Spot in Buffalo to watch UFC 297 (Question)

Herc11

• Simon changed the title to Spot in Buffalo to watch UFC 297 (Question)

Any Buffalo Wild Wings maybe??

9 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Anyone know a spot that is going to have the fight tonight? We've called several of the popular spots and no one so far is going to have it.

It is on at BWW Tonawanda:

https://assets.ctfassets.net/l5fkpck1mwg3/fumIEu6Ou2Nrizxno9nZP/d5212e7700538d93a9e971dfd4335061/UFC_Web_List_PDF_297.pdf

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Oh man, didn't know there was a BWW here in Buffalo. A lot has changed in 15 yrs

that’s been around forever, I met “The Coach” Chuck Dickerson there when he was doing his postgame show from there back in like 2001 or 02.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Oh man, didn't know there was a BWW here in Buffalo. A lot has changed in 15 yrs

Agreed. When I was growing up in WNY, there was no Tim Horton's, and Wegmans was not in Buffalo. Bells and Tops were dominant. Also, no Walmart; only Hills, Ames, K-Mart, and Zayre.

Edited by chongli

18 minutes ago, chongli said:

Agreed. When I was growing up in WNY, there was no Tim Horton's, and Wegmans was not in Buffalo. Bells and Tops were dominant. Also, no Walmart; only Hills, Ames, K-Mart, and Zayre.

I remember playing Colecovision demos at the Hills on Delaware near Hertel. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, chongli said:

Wegmans has been in WNY since the late 70s.  You must be really old....😉

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

Wegmans has been in WNY since the late 70s.  You must be really old....😉

Well...not that old, lol! But where I grew up in Chautauqua County in the 80's, there was no Wegmans, AFAIK; just Bells, Tops, Super Duper, and A&P. I got a Whammy Weenie from Bells:

s-l400.jpg

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Doesn't surprise me not a lot of places showing the UFC fight tonight....Buffalo is first and foremost a football town and the NFL playoffs being on tonight is a big deal

This game should be over before the Main Event starts. 

Id think a lot of sports bars would air both, with hopefully a great game leading right into Strickland/DuPlessis

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

Did you call just to check ahead?

I've definitely watched fights over the years there but haven't in a while...

But they used to always

Ya, we called to make sure

17 hours ago, Herc11 said:

Anyone know a spot that is going to have the fight tonight? We've called several of the popular spots and no one so far is going to have it.

Don't care the Bills are playing in the play offs if you haven't heard . Just saying .

5 hours ago, T master said:

Don't care the Bills are playing in the play offs if you haven't heard . Just saying .

No *****... Are you serious?!? So I'm not supposed to do ANYTHING else the night prior???

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.