Divisional Week: Buy, Sell, Hold

boyst

As always, treat it like a game. There are not specific rules. You treat this like a penny stock. You can buy while low, you can buy while it's soaring, you can sell while it's high or just dump a bad egg, you can choose a player/unit/group/coach/about anything.

Oh, and hold is just someone you don't want to buy or sell and wouldn't if offered 

Buy: Davis. If he plays, he's due.

Sell: Josh's turnovers. First turnover free game in a while?

Hold: ty Johnson. He needs to do more but I'm not sure how much he can.

Buy: the Allen to Diggs connection. Value hit an all time low recently then showed signs of growth as demand is heating up.

Sell: Von Miller. Cut the fat to allow for proper re-allocation of resources.

Hold: McDermott's defensive game planning. His department has been decimated by personnel losses but he righted the ship and rallied a bunch of interns to an outstanding 4th quarter performance.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MPT said:

Buy: the Allen to Diggs connection. Value hit an all time low recently then showed signs of growth as demand is heating up.

Hold: McDermott's defensive game planning. His department has been decimated by personnel losses but he righted the ship and rallied a bunch of interns to an outstanding 4th quarter performance.

I still believe Von Miller was the reason Floyd chose to come here. So he’s got that going for him. 

Buy - Shakir, dude is so twitchy,  great speed n athletic, has huge upside

Sell - Cam Lewis, Just 🙏 Taron is ready to go. He was pucked apart by Rusolph, imagine what Kermit would do 

Hold - Von, had his best game since injury, talking very confident, could've had 2 sacks, hopeful he has an impact moving forward 

Buy - Kaiir "Buy a consonant" Elam.  Bargain basement penny stock with boom or bust potential.  Good risk with lots of upside potential.  Worth taking a flyer on this stock.

Sell - Tyler Bass"o-Matic".  Fundamentals are no longer solid for this stock.  It was a favorite in my portfolio, but I'm pulling the rip cord.  Get out now.

Hold - Khalil "Tupac" Shakir.  Solid performer that will keep the income rolling in.

Buy: Von Miller, just a feeling but I think he comes up with a big play.

Hold: Allen to Diggs, back to back productive weeks after a long lull. I think Diggs has at least 5+ catches and 60+ yards may not have that dominant 100+ yard game but he will be a factor. 

Sell: Special Teams, all season special teams has been an issue. Last week it was no exception. A blocked kick led to the game being more competitive than it needed to be and a missed kick late was another error although an inconsequential one. At this point I just want there to be no major errors on special teams. Bass makes all the “gimmie” kicks 40 yards and under,

no large returns given up, no bad punts and no turnovers on special teams is all I can hope for.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m buying all of it!

GO BILLS!!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Buy:

kincaid shakir Knox 

these three will be a handle again for opposing defenses all season

sell:

the notion that Pat Mahomes will run the show on Buffalo because “ohhhh he’s mad they lost in arrow head!  

he is human and will show it

hold:  

Josh Allen playoff dominance

i tho k he continues - so I’m going to hold on to it

he will dominate yet again

Buy: TE Combo of Kincaid & Knox - Kincaid is starting to be used as he should have been all year and Knox seems to make timely plays against KC.

Sell: Tyler Bass - God help us if this game comes down to a FG attempt. 

Hold: Josh Allen - I said it in another thread about Josh, this is Playoff Josh. The cape is on. Big game football is on tap. This isn't the same old Bills. 

11 hours ago, boyst said:

As always, treat it like a game. There are not specific rules. You treat this like a penny stock. You can buy while low, you can buy while it's soaring, you can sell while it's high or just dump a bad egg, you can choose a player/unit/group/coach/about anything.

Oh, and hold is just someone you don't want to buy or sell and wouldn't if offered 

Buy: Davis. If he plays, he's due.

Sell: Josh's turnovers. First turnover free game in a while?

Hold: ty Johnson. He needs to do more but I'm not sure how much he can.

Didn’t Josh & Buffalo just have a turnover free game on Monday? 

• Agree 1

Offense:

Buy: Gabe Davis - I bought him before the Chargers game and can pretty much retire off of it. I'm doubling down, as he is due again, and he has torched the Chiefs in playoffs past. If he can't go, then I'm buying Knox because I can't afford Kincaid at his current price.

Sell: James Cook. Hate to say it, but I have a feeling the run game is going to struggle. The interior O-line seems shaky, and the Chiefs' DL is stout. There won't be the openings Cook needs to make the most of his running style. 

Hold: Diggs. He seems pretty much settled in at 7-8 catches for 70 yards. Something is limiting him on downfield chunks, but he is still getting those critical first down yardage grabs when called upon.

Defense:

Buy: AJ Epenesa. He's been fairly quiet, so I'm buying low because I think he's due to make a splash.

Sell: AJ Klein. Had an amazing game last week, but this is Travis Kelce time and there's not a lot of support in the defensive backfield right now. 

Hold: Elam - he will have another up and down game, which seems to be his pattern. I definitely wouldn't buy, and there's not enough depth at CB to sell. 

Edited by skibum

11 hours ago, MPT said:

When you say "cut the fat" with Von, what do you mean exactly?  His K is horrific, untradeable, and we are stuck with it due to cap issues.

I am praying he ends up in trouble with the law in Texas; I don't know what's going on with that entire thing these days...if we can find a way to invalidate his K, that would be fantastic.

Otherwise, he'll be around more.  It's part of why that was a HUGE mistake from Beane.  I like him a lot overall, but he knows how to really F things up now and again too.  

I guess no one is perfect.

Going out and getting Rasul Douglas now looks like the stuff of genius.

You win some and lose some.

9 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Buy - Kaiir "Buy a consonant" Elam.  Bargain basement penny stock with boom or bust potential.  Good risk with lots of upside potential.  Worth taking a flyer on this stock.

Sell - Tyler Bass"o-Matic".  Fundamentals are no longer solid for this stock.  It was a favorite in my portfolio, but I'm pulling the rip cord.  Get out now.

Hold - Khalil "Tupac" Shakir.  Solid performer that will keep the income rolling in.

Switch your buy and your sell! You're selling low and buying high!

Buy: Pash rush, I think they do deliver at times in this game and Von Miller gets that elusive sack.

Sell: Offensive Line, on the flip side I think they get dominated here which will lead to turnovers

Hold: McD, I think he shows balls again but see it backfiring especially once Chiefs are up by 2 scores and predict Chiefs will stuff that predictable Allen tush push play early which swings the game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.