It may not be fair to Brady but we need to expand our search for offensive coordinator

Beast

Our D was the main reason for this loss.  I never expected them to play as poorly as they did.  Way too many big plays given up both on the ground and in the air.  All the injuries on D took their toll.

Edited by Nuncha
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I definitely agree that Brady shouldn’t be awarded the job, but I’d love to hear what HIS system would look like. 

Agreed. He deserves an interview but he hasn’t done nearly enough to simply walk into the post.

• Agree 2

we scored 24 points against one of the top defenses, controlled the clock, and our WR’s dropped 3 passes that wouldve have all went for at least 40 yards.  And our kicker missed a 44 yarder to tie it. And we went 6-0 to finish the season with a mash unit on defense before yesterdays loss.  If we don’t offer brady the OC position immediately, mcbeane needs their heads examined. 

Edited by BuffaloRebound
  • Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, Nuncha said:

Our D was the main reason for this loss.  I never expected them to play as poorly as they did.  Way too many big plays given up both on the ground and in the air.  All the injuries on D took their toll.

Again, for like the fifth time in this thread, it isn’t just about yesterday, though the Bills had their lowest yards per play in a half all season.

It’s about what I saw from the offense down the stretch and, to be 100% honest, it was not all that different than it was under Dorsey. The run game was better. The pass game wasn’t.

And I’m not dismissing Brady. I just want to see a search done.

Edited by Beast

I wasn’t overly impressed with Brady even after the bar had been set so low after Dorsey.

I hope McD, assuming he’s still here, doesn’t just take the safe route and actually interviews legit options.

• Agree 1

The Bills supposable to have like 3 assistants on the O coach side that were former OC's or O assistants. Doesn't seem to help. We need someone to force Josh to be accountable, w/o destroying his play style. Make it easy for him to hit open WR. And schema them open. The best play call I have seen since Brady took over was the misdirection throw to Shakir when the D was in man. We need those type of plays to beat any D look! 

3 hours ago, Brian Higgins hair said:

I’d say we are just fine with Brady. No need to search.

‘Diggs has definitely lost two steps, and Davis was out. That’s a lot of issues in itself. 

Diggs seemed pretty open on that deep ball he dropped...

Lions seem to have no issues scheming players open.

I have an idea. Why don't we find a capable offensive mind to run this team as a HC. Then we're not shuttling new coordinators in here for Josh every year. I like Brady but he has his flaws. The last thing Josh needs is his 4th OC in 4 years. But as many have accurately stated, Pegula will mistakenly continue to support McD.  This is an offensive league. The only way to end this cycle for the Bills is to hire a Johnson or Harbaugh type.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Brady has a great commitment to the run game but there was no designed play action off of it. He had KC on their heels defensively to the point they were run blitzing. If Brady would’ve called some action off the run looks we could’ve had some open chunk plays.

It drove me crazy that he never set up anything the whole game. I was waiting for it but he just kept running it! 

Let me correct my post. Stefon Diggs drop was on a 1st down play action pass. 😬

Brady did a great job. I like how the offense is more balanced under him. He also seems like he's willing to adjust when things aren't working. The Bills became a more complete team when they made the change at OC and it allowed them to get into the playoffs. They should draft a big possession WR to stick outside opposite Diggs and keep this going.

Brady did great this season as the Buffalo Bills finally found an OC who will call run plays. Besides, look at his record W/L he took over after Denver after the other guy went 5-5. Joe Brady went 6-1 in the regular season and that one loss was to the Eagles when they actually looked good.  34-37 in OT.

In this last game, Brady was a rookie OC and he faced Matt Nagy and Andy Reid in calling plays for the Chiefs. The 2023 Kansas City Chiefs have the #2 overall defense this season. It was Bass that missed that FG.

doesn't matter what happens if the coaching stuff doesn't change the bills are not winning anything...   mcstupid has shown that he make bad calls in big games...  and you can say whatever you want well player x dropped the ball...   that because this coach has such a narrow margin for victory...  it in his DNA to coach not to loose instead of going out and taking games... we have seen it how many time this year bills get up and then coast on offense dont let Allen throw the ball later in games...  it fine if you can get 5 yards a carry but what did KC do the 2nd half they loaded up the box with charging LBs daring the bills to throw and they still didn't make plays.  they continue to not give Allen the weapons he needs to overcome the idiot coaching. definition of insanity doing the same thing expecting different results...   4+ years now how long are we going to keep doing it? 

Put simply: I agree with the premise of the post.

I like Joe Brady and I think he has earned serious consideration for the OC job in 2024 and beyond.

I do NOT think the Bills should hire him without interviewing other candidates, too.

Brandon Beane always talks about "turning over every stone" to improve the Buffalo Bills. I see no reason that shouldn't apply to the offensive coordinator position.

There should be no shortage of innovative offensive minds champing at the bit to work with Josh Allen. Interview them all. If Joe Brady is the best man for the job and convinces you he ought to stick around, then so be it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.