Mr. Pegula please read Tyler Dunne’s newest article

https://www.golongtd.com/p/the-buffalo-bills-have-a-decision

Tyler Dunne is spot on. Great article I don’t understand how at the very least we couldn’t have told Sean McDermott hey we’re going to explore other options at head coach in the next few weeks. We are not firing you unless we find someone we think will maximize Josh Allens talents and get us to a Super Bowl more than you can.

It’s an off-season that has Hall of Fame coaches just sitting there for the taking. Why not at least check it out.  What’s the worst that happens if we do that? McD gets pissy and resigns. Well thank God for that. 

• Like (+1) 15
  • Vomit 19
  • Eyeroll 22
  • Shocked 1
  • Angry 1
  • Disagree 6
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 5
  • Dislike 8

3 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Tyler Dunne is spot on. Great article I don’t understand how at the very least we couldn’t have told Sean McDermott hey we’re going to explore other options at head coach in the next few weeks. We are not firing you unless we find someone we think will maximize Josh Allens talents and get us to a Super Bowl more than you can.

It’s an off-season that has Hall of Fame coaches just sitting there for the taking. Why not at least check it out.  What’s the worst that happens if we do that? McD gets pissy and resigns. Well thank God for that. 

“we are going to explore other options at head coach” is a great way to destabilize your entire organization. 

You can’t have it both ways. Either stick with the guy/get fully behind him, or fire him. 

• Like (+1) 21
  • Agree 29
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 9

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

“we are going to explore other options at head coach” is a great way to destabilize your entire organization. 

You can’t have it both ways. Either stick with the guy/get fully behind him, or fire him. 

You mean like what McD did to Leslie Frazier?!!!

Yeah.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 5
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

A large portion of the fan base want Sean gone, I get that and it's a legitimate debate. 

However the bolded above could have stopped at  I don’t understand. The rest is laughable imo.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

This is pretty dumb.  Imagine telling your head coach, hey, we are going to see if something better is out there.  Sit tight.   Why are people's brains broken?

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 7
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 6

11 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Them "HOF" coaches are looking for a job for a reason 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

His article last time seemed to light a fire under McD and the team, so we'll see what happens after this one. It's safe to say McD bought himself another year...

It all ended the same way though.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

You mean like what McD did to Leslie Frazier?!!!

Yeah.

Bingo! 

And honestly teams can do whatever they want. The cubs just did this same situation with David Ross when they dismissed him for Craig Counsel as their manager. 

I’d just fire him straight up but at least this gives the warm and fuzzies to him for his years of service and ultimately lets him make the decision if he wants to fall on his own sword before being put out of his misery. 

• Vomit 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Lol tell a guy we might replace you if we find a better option but then if not go back to him? Yeah I’m sure that would be a real comfortable working environment if you come back to him. Sounds like a real world situation….Fire him or don’t. We all already know he’s going nowhere. You want to go outside the organization to put a big time OC in there? Maybe have a little in house heat and pressure? That can probably happen. But you can’t have 1 foot out the door here then come back to McDermott. Once you even bring it up, you have to move on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Tyler Dunn can go ***** himself for that ***** he pulled mid season. He tried destroying our year and all for clicks. I used to like his interviews with Mckenzie, they both can disappear and I'll be fine with it. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Disagree 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

This is pretty dumb.  Imagine telling your head coach, hey, we are going to see if something better is out there.  Sit tight.   Why are people's brains broken?

There's a line in a Carly Simon song:  "Sorry that your mother dropped you on your head..."

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Never read anything related to Tyler Dunne

Then you're missing out on a man telling the truth here.  I get that Dunne has a "rep" but check these out and tell me he's wrong:

Those suffering from Drought Brain — terrified of another dark age — will soon nestle into another blanket of excuses and swiftly demonize any criticism of team, of coach.

None of this happens if the Bills — ownership on down — operate with Allen at forefront of mind. He’s the most important person in the building. He’s the employee with the richest contract in Buffalo sports history. That’s what blew the minds of so many players and coaches I spoke to for The McDermott Problem. Those who’ve been around McDermott every day describe the coach as a simpleton when it comes to this position, as if he never understood that Allen was the No. 1 reason this team is a Super Bowl contender.

As I write this column, McDermott is holding his season-ending press conference. He says the biggest reason for their turnaround was cutting down turnovers. Let’s hope he doesn’t try to neuter Allen’s arm this offseason after taking aim at his legs last offseason

• Like (+1) 9
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Ah, yes. I remember the time I told my then-fiance, "I'm going to explore other options for a wife over the next few weeks, but if I don't find anyone better, then I'll marry you."

She left that night and never returned, but I'm sure it was just a coincidence.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.