"Late" hit on Allen's slide.

wagon127

15 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Bingo!  Some posters can't B word about Allen and McD after this game so they find new ways to throw shade on the Bills.

The point I was trying to make, was is this good for the sport. Milli-second "late" hits, that result in a free 15 yard penalty. Its calls like this, that make people feel the game is fixed, cause the officials can award first downs for plays like this.

3 minutes ago, x-BillzeBubba said:

This just proves he does that little stutter step all the time, and people complaining about a fake slide are ridiculously wrong.

Also, they call that late hit on the slide 90% of the time, so idk what OP is complaining about. He hit him pretty solid. If he didn’t want to get flagged he should have stopped or leapt over the top, which defenders usually do to avoid contact.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, DapperCam said:

This just proves he does that little stutter step all the time, and people complaining about a fake slide are ridiculously wrong.

That is the point of the video, yes.

Allen has a 6 year history of running over, through, and around guys. Rarely avoiding contact. Rarely ever sliding even.

There was no fake slide. There will be no fake slide.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

That is the point of the video, yes.

Allen has a 6 year history of running over, through, and around guys. Rarely avoiding contact. Rarely ever sliding even.

There was no fake slide. There will be no fake slide.

we've all watched him run the ball for what 6yrs now

there is no fake slide-that is the full throttle white man hesi

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Also, they call that late hit on the slide 90% of the time, so idk what OP is complaining about. He hit him pretty solid. If he didn’t want to get flagged he should have stopped or leapt over the top, which defenders usually do to avoid contact.

Yeah, if you read the follows on that tweet, the guy who compiled it states that's his point - those are all jukes, and Allen does them regularly on his runs.

21 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

THANK YOU

@Beck Water

"A Thing of Beauty is a Joy Forever" tm

If we replaced Josh Allen with an RB and promoted that as a compilation of fine runs, no one would be talking about fake slides.  It would be "man, he looks a little awkward but he sure can juke 'em"

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

I never realized how pathetic Steelers fans were until the last couple days.

The way they are complaining (literally everywhere on social media) about officiating, you would have thought this game had the MOST egregious referee errors in the history of pro football.

Saints fans didn't even whine this much after the 2018 NFC Championship and Nickell Robey-Coleman.  Yes folks.  George Pickens getting barely touched on the back... with his team down 14 points with 4 minutes left... and still over 60 yards away from the endzone even with a flag.  THAT was the worst no-call PI ever. 

Then you have the late quarterback hit.  Clear proof the refs were paid off by Terry Pegula.  I mean yeah it was late.  And yeah the league calls that a penalty 95% of the time.  But it wasn't REALLY late and it didn't give the QB a concussion.  So the refs should have just let it go.  I mean it's the playoffs, right?

And also, the refs should have invented a brand-new rule during the game and penalized Josh Allen for executing a "fake" slide.  Because it's just not fair on the defensive players.

These Pittsburgh fans can't be serious.

21 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

What I found hilarious was Myles Jack tackling Diggs on Shakir's TD. As for the late hit on Josh, you had to know they were gonna call that when you saw it

i was yelling for a penalty on jack for that as he jumped on diggs back for that. 

43 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Im complaining that its called 90% of the time. That teams get 15 yards, not because they earned it, but because the defender hits him a millisecond late. Its stuff like this, which makes people question if the NFL is fixed. Im not upset with the bills at all. Its nice to finally get one in our favor. But it could very easily be switched the opposite way in an upcoming game.

• Eyeroll 1

21 hours ago, wagon127 said:

The 4th quarter unnecessary roughness penalty on the Steeelers.

Look, im glad the bills won, and any penalty the Bills get in their favor, I feel is great, after 17 years of us seeing other teams benefit from bad calls. But the NFL needs to really evaluate whats considered a late hit on a QB slide. I really dont think he was hit late on that. I think as Allen starts to slide, the defender has pretty much already left his feet. Allen is still sliding as he gets hit, showing how "not late" it was. 

What do you guys think? Not just thinking about it from the Bills point of view, but football in general. 

and you would be wrong about that

GIqgIDj.png

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

21 hours ago, wagon127 said:

The 4th quarter unnecessary roughness penalty on the Steeelers.

Look, im glad the bills won, and any penalty the Bills get in their favor, I feel is great, after 17 years of us seeing other teams benefit from bad calls. But the NFL needs to really evaluate whats considered a late hit on a QB slide. I really dont think he was hit late on that. I think as Allen starts to slide, the defender has pretty much already left his feet. Allen is still sliding as he gets hit, showing how "not late" it was. 

What do you guys think? Not just thinking about it from the Bills point of view, but football in general. 

I do not agree.  The Pitt player had plenty of time to avoid that hit.  Instead, he launched himself at Allen and tried to take his head off with a forearm.  I thought it was one of the cleanest examples of a late/unnecessary hit on a defenseless player that I have seen.    Just because he missed the head shot does not make it less egregious.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

Im complaining that its called 90% of the time. That teams get 15 yards, not because they earned it, but because the defender hits him a millisecond late. Its stuff like this, which makes people question if the NFL is fixed. Im not upset with the bills at all. Its nice to finally get one in our favor. But it could very easily be switched the opposite way in an upcoming game.

The refs being consistent and calling it a penalty makes you question if the league is fixed ? You do you I guess

FWIW the roughing the passer called on Ed Oliver later in the game was 'weaker' than this one and also an easy call. 

1 hour ago, wagon127 said:

If they call it 90% of the time, then why would it make people question if the NFL is fixed? That would only make sense if they selectively applied the rule, which they don't.

If you want to look at fixing games, look at defensive holding, illegal contact, pass interference, and offensive holding. Penalties that happen almost every play, but only seem to be called when Mahomes needs some help on a failed 3rd and long.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

The above is the late hit.  It's called 100% of the time. 

Absolutely. And that defender had more opportunity than most of those flagged for this to adjust his launch angle and attempt to go over top of Allen. He wanted to deliver that hit.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.