Considering this season as a whole…

Don Otreply

We lost a bunch of games against inferior opponents, scraped by against a few bottom-feeders, beat a depleted team in the WC round, and lost at home to a rival.  

Wasted season.  This would have been fine if Allen were still a 2nd-year player.  Instead, we're wasting this guy's career.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Bwahahahahaha, put on your big boy pants and be happy we have a team that isn’t picking in the top five draft positions every year, 😁👍

GO BILLS!!!

We've never really had that, but for a couple times.

The drought was the drought because the team was too good to be terrible but too bad to be good.

2 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Things could certainly have gone far worse this season, we were essentially firing blanks as we struggled to get to six and six, to turn that around and get as far as we did was an accomplishment Imo. 

Going forward, I hope to see a couple of above average receivers added to the offense to compliment Diggs and Shakir, I don’t think Davis is back with us next season, even if he is back we need fast and quick wide outs that run a full route tree, well that’s all I’ve got this morning, be positive my fellow Bills fans, it’s not the end of the world. 

GO BILLS!!!

To say this team with an elite QB who played lights out in the playoffs accomplished something with a Divisional Round exit is a loser mentality. But unfortunately with the McD apologists...this is the standard.

Other teams with elite QB's are targeting SB's. We are targeting playoff appearances. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The Buffalo Bills season has been the same for me as a Bills fan for 49 years and counting a failure. If you don’t win the championship your season is a failure. The Buffalo Bandits won a championship in 2023 there season was a success see how that works Bills Mafia. It doesn’t mean we all don’t have great memories watching the Buffalo sports teams over the years. But the golly gee wiz the Bills are 4 time defending AFC East champs doesn’t mean a hill of beans when you come up short in the playoffs. I could care less what the Bills excuses are on locker room clean out day they failed now get off your buts and acquire better players. When the Bills lost last night I thought of two things Pete Lembo gets introduced as UB Bulls football new head coach Tuesday at noon there is some actual hope there. And two the Buffalo Bisons start there baseball season March 29. I have no time to cry over the Bills that continue to come up small in big games with a cheap owner with no guts or clue to do anything to correct the situation. Same for Terry Pegula’s hockey team the Buffalo Sabres that are a complete failure that quit on there season again. Both teams need major roster overhauls I would trade Tage Thompson and Alex Tuch in the offseason for the Sabres. As for the Bills they need to get younger defensively. I would say goodbye to Poyer, Hyde, Miller and Tre White too many injuries he will never be the same unfortunately very sad what happened to him with injuries. Stefon Diggs needs to be gone you can’t drop that ball enough with his act he take it some place else. The punter Martin is gone if it is my call selfish player to play in that game no way he could barely walk he put the rest of the game at risk for the Bills with his terrible punts because he put himself before the team. Martin needed to tell the coach I can’t go because I would do more harm than good but Martin chose not to think

of the rest of his teammates which is unfortunate bye, bye. Along with Tyler Bass no way should you miss that field goal that badly. It isn’t just that one kick Bass has been shaky for a while bye, bye onto next season for the Bills in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

4 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

6/9 in SB's over a 20 year period. With 4 other conference title game appearances. Best QB in history. Along with a top 5 HC in NFL history.

Yeh...who wouldn't want to be a Bills fan over a Pats fan?

Is the question about 20 years ago, or now? I like where we are now. AFL Championships or SB’s from 25 years ago don’t matter now

13 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

I hate to be that guy, but people like you are really the worst kinds of fans.

It might surprise you, but people do realize that this is just a hobby and it's not important in the grand scheme of things but also have an emotional attachment to the team. You say that some people tell you that you take it too seriously but based on your posts I would bet anything you don't. So enjoy your "perspective". Just know that if the Bills ever win the Super Bowl, it won't ever feel as good to you as it does to many of the rest of us.

Yeh. I don't understand posts like that. The Bills are a passion. Them winning would be glorious. 

Just because it's not literally life o death, does not mean it isn't important. 

1 hour ago, RousseauRage said:

Enjoy your participation trophy, lmao

While the mob cries in their Genessee. LOL. 

Did you mean "Hey Bills, enjoy your participation trophy."? @NewEra had nothing to do with the results. He wouldn't get a trophy for the Bills' participation, LMAO. Guess what? You don't get a trophy if the Bills win it. It's amazing how the mob takes this personally. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Is the question about 20 years ago, or now? I like where we are now. AFL Championships or SB’s from 25 years ago don’t matter now

As in, who has it better today? Technically the Bills. Guess what both of us have in common? No SB titles this year. If the Bills had 6 titles already, that would be acceptable.

Would you be stunned if they move up to get an elite QB. And before you know it, win a SB before us? I certainly would not. 

Like most I wrote this team off after the Broncos MNF game, even a few weeks later at 6-6 I felt the season was still likely over.

Yes this run the last few months was a thing of beauty, but IMO it brings us back to why it was needed in the first place....because this was a woefully inconsistent team the first 12 games that was lucky to break even. And still think that's the bigger picture issue with coaching. At some point you have to figure out how to play consistent football over the duration of a 17 game regular season and stop relying on these 'backs against the walls' scenarios where you have to essentially play flawless football in December just to make the playoffs. For a proven commodity (like the Chiefs) that's one thing, but since this team still hasn't climbed that mountain it's always going to be a recipe for disaster.

Obviously McD isn't going anywhere until 2025 at the earliest (if you believe that's even a realistic scenario), but from this point on I'm calling him Sean 'McDivisional' because we now 100% know without question that's this teams ceiling as long as he's coaching here.

2 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

As in, who has it better today? Technically the Bills. Guess what both of us have in common? No SB titles this year. If the Bills had 6 titles already, that would be acceptable.

Would you be stunned if they move up to get an elite QB. And before you know it, win a SB before us? I certainly would not. 

But how many AFL Titles do they have? The correct answer is: history doesn’t matter here. We just finished this season, and we look forward to next season. That’s how it works and what I care about. I like where we sit, but it will be challenging with Josh’s cap hit about to take a leap. 

Now, do I fear the Pats might get a legit QB and HC? Sure. It could happen, and we’ll deal with that when the time comes. Right now we are where we are, and I generally like it. 

26 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Yeh. I don't understand posts like that. The Bills are a passion. Them winning would be glorious. 

Just because it's not literally life o death, does not mean it isn't important. 

It is a passion, and winning a SB would be glorious. It is important. But let’s not act like we are terrible and “need” a Super Bowl trophy to be complete.  

I am disappointed by the ending, but I enjoyed the season and the way they fought back from 6-6.  

As much as I like and respect McD, and the players clearly do too, I can’t shake the feeling he isn’t what this team needs and the team should look to “mutually part ways” 

KC proved time and time again that a top flight offensive system and elite QB can hide/overcome areas of deficiency. 

27 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Like most I wrote this team off after the Broncos MNF game, even a few weeks later at 6-6 I felt the season was still likely over.

Yes this run the last few months was a thing of beauty, but IMO it brings us back to why it was needed in the first place....because this was a woefully inconsistent team the first 12 games that was lucky to break even. And still think that's the bigger picture issue with coaching. At some point you have to figure out how to play consistent football over the duration of a 17 game regular season and stop relying on these 'backs against the walls' scenarios where you have to essentially play flawless football in December just to make the playoffs. For a proven commodity (like the Chiefs) that's one thing, but since this team still hasn't climbed that mountain it's always going to be a recipe for disaster.

Obviously McD isn't going anywhere until 2025 at the earliest (if you believe that's even a realistic scenario), but from this point on I'm calling him Sean 'McDivisional' because we now 100% know without question that's this teams ceiling as long as he's coaching here.

Not to mention the last 2 seasons we have played a couple of 3rd string QBs in the wildcard. 

3 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Things could certainly have gone far worse this season, we were essentially firing blanks as we struggled to get to six and six, to turn that around and get as far as we did was an accomplishment Imo. 

Going forward, I hope to see a couple of above average receivers added to the offense to compliment Diggs and Shakir, I don’t think Davis is back with us next season, even if he is back we need fast and quick wide outs that run a full route tree, well that’s all I’ve got this morning, be positive my fellow Bills fans, it’s not the end of the world. 

GO BILLS!!!

Yesterday was the end of the world.  

But today, inexplicably, the sun rose and I woke up and ate a good breakfast.  Life goes on and a promising Bills future awaits.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Why? Will that make your life better in some way? How does that improve your daily  life. Maybe you need some more hobbies or something? There is a huge difference between need and want.

I want a Super Bowl very badly, but I don’t need one, because I have a family and a life outside of the Bills.  Some might argue I take it too seriously, but it doesn’t define my life. I had a ton of fun watching the Bills this season, and none of that fun has been magically removed from my life. 

+1

Yeah, it sucks coming up short when the team is so close. 

1 hour ago, dorquemada said:

I dont know how many seasons we have to see a variation on the theme of the Bills being unprepared for a playoff game.  That's not gonna change.

Allen will be the QB who if he was on another team would already have won the super bowl.  I dont even know who to blame at this point but I bet we see another mcduh draft this year, 3 DL, a corner, i guess a punter and kicker?  oh and maybe a WR in round 6

C'mon now, that's kind of crazy. There's a long list of great QBs that never won a title. Off the top of my head:

• Marino
  • Moon
  • Tarkenton
  • Fouts
  • Kosar
  • Esiason
  • Cunningham
  • McNabb
  • Ken Anderson
  • Rivers

There's a sad reality Allen never wins one. Elway didn't win one until his 15th season. Sucks to write that, but it's perspective.

48 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

As much as I like and respect McD, and the players clearly do too, I can’t shake the feeling he isn’t what this team needs and the team should look to “mutually part ways” 

KC proved time and time again that a top flight offensive system and elite QB can hide/overcome areas of deficiency. 

Not to mention the last 2 seasons we have played a couple of 3rd string QBs in the wildcard. 

I don't like or respect McD at all...but I appreciate that even if you do, you can see reality. 

1 minute ago, DrBob806 said:

C'mon now, that's kind of crazy. There's a long list of great QBs that never won a title. Off the top of my head:

• Marino
  • Moon
  • Tarkenton
  • Fouts
  • Kosar
  • Esiason
  • Cunningham
  • McNabb
  • Ken Anderson
  • Rivers

There's a sad reality Allen never wins one. Elway didn't win one until his 15th season. Sucks to write that, but it's perspective.

I should have said another QB not the.  that really wasn't the point

1 minute ago, DrBob806 said:

• Marino
  • Moon
  • Tarkenton
  • Fouts
  • Kosar
  • Esiason
  • Cunningham
  • McNabb
  • Ken Anderson
  • Rivers

It's not something to shoot for though. Clearly this isn't working with McD here. There are a lot of examples of great players in every sport who needed a new coach to get over the hump. 

And there's quite a few of those guys I would not put on Allen's level. 

The worst part is, Allen has played fantastic in 2 out of those 3 losses to the Chiefs and we've come up empty because of our coach. It's not like he's had 4 pick games in those moments. 

39 minutes ago, RousseauRage said:

Not celebrating another failure season isn't quitting 

I’m not celebrating.  This thread doesn’t suggest anyone should be celebrating. Not sure why you would even bring up the topic of celebrating….as if anyone here is celebrating.  

4 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

I should have said another QB not the.  that really wasn't the point

Ok, I interpreted as if Allen was with another team, he'd have a SB win by now.

2 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

It's not something to shoot for though. Clearly this isn't working with McD here. There are a lot of examples of great players in every sport who needed a new coach to get over the hump. 

And there's quite a few of those guys I would not put on Allen's level. 

The worst part is, Allen has played fantastic in 2 out of those 3 losses to the Chiefs and we've come up empty because of our coach. It's not like he's had 4 pick games in those moments. 

Right, Allen definitely has the skills to lead to a SB win, but there's obviously so many other factors. That's why I put together that list. Sometimes it's just as simple as playing a superior team in an era, like KC. 

55 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Mahomes/Reid are the perfect match just like Brady/Belichik, even though some still try their hardest to discount the latter.

Regarding McD/Allen....they are obviously good enough to win the division title and get to the 2nd round of the playoffs. But convinced more than ever that's the ceiling and for JA17 to take the next step it's simply going to have to be with a new head coach.

But regarding your point about playing 3rd string QB's the last few years....you really have to wonder if this duo would even have made the divisional if they played better competition so to speak. The Dolphins probably should have won last year in Buffalo and going back to the 2021/13 second season they faced Mac Jones in the first round and we all know he's probably destined to be nothing more than a backup in this league as well.

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

Mahomes/Reid are the perfect match just like Brady/Belichik, even though some still try their hardest to discount the latter.

Regarding McD/Allen....they are obviously good enough to win the division title and get to the 2nd round of the playoffs. But convinced more than ever that's the ceiling and for JA17 to take the next step it's simply going to have to be with a new head coach.

But regarding your point about playing 3rd string QB's the last few years....you really have to wonder if this duo would even have made the divisional if they played better competition so to speak. The Dolphins probably should have won last year in Buffalo and going back to the 2021/13 second season they faced Mac Jones in the first round and we all know he's probably destined to be nothing more than a backup in this league as well.

Yeah the teams we've actually beaten in the playoffs have not been very good ones, except I guess the Ravens in 2020. And even that year McD's D got lit up by the Colts and it took a superhero effort from Josh and a couple of coaching gaffes from our good friend Frankie on their side for us to survive that game. 

McD is an incredibly horrendous postseason coach. He is completely outclassed by good coaches and top QB's. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

Josh Allen, like Mahomes and Brady, is a good enough QB to get you a shot at making the Divisional round every year on his own.

The main difference is the other two QBs were also complimented by a Head Coach who can take a team over the next hump from the Divisional round to a Super Bowl victory. The Bills do not have that guy wearing a headset right now.

1 minute ago, FilthyBeast said:

Agreed.

Let’s say Bills get themselves a top flight OC and McD has himself a year as the HC/DC. That OC will leave for a promotion and Allen will be learning ANOTHER new system. 

Part of me wonders what it looks like with DaBoll… 

5 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Yeah the teams we've actually beaten in the playoffs have not been very good ones, except I guess the Ravens in 2020. And even that year McD's D got lit up by the Colts and it took a superhero effort from Josh and a couple of coaching gaffes from our good friend Frankie on their side for us to survive that game. 

McD is an incredibly horrendous postseason coach. He is completely outclassed by good coaches and top QB's. 

Which is also why I said the 2020 AFCCG is an outlier/asterisk because of the weird covid year and Jackson getting knocked out in the 3rd quarter.

In some ways I feel bad for McDivisional because he showed brass balls last night but still couldnt win the game. It's simply just not meant to be for him, at least here in Buffalo.

The season was a disaster and not enjoyable to watch literally from the first quarter of the season. Watching our best players get hurt with catastrophic injuries just sucks the life out of watching the team.

They were a few plays away from not even making the playoffs. 

Epic meltdowns by the defense against bad teams. 

Josh playing like garbage in week 1 and then leading the league in turnovers. He fumbled again yesterday. 

McD benching the starting RB for a fumble like this is junior high school. 

Losing on the only missed FG against us because we had 12 men on the field. 

Worst of all there were enough injuries and Allen played well enough down the stretch that McD isn't going to get fired. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

To say this team with an elite QB who played lights out in the playoffs accomplished something with a Divisional Round exit is a loser mentality. But unfortunately with the McD apologists...this is the standard.

Other teams with elite QB's are targeting SB's. We are targeting playoff appearances. 

Would you like a tissue for your tears of inadequacy? 

1 minute ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Not more than I'd like a paddle to teach you that Participation Trophies don't mean anything

So you want to spank a grown man, lol, you whinny poor baby fans, what ever shall you do…. Bwaahahahahahahaha, 

I find it odd that people attack others who actually enjoy the team.  If you need to win the SB to complete your life, maybe it's you who is the loser. 

13 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Not more than I'd like a paddle to teach you that Participation Trophies don't mean anything

Maybe go run that by the team. 

Edited by nedboy7

4 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Sure there is, we could all be jets or patriots fans, we are kings of the AFCE, 😁👍 remember there are more important things in life than football, be happy we live in the first world, things could be a whole lot worse, 

GO BILLS!!!

Did anybody watch Get Up this morning?  It was very clear that the majority (Dan Orlovsky, Mike Greenberg, and Rex Ryan) were pulling for the Bills and especially Josh Allen.  Ryan Clark was the only one who was critical of Josh.  Anyway, Orlovsky called attention to all the great young QBs in the AFC, with Mahomes, Allen, Lamar and now Stroud highlighted.  While looking at Greenberg he said words to the effect "not every team has one."  Greenberg just told him to shut up.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.