CONFIRMED: UB HC Mo Linguist takes def. assistant position at Alabama!!

From a head coach to a a defensive assistant??? Personally I'm not unhappy Mo's leaving. But he's leaving late in the process. Like when Liepold left us for Kansas, we began our search after other programs hired their guys. Also very bizarre a head coach would leave voluntarily for such a low level position, even at a major program. There's more to this than we know right now.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

14 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Eric Woods could use a part time job.  Or maybe Kelso is done screwing around with race cars.  Or, what's Craig Cirbus up to?

How about Nick Saban? It must boring coaching a top major program. How about taking over a total basket case and seeing how far he could take it? Now that's a challenge.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Reportedly being hired as co-DC/CB coach with Wommack as co-DC/Linebackers Coach.

Wommack was the HC of South Alabama Jaguars, another mid-major program.

Edited by Cynical

• PromoTheRobot changed the title to CONFIRMED: UB HC Mo Linguist takes def. assistant position at Alabama!!

Unfortunately I have not been this down on the UB football and basketball program in a long time

I do not know if I have any faith in who they will hire next

They also have the worst basketball team right now in the country

And this definitely hurts to say as a big bulls fan 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Unfortunately I have not been this down on the UB football and basketball program in a long time

I do not know if I have any faith in who they will hire next

They also have the worst basketball team right now in the country

And this definitely hurts to say as a big bulls fan 

If they are smart they try to go over Andy Kotelnicki but he probably makes too much money already. I told people they should have offered him the job when Leipold left. Continuity in that tree was key to keep it going and they went out to the grocery store at a big program and it failed. If not him go get Chris Simpson and bring him back to UB.

41 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Going to a top program like Bama, he gets the opportunity to basically reboost his resume. It wasn’t working at UB so he downgraded to upgrade to a better job later down the road. Hopefully the AD at UB gets the next HC right. 

You don’t suddenly get leadership? Maurice Linquist was never going to be good enough to be a head coach or a leader of a Division I football program. He is a assistant coach like former Buffalo Bills assistant coach Chuck Lester someone has to get Marv Levy and Chuck Dickerson coffee with no pressure which is fine that is what Maurice Linquist is Chuck Lester making the coaches coffee and donuts runs. Maurice Linquist isn’t a leader of men you don’t suddenly get that. You are a born leader or you aren’t good riddance he sucked as the UB Bulls head coach it saved UB $1.925 million over the next 3 years. UB Bulls also gets $750,000 buyout from Alabama for the UB Bulls version of the “Water Boy” oh I mean “Coffee Boy” because that is what Maurice Linquist is at Alabama. Yes a well paid coffee boy with no real decision making power. No one with any belief in themselves is giving up a head coaching job for an assistant coaching position it’s absurd unless you know deep down your not cut out to be a head coach which is fine good riddance in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Buffalo Super Fan

9 hours ago, Buffalo Super Fan said:

You don’t suddenly get leadership? Maurice Linquist was never going to be good enough to be a head coach or a leader of a Division I football program. He is a assistant coach like former Buffalo Bills assistant coach Chuck Lester someone has to get Marv Levy and Chuck Dickerson coffee with no pressure which is fine that is what Maurice Linquist is Chuck Lester making the coaches coffee and donuts runs. Maurice Linquist isn’t a leader of men you don’t suddenly get that. You are a born leader or you aren’t good riddance he sucked as the UB Bulls head coach it saved UB $1.925 million over the next 3 years. UB Bulls also gets $750,000 buyout from Alabama for the UB Bulls version of the “Water Boy” oh I mean “Coffee Boy” because that is what Maurice Linquist is at Alabama. Yes a well paid coffee boy with no real decision making power. No one with any belief in themselves is giving up a head coaching job for an assistant coaching position it’s absurd unless you know deep down your not cut out to be a head coach which is fine good riddance in my opinion. UB Horns Up! Go Bulls! Let’s Go Buffalo 

UB got a lottery ticket today.  Mo was the worst coach I have ever seen in college football.  I have seen HS coaches better, seriously. 

My question is, does UB really get the 750k?  I thought that was only if he leaves for another HC job.

16 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

UB got a lottery ticket today.  Mo was the worst coach I have ever seen in college football.  I have seen HS coaches better, seriously. 

My question is, does UB really get the 750k?  I thought that was only if he leaves for another HC job.

I'll say. Just getting out from under Mo's contract is a big relief for UB. Getting the buyout would be nice too, but I doubt Bama is paying that.

• 4 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.