1/21/24 Division Playoff GAMEDAY Bills vs Chiefs Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

18 minutes ago, Kenosha2Buffalo said:

Im pretty nervous for this game. I hate that I'm seeing a lot of narrative on this being the weakest we will ever face Mahomes and the Chiefs. This is arguably the weakest defense they have faced from us with all the injuries, IMO. Still think josh pulls it out in a thriller. Go Bills!

This.

An elite QB is going to go after replacements immediately. It's up to McD & company to come up with a plan. 

The "road" narrative facing the Chiefs makes me nervous too. They lost more at home this year. And it isn't as if they have played in uncomfortable environments before. 

Lastly, there is the expectations aspect. KC has won 2/3 SB's in four years. Them losing is that...a loss. They will get receivers (Whether Mike Evans or whoever) and likely be back to the old Chiefs next year.

Everything is on us. If we win, well we still have to go in and somehow beat Baltimore. If we lose that game  nobody will care we won this one. A loss will really hurt Allen's reputation fair or not. And the team could see big changes with a loss too. 

TLDR: A KC loss is "meh" because of what they already accomplished. A Bills loss will bring about change imo. Oh, the Chiefs playing on road thing is overblown.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean I don't like that either but they just went with who's record lined up with who's.

And in so doing implying that the records would continue to line up....meaning Allen and the Bills will win today and the next 2 playoff meetings.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, fergie's ire said:

And in so doing implying that the records would continue to line up....meaning Allen and the Bills will win today and the next 2 playoff meetings.

I can't remember and have not looked it up but didn't Manning used to lose to The Patriots in the regular season too.

I remember Manning whining and crying in the middle of that era maybe 04 or 05 about how Belichick's defense is always allowed to hold the tight ends and how they get away with stuff other teams did not....and then steve young was on a show i was listening to and he said the same thing that belichick's defenses were always holding the backs and tight ends and were never called for it.

Kia Ora and good morning from New Zealand!

It's Monday morning and I'm stuck at work, but fortunately took the afternoon off so I can watch the game live. 

Sending you all good positive vibes from the South Pacific!

Let's go Buffalo!

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I just wish there was some way I could enjoy these games.  I’m so anxious and nervous now and of course, I’m dreading the possibility of a Bills loss and all of the narratives which people will weaponize.  

I guess if you’re a big sports fan, there’s nothing you can really do but let things unfold.  But the anticipation is just killing me

• Agree 3

10 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

I just wish there was some way I could enjoy these games.  I’m so anxious and nervous now and of course, I’m dreading the possibility of a Bills loss and all of the narratives which people will weaponize.  

I guess if you’re a big sports fan, there’s nothing you can really do but let things unfold.  But the anticipation is just killing me

I tend to channel all my anxiety into sporting events which is just a terrible thing to do, since we have absolutely no control over the outcome. Whatever is going to happen with happen, and ultimately you have to make peace with it. Just try to enjoy the moment overall... and popping a Xanax doesn't hurt either.

• Like (+1) 3

42 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

And of course they paint Kermit as Brady and Allen as Manning.  **** them.

Fine by me. After the first 2 playoff wins Brady never beat Manning again.

And Kennedy's secretary was named Lincoln...

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1