strike?

In fact, he has been the soul of courtesy, for he has also said that America would not be striking Iran itself.

https://thespectator.com/topic/joe-biden-action-iraq-syria-delayed/

• Like (+1) 2

On 2/3/2024 at 12:17 PM, yall said:

I'm curious what your friend didn't like?

I've not talked to my Tampa buddies about this incident yet, but what was your friend expecting the administration to do differently regarding those guys getting lost at sea?

Demented Biden and Third Term Obammy botch another!  And the hits keep coming.  What a mess.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The real reason Joe Biden won't punish Iran

President Biden has been widely criticized for not retaliating against Iran with its proxies targeting US troops. This is the elephant in the room

By Liz Peek 

Is President Joe Biden scared of starting a broader war if he attacks Iran? Or is he worried about gasoline prices going up, torching his reelection bid?

The pusillanimous response of Biden to attacks on U.S. troops has enraged critics. Many want the president, who pledged to hold accountable "all those responsible" for the deaths of three U.S. soldiers, to strike Iran. To go after the head of the snake and squash Tehran’s ability to fund and train the terrorists who continue to attack U. S. personnel.  

He won’t do it. Why? Because he’s scared to death that hitting Iran’s oil fields or export facilities would drive global oil prices higher, and boost the cost of gasoline in the U.S. Gas at the pump might go back to $5 per gallon, a record reached in 2022; Biden, already a massively unpopular president, cannot tolerate that. Nothing drags down his approval ratings faster than skyrocketing prices at the pump; in an election year, he will do everything possible to make sure that doesn’t happen.

This, folks, is the elephant in the room.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/real-reason-joe-biden-wont-punish-iran

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/05/politics/us-did-not-notify-iraq-strikes/index.html

In a call with reporters on Friday, National Security Council spokesman John Kirby had said the US “did inform the Iraqi government prior to the strikes.” On Monday, however, following the State Department briefing, Kirby confirmed that he misspoke.

In a statement to CNN, Kirby said he “responded with information that I had been provided at the time” after the strikes on Friday.

The adults are back in charge. 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽

• Angry 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/05/politics/us-did-not-notify-iraq-strikes/index.html

In a call with reporters on Friday, National Security Council spokesman John Kirby had said the US “did inform the Iraqi government prior to the strikes.” On Monday, however, following the State Department briefing, Kirby confirmed that he misspoke.

In a statement to CNN, Kirby said he “responded with information that I had been provided at the time” after the strikes on Friday.

The adults are back in charge. 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽

The Iraqis? 

And that's bad why? 

• Eyeroll 2

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

The Iraqis? 

And that's bad why? 

That you didn’t read the article and completely missed the point but still felt the need to reply will be the least surprising thing that happens today. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

That you didn’t read the article and completely missed the point but still felt the need to reply will be the least surprising thing that happens today. 

So nothing...ok 

• Eyeroll 1

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

The Iraqis? 

And that's bad why? 

Riiiing!  The sand is on the phone again.  It would like your head to leave.

What a mess.    

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Irv said:

Riiiing!  The sand is on the phone again.  It would like your head to leave.

What a mess.    

Ya, elect a filthy isolationist and see how good things get. That would be a evil mess 

• Eyeroll 1

32 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ya, elect a filthy isolationist and see how good things get. That would be a evil mess 

You guys have gone 180 from where the DEMS used to be as far as foreign policy.

Just constant war mongering and attacking any sane response with vitriol.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

You guys have gone 180 from where the DEMS used to be as far as foreign policy.

Just constant war mongering and attacking any sane response with vitriol.

Isolationist trash. Traitor to free governmnets. Go live in Russia 

• Eyeroll 1

War mongers are trash.  Traitors to humanity.  Claim to be for human rights in one hand. support killing of people in the other.  

But the Military industrial thanks you.

your bank account still growing due to your war stocks?

18 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Isolationist trash. Traitor to free governmnets. Go live in Russia 

There's a lot of real estate in between a policy of getting involved in every dust-up everywhere vs. completely withdrawing from the international community.  Presently, there's no voices in Washington willing to pass on any opportunity to get involved no matter the cost or the benefits. 

A problem with our endless interventionism is it has yielded little to no value vs. the cost in life and treasure.  While typically leaving the target of our "help" in worse shape than they were before we got involved.  My view is we need to do a better job of picking our spots based on a logical approach of assessing the threat any of these situations poses to America.  One result I see with the current approach taking up every challenge every time, all the time, is that it will leave our fighting forces and arsenal of weaponry "punched out" when a substantial direct threat to America presents itself.

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

There's a lot of real estate in between a policy of getting involved in every dust-up everywhere vs. completely withdrawing from the international community.  Presently, there's no voices in Washington willing to pass on any opportunity to get involved no matter the cost or the benefits. 

A problem with our endless interventionism is it has yielded little to no value vs. the cost in life and treasure.  While typically leaving the target of our "help" in worse shape than they were before we got involved.  My view is we need to do a better job of picking our spots based on a logical approach of assessing the threat any of these situations poses to America.  One result I see with the current approach taking up every challenge every time, all the time, is that it will leave our fighting forces and arsenal of weaponry "punched out" when a substantial direct threat to America presents itself.

No, you are totally wrong. Ukraine is not a dust up. The invasion of Ukraine was the biggest war in Europe since WW2, you know, the war that happened in part because Hitler was appeased