Gabe Davis was missed

JerseyBills

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

Agreed except I feel Shakir could, has that juice and very twitchy, think he'll be a stud next year

I like him as a solid #2 but this team needs a true #2 or even co #1,  Diggs has lost his juice

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Agreed except I feel Shakir could, has that juice and very twitchy, think he'll be a stud next year

When a deep ball hits his hand he generally catches it

Diggs has never been a long ball receiver but that ball was there and he needs to make that catch.

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Ya, I'm not piling on coach

The D actually stepped up huge late and gave the O multiple opportunities to score/win

Stepped up huge after rolling over like a Golden Retriever for 55 minutes....K...

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Unpopular opinion here but I and many others shrugged Gabe being inactive as no big deal.

I thought he'd be missed in the run game a bit and that's it.

I was dead wrong, there's no doubt in my mind he catches at least 1, if not both bombs to Sherfield,  which would have been game changers... As well as the bomb to Diggs

Gabe had a season where he dropped passes or caused interceptions and also had 5 games with 0 catches.  Was missed but nit the reason why we lost

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Unpopular opinion here but I and many others shrugged Gabe being inactive as no big deal.

I was dead wrong, there's no doubt in my mind he catches at least 1, if not both bombs to Sherfield,  which would have been game changers... As well as the bomb to Diggs

How do you figure.  Everyone stepped up and dropped the passes he would have.

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

DeAndre Hopkins was missed.   Should have been a Buffalo Bill the second Diggs restructured his contract this offseason.   

we lost the Super Bowl when they didn't sign that guy

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Peter said:

I agree.

We also missed Stefon Diggs.

Yah i don;t know what the hell happened to him if he was pissed about something & just decided to drop most balls that came to him because he wasn't a factor at all in this run ! 

If he continues to play like this they need to trade him or something because they have enough of those guys that can drop a perfectly thrown pass that hits them right in the hands don't need any more .

And i think Gabe would have helped because if i were the Bills Sheffield would be on the next plane out of town he has proven nothing since he landed in B/lo .

Edited by T master

2 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

As I said elsewhere, it’s a possibility but considering the route/communication issues revolving around him all season it’s just as likely he would have been standing in a completely different spot.

I believe with all the options/checks they have going on those issues are going to happen. They need to simplify things in the offseason if they make Brady the permanent OC. Too much thinking and it was like pulling teeth all season to have a consistent passing game.

Goodness gracious no he wasn’t.

If Dawkins wasn’t pushed back into Allen as he threw to a wide open Shakir, we have 30+ points last night against a top 5 Chiefs defense.

We scored 20 points against that same defense with Gabe a couple months ago.

We need new receivers everywhere, but once again Gabe doesn’t play and Allen doesn’t throw an INT. Not a coincidence.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Disagree.  Best WR on the field last night on either team was Shakir and he doesn’t get those opportunities if Davis plays.  Shakir was wide open on the 2nd and 9 in the endzone for the go ahead TD but Josh Allen had his foot stepped on by Dawkins and kept him from having his legs in the throw.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I have no belief Gabe Davis would’ve caught anything Sherfield couldn’t. Davis has dropped those passes also.

This.

It’s like some posters have amnesia that Gabe has had a 52% catch rate over the past two seasons.

And it’s not like we needed Gabe to stretch the defense. Sherfield and Diggs were getting open deep just fine - they just dropped all 3 deep attempts.

3 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Not necessarily.

A good, reliable WR who can get open and compete for catches WAS MISSED.

Gabe usually doesn't do that anyway.

He's played his last game as a Bill anyway, so time to move on.

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

*IF* Gabe can get open he appears to be the only Bills WR that can track the ball on deep throws.  The other guys including Diggs suck at it.

See this isn’t true after last night

our guys were getting separation 

at least where I was sitting

diggs drops are troubling

1 second and that’s a TD to sure hand shakir 

Just now, Drew21PA said:

See this isn’t true after last night

our guys were getting separation 

at least where I was sitting

diggs drops are troubling

1 second and that’s a TD to sure hand shakir 

I wasn't referring to separation.  I was saying that Gabe is the best at tracking the ball on deep passes.  We missed that.  Sherfield had to dive to catch a pass that if tracked properly he catches in stride and running.

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I wasn't referring to separation.  I was saying that Gabe is the best at tracking the ball on deep passes.  We missed that.  Sherfield had to dive to catch a pass that if tracked properly he catches in stride and running.

He and Diggs messed up badly on deep balls - they were there last night - numerous times 

3 hours ago, NBDawg15 said:

Kincaid wasn't targeted from the 10 minute mark of the first quarter until there were 8 mins left in the game.  Zero redzone targets.  No targets on the last series of downs.

Still caught all five looks he got all night and led the Bills in receiving yards.  Why don't we use a guy who produces so frequently more?

They kept pulling him out of the game in the fourth quarter. Why?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.