Divisional Playoffs - Chiefs at Bills - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

You are talking about the same play…the play where diggs was open for a short gainer Shakir was absolutely wide open for a td 😂. Which is why I’m telling you the throw to diggs there didn’t make a lot of sense with how well the chiefs defense responded in that second half 

the throw to shakir was probably even easier than the throw to diggs tbh…there was no defender to effect the throw 

No, one I'm talking about wasn't Diggs. Can't remember if it was Shikar or maybe Kincaid coming across open. I'm trying to see if I can find the particular play I'm referring to.

2 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I was wondering when the clown show posts about getting rid of Josh would start.  We are gifted with literally one of the best QBs to maybe ever play the position and some people want to get rid of him.  There aren't words to express how idiotic it is

Problem is, he's the third best QB IN THE CONFERENCE.

He's Roethlisberger to Mahomes' Brady and Burrow's Manning.

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

If losing a superbowl was an achievement people cared about the bills franchise would be viewed a lot more favorably 😂

Again, gotta MAKE the super bowl to lose one.

We can't even make the CG, but for covid year

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I’d put him 2 but if the chiefs get crushed by the ravens he could be 1…chiefs offense struggled all year but ran into two injury ravaged defenses in the playoffs 

In a row 

Not saying that’ll happen necessarily but it will be eye opening if it does.  If the chiefs win that one mahomes is 1 no doubt 

3 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Yes and then you have to win that one to win one 😂 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 hour ago, Heels20X6 said:

And that's what irritates me the most about the Josh Narrative.  Everyone in the media has it so that HE must carry the team at all times.  No mention of Sherfield and Diggs dropping beautiful thrown balls.  No mention of Brady forcing the 1st down runs every drive in the 2nd half without adjustments.  Nope, Allen didn't throw an underneath to Diggs and therefore, it's all his fault.

Meanwhile, Mahomes played an alright game where guys like Kelce made plays and, despite going three and out and giving the ball back to Josh with time remaining, he's the "Conquerer of the Road! Mahomes does it again!"  He stunk on that final drive before punting it back to Buffalo,

Mahomes(not to take anything away from him, we all know he is special) also got to play against an extremely depleted defense, while all week we have heard about Josh having to go up against Spags defense. Put up 24 points, could have easily been 31. I would say Josh had the tougher task of having to go against KC's defense, and Mahomes got to play 3rd stringers and a guy just off the couch. Again, not taking anything away from him, and I would not be shocked if KC wins next week, but Josh had the tougher task last night and still played very well.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Success said:

Allen carries this team all the time. All the time.

He gets a couple of mulligans.

Mahomes missed two open Chiefs receivers in the end zone for TD's and I don't hear Chiefs fans complaining this morning.  The expectations that some posters have about Allen is bat feces insane and doesn't reflect the real world of NFL football.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Aimee75 said:

Mahomes(not to take anything away from him, we all know he is special) also got to play against an extremely depleted defense, while all week we have heard about Josh having to go up against Spags defense. Put up 24 points, could have easily been 31. I would say Josh had the tougher task of having to go against KC's defense, and Mahomes got to play 3rd stringers and a guy just off the couch. Again, not taking anything away from him, and I would not be shocked if KC wins next week, but Josh had the tougher task last night and still played very well.

Yea seriously…I’m all for no excuses we had our chances to win. But if we’re gonna isolate the chiefs offensive performance I think it’s fair to mention that we were down to scrubs at lb 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

I appreciate you’re specifically referring to the post season, but taking all games into account it’s 3-4. Basically a 50/50 split between the two.

Except the ones KC won are all the ones that mattered. Bills fans gotta stop propping up regular season wins over KC going forward. Gotta get ‘em in the playoffs. 

26 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Wow you're serious.  I was being tongue & cheek.  But hey thanks for the honesty.  IF the Bills swapped Allen to Chicago for this years first and next years first I would bet you my house that the Bears would win a Super Bowl before the Bills.  Allen would elevate the Bears into the playoffs his first year there spoiling that 2nd 1st round pick we got. 

BTW I watch a lot of college football and this years QB crop is good with a lot of POTENTIAL but the idea that any of them would replicate what Allen has ACHIEVED is far fetched.  Remember Lawrence was a can't miss #1 QB to.

Right Bean wouldn't even finish his sentence only to be surprised that Chicago had offered multiple additional 1st round picks he hadn't asked for and sprinted from Chicago to Buffalo to shake hands on the deal.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Only want that to happen under a VERY limited set of circumstances that includes acquiring chicago's firsts this year and next.

Other than that, no. Also, let's not lionize last night's performance.

Gross.

8 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

Except the ones KC won are all the ones that mattered. Bills fans gotta stop propping up regular season wins over KC going forward. Gotta get ‘em in the playoffs. 

The regular season win meant the game took place at Orchard Park rather than Arrowhead. I mean, not that it mattered but...

16 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Burrow ain't Manning. Browning was respectable with that supporting cast. If he's still on that level when he loses pieces, starting with Tee, we'll talk

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wraith said:

I'm talking about the last 2nd down throw to Shakir all the Monday morning QBs are clamoring for a throw to Diggs instead because the CBS broadcast made it look like he was wide open two yards downfield. The defense gave the Bills a wide open receiver in the end zone and the correct decision was to take it! Chris Jones made a great play to walk Dawkins into Allen and ruined it.

Screenshot2024-01-22122606.thumb.jpg.ee78737b3254908b09c9f2817d72aaf9.jpg

Dawkins holds up 0.1 seconds longer and we probably win…crazy the throw was right on line given the circumstances….just didn’t have the juice to get it there 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, cgg716 said:

Burrow ain't Manning. Browning was respectable with that supporting cast. If he's still on that level when he loses pieces, starting with Tee, we'll talk

Browning outplayed Burrow!

Mahomes, Burrow or Brady wouldn't win a SB with this Bills regime. The team mirrors it's coach. In crunch time we choke, and continually find new and novel ways to lose at the last minute. In fact it's such an exhausted list we are now recycling our all time soul crushing loses. So wide-right out of the way. Homerun throwback is next I suppose.

• Agree 1

I'm constantly surprised by reasonable and intelligent people not realizing NFL football is an organization sport and not even just a team sport. To slice it down to QB play, and the amount of context needed to adequately judge that is complicated .Yet people do it constantly and it is mind blowing. I'm not talking about media either, they are theatre for the most part, although they do impact the narrative unfairly. The notion that you can look at Brock Purdy or someone like him with his 120 QB rating and still not see the context of the situation that is lacking, well I don't get it. QB wins, especially in the playoffs is exactly like that. Dan Marino lost his only Super Bowl appearance. i hated playing him because I knew they were never out of the game. He hardly sniffed any playoff success, not because of his play, it was his organization the Dolphins not being strong enough. The Bills lose at this level of the season, not because of Josh Allen. He is the strength, he is plenty good enough to win a Super Bowl with. They lose because the rest of it isn't good enough. I chose not to worry about whether our strengths are great enough.

Edited by D. L. Hot-Flamethrower
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, Logic said:

How can you say that, though?

The assumption that the Bills would definitely still have been able to score a TD after securing a first down there is a very big assumption, indeed. The Chiefs have an elite red zone defense, and the Bills had only scored once the entire second half. Even the assumption that Bass would still ultimately have made the kick that sends the game to overtime seems like a big one, based on Bass's recent struggles even in-close.

I just think the premise "the short throw for the first down is superior to the touchdown" in that instance is a flawed one, based on assumptions of future success that --- based on the way the season and game had played out -- seem potentially unfounded.

You’re right. A TD is not guaranteed if they picked up the first. That’s why I said almost. However, I think Bass could make the easier kick to tie the game with minimal time left. Giving yourself the best chance to win. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

End of the day,  watching the 2nd down Allen could have easily hit Diggs on a crossing route and he most likely picks up the first down. He also could have run for at least 7-8 yards because the right side of the field was wide open.  That set of downs got screwed up by Brady's insistence on running on first down with Cook and only getting 1 yard putting us behind the sticks. They should had pass/run option to Allen on first because they did not need to force pass into the end zone.  The plan should have been get another first down and then either score a TD or kick FG with little of no time left on the clock. Another poor situation football moment that Brady/McDermott failed on.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I'm constantly surprised by reasonable and intelligent people not realizing NFL football is an organization sport and not even just a team sport. To slice it down to QB play, and the amount of context needed to adequately judge that is complicated .Yet people do it constantly and it is mind blowing. I'm not talking about media either, they are theatre for the most part, although they do impact the narrative unfairly. The notion that you can look at Brock Purdy or someone like him with his 120 QB rating and still not see the context of the situation that is lacking, well I don't get it. QB wins, especially in the playoffs is exactly like that. Dan Marino lost his only Super Bowl appearance. i hated playing him because I knew they were never out of the game. He hardly sniffed any playoff success, not because of his play, it was his organization the Dolphins not being strong enough. The Bills lose at this level of the season, not because of Josh Allen. He is the strength, he is plenty good enough to win a Super Bowl with. They lose because the rest of it isn't good enough. I chose not to worry about whether our strengths are great enough.

What you wrote is something I’ve feared for a while now. I fear Allen is the new Dan Marino 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.