No Matter your feelings Bass doesn't deserve the abuse

rajinka

I get it, during the game I'm calling everyone out for mistakes.  But end of the day it's just a game.  These guys aren't out there saying hey I'm gonna miss this kick or drop this pass. This is nothing more then a form of entertainment.  It's embarrassing to me as a fan to hear some of these attacks made against a player of our team. 

Seriously if a game effects you to that level that you feel you need to make threats over something like this it might be time to step back and take a deeper look into the failures of your own life.   

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 14
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

People are making threats against him?

That's wildly inappropriate.

But to criticize his performance, call him a bad player, even "trash" or something similar is fine. He's an pro athlete in the public circle. He would get all the praise and hero treatment if he was amazing, so the opposite has to be true if he sucks.

It was a terrible year for him and he looked more than shaky, but he was great before that.

Kickers are a weird breed and theres a chance he bounces back if we give him an opportunity to.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I think he will bounce back. He got the yips this season but he’s a good kicker.  Unless there’s a viable replacement you will have journeymen kickers coming in and out.  Have fun with that missing extra points.  I’ll give Bass a break on this and i’m sure he feels 1000x worse than us fans.

Edited by zow2
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Who is threatening him? When you suck, people are always going to point that out.

He needs to prove that he can be the kicker he used to be, and that means a serious competition in camp.

• Like (+1) 1

Where have threats been made? If on here, they should be called out and banned for the indiscretion.

There is no room for any sort of personal threats. Saying he shouldn't be the Bills Kicker anymore though - that's completely fair following how he performed this season.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

NO threats!

Simply, he can’t return. 

When you kick successfully at a 25% rate in the PLAYOFFS… YOU ARE OUT!

Because…

YOU are going to lose a game at some point… which is…

Well to be fair, he was 50% last night. 

• Eyeroll 1

58 minutes ago, rajinka said:

I get it, during the game I'm calling everyone out for mistakes.  But end of the day it's just a game.  These guys aren't out there saying hey I'm gonna miss this kick or drop this pass. This is nothing more then a form of entertainment.  It's embarrassing to me as a fan to hear some of these attacks made against a player of our team. 

Seriously if a game effects you to that level that you feel you need to make threats over something like this it might be time to step back and take a deeper look into the failures of your own life.   

Just disgusted with a certain portion of Bills Mafia.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Where have threats been made? If on here, they should be called out and banned for the indiscretion.

There is no room for any sort of personal threats. Saying he shouldn't be the Bills Kicker anymore though - that's completely fair following how he performed this season.

BUFFALO, N.Y. — Everyone can agree that the Buffalo Bills loss is disappointing all around. But true Bills' fans have learned to soldier on and more forward.

Unfortunately, that can't be said for others. 

Since Sunday night's loss, Bills kicker Tyler Bass has been allegedly receiving threats and deactivated his social media accounts. 

https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/local/buffalo-bills-loss-tyler-bass-wide-right-kicker-ten-lives-club-cats-animals/71-f2757a65-06c9-474f-a580-fbf5fa481917?fbclid=IwAR18hfTw-kaRTIaLhX_jUV8xizVXeDP4gvBYlmoCj_OvPuoxEMgFsncxuzk

10 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

wgrz had an article,  I posted in another reply

4 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

This is appalling.  It’s just a game!   Damn. 

Agree maybe it's age.  I'm not really that bothered today.  I yelled at tv last night,  wandered downstairs.  But whatever.  Even if they win the next 20 super bowls it doesn't change my life at all. I honestly think social media has destroyed the fabric of society.  There's no boundaries,  it's a cesspool of jealousy,  misplaced anger and inflated sense of self worth.  

Edited by rajinka
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.