Mr. Pegula please read Tyler Dunne’s newest article

1 hour ago, ToGoGo said:

Dunne and his crew of haters blew it this year. 

Keep hoping for us to lose next year so you can say you were right. 

How is a Divisional Round appearance and loss some kind of accomplishment with an elite QB that played elite? 

This is 3 Divisional exits in a row. This is not a good thing. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

It’s easy to see who read this article and who just crapped  out the same tired “it’s just Dunne hating on McD” responses.

its a well made argument by Dunne.  If you don’t agree with it, come up with an equally well argued counter.  

Pegula is checked out.  Happy to have one of his teams at least having national relevance while the other wallows in mud. Hes got his stadium coming and rabid fans—enough of whom think it’s fine to rack up regular season wins and get bounced in the playoffs (“remember the drought???!!”)  The money prints itself either way.  Laugh at Jerry Jones all you want, but it’s clear he agonizes over the misfortunes of his team when it consistently comes up short in the post season.  

I legitimately do not give a crap if Jerry Jones agonizes on his weekly radio show or Pegula does not. Who cares?

1 hour ago, NeverOutNick said:

https://www.golongtd.com/p/the-buffalo-bills-have-a-decision

Tyler Dunne is spot on. Great article I don’t understand how at the very least we couldn’t have told Sean McDermott hey we’re going to explore other options at head coach in the next few weeks. We are not firing you unless we find someone we think will maximize Josh Allens talents and get us to a Super Bowl more than you can.

It’s an off-season that has Hall of Fame coaches just sitting there for the taking. Why not at least check it out.  What’s the worst that happens if we do that? McD gets pissy and resigns. Well thank God for that. 

Wow, this is quite the screed. Definitely a crusade at this point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, HomeskillitMoorman said:

How is a Divisional Round appearance and loss some kind of accomplishment with an elite QB that played elite? 

He was praying we missed the playoffs. jumped the gun on his hit piece.

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Tyler Dunne sucks. He was waiting to hit publish and praying the Bills lost before the Super Bowl.

No one needed to pray. It’s what McD does. He loses against good teams in the playoffs.

He’s had 1 decisive playoff victory.1 !!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

He was praying we missed the playoffs. jumped the gun on his hit piece.

To be honest, missing the playoffs may have been the best thing for us. I can’t bring myself to actually root for that…but would I take missing the playoffs in exchange for McD being gone? Absolutely. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Then you're missing out on a man telling the truth here.  I get that Dunne has a "rep" but check these out and tell me he's wrong:

Those suffering from Drought Brain — terrified of another dark age — will soon nestle into another blanket of excuses and swiftly demonize any criticism of team, of coach.

None of this happens if the Bills — ownership on down — operate with Allen at forefront of mind. He’s the most important person in the building. He’s the employee with the richest contract in Buffalo sports history. That’s what blew the minds of so many players and coaches I spoke to for The McDermott Problem. Those who’ve been around McDermott every day describe the coach as a simpleton when it comes to this position, as if he never understood that Allen was the No. 1 reason this team is a Super Bowl contender.

As I write this column, McDermott is holding his season-ending press conference. He says the biggest reason for their turnaround was cutting down turnovers. Let’s hope he doesn’t try to neuter Allen’s arm this offseason after taking aim at his legs last offseason

This piece is friggin’ stupid. And I have my issues with McDermott. Dunne is doing the Substack-adjacent version of what Nick Wright does — accentuating all the negatives to rile up a fanbase in order to build his brand. The Bills lost to a better (because healthier) team in KC that also has a better kicker and would have lost to a very healthy Ravens team next week. 

1 minute ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

To be honest, missing the playoffs may have been the best thing for us. I can’t bring myself to actually root for that…but would I take missing the playoffs in exchange for McD being gone? Absolutely. 

It’s almost as if the Bills weren’t decimated by injury on defense on Sunday.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

No one needed to pray. It’s what McD does. He loses against good teams in the playoffs.

He’s had 1 decisive playoff victory.1 !!!!

Tyler Dunne did. He wrote a whole article that the Bills were trash and gonna miss the playoffs and McD is a football and real life terrorist.

Then it all blew up in his face and they rattled off 6/7 wins to take the 2 seed.

Must suck to be such a writer lmao

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

This piece is friggin’ stupid. And I have my issues with McDermott. Dunne is doing the Substack-adjacent version of what Nick Wright does — accentuating all the negatives to rile up a fanbase in order to build his brand. The Bills lost to a better (because healthier) team in KC that also has a better kicker and would have lost to a very healthy Ravens team next week. 

It’s almost as if the Bills weren’t decimated by injury on defense on Sunday.

I knew the injuries would be the rally cry. What about in 20 and 21 when the D was relatively healthy and McD’s unit still gave up 38 and 42? Or when we couldn’t stop the Bengals last year? 

Healthy or not, McD’s side of the ball ALWAYS lets us down in big games. Literally every single time. 

• Agree 3

50 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You mean like how you just made that up.  Frazier has repeatedly made it very clear why he needed a break and when he made the decision.  It had nothing to do with McD pushing him out.

But hey, why listen to facts from the sources themselves when you can just manufacture your own narratives right?

You mean the guy who has been interviewing for another position?

3 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I knew the injuries would be the rally cry. What about in 20 and 21 when the D was relatively healthy and McD’s unit still gave up 38 and 42? Or when we couldn’t stop the Bengals last year? 

Healthy or not, McD’s side of the ball ALWAYS lets us down in big games. Literally every single time. 

They were literally decimated by injuries going into this game, and if you want to ignore that by making false equivalences with past performances without actually analyzing the real situation facing the Bills on Sunday, be my guest. It’s effing stupid analysis by analogy, but fans (and Dunne) are gonna be fans. Not all situations are the same.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

He made some good points. mcD has turned this team around and has been the most successful coach in Bills history for win %.  That said, we need to make some changes to get over the hump. I'd get Josh some support, revamp the D and make a run with the same staff. They get one last chance to get it right.  Super Bowl or bust next year.

• Agree 1

I find it funny how people post he “sucks” etc. 

I have disagreed with Dunne in the past, but just because he writes something that might hurt McD’s feelings doesn’t mean Dunne sucks.

The guy has some insight and some behind the scenes sources.

One of the most interesting things he has written is that Terrry really wanted Mahomes but did not want to meddle with McD who wanted to trade that pick so that he could draft a defensive back rather than a generational QB.

The good news is that we are very lucky to have Josh Allen. Josh’s ability covers up a lot of deficiencies on the team and (in my mind) is the reason why McD is still the Bills head coach. Without Josh, there is no way we would have done nearly as well as we have the past few years.

Another tidbit: I have it on very good authority that Terry loved Josh and was a driving force in our picking him. 

I can only imagine how toxic this board and Bills fans would be if we had traded the rights to pick one of the best QBs in the history of the NFL (and who beats us in the playoffs to rub it in), if we did not have Josh.

Thankfully, McD did not insist on picking another defensive back instead of Josh.

• Like (+1) 2

If your Pegula who doesn’t seem to shy away from spending to the limit with this Roster, have arguably the most exciting talent at Qb, knocking on the door year after year but falling short , don’t you think Terry probably could bring the best coach available in?  But if he truly views Mcd as Family then it will never be easy to get rid of him. I actually think Mcd hears the noise but quietly smirks at how well him and Terry get along.. that their relationship is stronger than we think. 

I know Mcd intentions are good and true in scraping every avenue to bring a Super Bowl. He says it every year.   But what is his  vision going forward to get us over the hump? How will Beane and Him change their approach? 

If he continues to need to invest heavily in Defense before Offense than we are probably screwed. If they want to bargain shop Receivers again we are probably screwed: 

Is he is willing to let Josh be Josh? Go all in on surrounding him with talent however aggressive they need to be and let the Offensive coordinator  do his thing. 

I read an article in the Athletic that the Chiefs got 5 years younger than us. Older roster much easier to predict injuries to them.  We also like to run a D based on Speed so our Lb are quite small. Is this contributing to more injuries as well.. I don’t know. Thought it was an interesting correlation.

Did guys come away from his press conference thinking that Brady is a shoe in for the Coordinator job? I kinda felt the opposite or maybe just not really tipping their hand. Should we be looking outside the organization for a new approach or give Brady a chance to install his Offense? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

*****IN' A BUBBA!!!!  Dunne is on the money here.  We need to invest in Josh and the offense.  ***** the defense, they are sucking the life out of this team.  Way too much money on that side of the ball.  Let Von play out his contract next year and adios. 

First two picks better be WRs, because our WRs suck.  Unless they get Tyler Boyd or equivalent in FA.  New kicker and punter.  Defense is a mess with restructures and UFAs, but I'm fine with letting them go and playing Bernard, Williams, Tre, and Douglas.  Hyde and Poyer likely gone, so maybe a FA pickup at safety to bolster Rapp.

Bottom line, we need to go all in on offense, and let Josh deal.  We can't keep wasting his prime years like this.

9 minutes ago, Peter said:

I find it funny how people post he “sucks” etc. 

I have disagreed with Dunne in the past, but just because he writes something that might hurt McD’s feelings doesn’t mean Dunne sucks.

The guy has some insight and some behind the scenes sources.

One of the most interesting things he has written is that Terrry really wanted Mahomes but did not want to meddle with McD who wanted to trade that pick so that he could draft a defensive back rather than a generational QB.

The good news is that we are very lucky to have Josh Allen. Josh’s ability covers up a lot of deficiencies on the team and (in my mind) is the reason why McD is still the Bills head coach. Without Josh, there is no way we would have done nearly as well as we have the past few years.

Another tidbit: I have it on very good authority that Terry loved Josh and was a driving force in our picking him. 

I can only imagine how toxic this board and Bills fans would be if we had traded the rights to pick one of the best QBs in the history of the NFL (and who beats us in the playoffs to rub it in), if we did not have Josh.

Thankfully, McD did not insist on picking another defensive back instead of Josh.

It's the hot take-ness of it all. It's clear that he's not trying to be fair-minded but to build a brand as a "truth teller to power" so he can make a good living and get to the Nick Wright level of cruelty/bellicosity that is the only thing which the legacy-media-is-dead era rewards financially. To quite SpongeBob, good luck with that. He's operating in a brutal media structure, but he's weak enough to succumb to the worst impulses it fosters because he seems to assume that he can build a career by offering the negative dopamine that depressed fan bases (Bills fans included!) wondering if their team will ever win the big one need to get through the day. The BN and the Athletic actually feature measured, balanced writers willing to weigh the good and the bad, but that isn't the way one goes about the sports analysis business in the Wild West that is the post-legacy media landscape.  He's a symptom of a structural change and is probably blind to it.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Peter said:

You mean the guy who has been interviewing for another position?

What part of Frazier literally saying he is taking a year off because he needs a break is confusing to you about him now a year later taking interviews for a promotion as a HC?

56 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Not an accomplishment but you don’t fire a head coach for losing in round 2 of the playoffs every year to other elite QBs.

Who exactly are we hiring to replace McDermott that we are confident would beat Mahomes and Burrow? At least we’ve seen a McDermott defense beat Lamar Jackson.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.