Sorry to say... But Diggs is done.

ShipUPride

58 minutes ago, Murdox said:

Diggs is an elusive route runner and very good at finding space in zones, but he doesn't really have the elite speed or physicality to get consistent separation against many of the top corners of opposing defenses when in man defense.  We need to find that #1 so Diggs can shift over to #2.

Id love to move him inside, but $28M is a lot of cheese for that role. 

3 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

You don't cut a player of value, and Diggs has value

I can see the argument that you take your medicine for a year and deal him and take the cap hit if it nets you something of real value back, but I'm not cutting our best WR by far for nothing except cap space the year after next.

That's insanely stupid

Best receiver? Ain’t no one talking about cutting Shakir. 

Cut Diggs, trade Diggs….whatever. 

Insanely stupid? We are losing with your so called “best receiver” What’s the worst that can happen? We keep losing? Big whoopie doo. 

Edited by BIGFOOTspaceman
  • Vomit 1

Sign Higgins and draft a big fast WR in round 1.

Diggs, Higgins, Shakir, Kincaid, 1st round rookie, Cook... That's a nice offense.

Then sign Henry at RB as a compliment to Cook. Awesome 1 ,2 punch.

Gotta stock the talent at WR so teams need to respect the deep ball 

10 minutes ago, Punch said:

Yes, but he’s not free if we don’t move on. He costs $28M to keep him here. So it’s $3M more to move on that it is to keep him. This is a super important distinction.

Now, we are close against the cap, and that is a fair point. But his contract on its own is movable.  

6 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

Diggs better keep his damn mouth shut this off-season. Bitched about not getting the ball and then routinely drops passes and screws up. Dude ate massive crow with his crap tonight 

Was a media distraction pre season and a distraction at times during the season, even yelling at josh on the sidelines. And tonight when josh and the bills needed him most, he dropped a perfect game winning pass. I didn't see josh throwing a fit at diggs for dropping and absolute dime with the game on the line.

Just off the top of my head I think that's the 4th game winning/tying deep bomb diggs has dropped for the bills. But I'm sure we will hear more chirping this off season 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Sign Higgins and draft a big fast WR in round 1.

Diggs, Higgins, Shakir, Kincaid, 1st round rookie, Cook... That's a nice offense.

Then sign Henry at RB as a compliment to Cook. Awesome 1 ,2 punch.

Gotta stock the talent at WR so teams need to respect the deep ball 

Id actually prefer an aging  Evans if the cost is right. I don’t think it takes “much” to sign him short term compared to other WR numbers. 

That said, I’m irked Diggs didn’t meet with the media after a tough loss…again….

Just now, Mango said:

Id actually prefer an aging  Evans if the cost is right. I don’t think it takes “much” to sign him short term compared to other WR numbers. 

That said, I’m irked Diggs didn’t meet with the media after a tough loss…again….

Evans would be amazing! Guy is a beast.

Diggs and Evans would be an insane combo, with the fastest rookie WR we can find 

Just now, BillMafia716ix said:

Good riddance. High paid player who no shows in the playoffs. Trade em to the highest bidder

It really is crazy, his three playoff games against the Chiefs went for 77, 7, and 21 receiving yards. They are really physical with him.

A post 6/1 Trade may be possible as you would likely still get a good pick for him and free up space in 2024. Most likely he will be with us for one final year.

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

OK, I was asking about this because I didn’t have the stomach to Wade through all the post game stuff.  Did Diggs bail out of the locker room and refuse to make himself available to the press, again?

He doesn’t have to talk, but he’s supposed to be in the locker room during press availability.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It isn't even a difficult catch. I mean this is unbelievably bad.

Wow.  Had his man beat.  Catchable ball is right there.

Yes Diggs had a bad drop. But also, Brady hasn’t been utilizing Diggs to his strength. No coincidence his play declined once Brady took over. It’s not a knock on Brady, I think he’s done a good job. Especially with the running game. 

33 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

It isn't even a difficult catch. I mean this is unbelievably bad.

Really odd he tried to bring it into the body instead of going up with his hands. These types of catches used to be his bread and butter.

47 minutes ago, WEATHER DOT COM said:

Not a number one wideout. Period

This team is a mess going into next season 

This team is far from a mess heading into next season. They will be solid and with the right additions and players returning from injury we will be better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

41 minutes ago, Mango said:

He didn’t but they’re saying he declined to meet with them last week to.  

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I’m sorry for not wading through the postgame thread, but did Diggs actually “cowboy up” and stick around for post game press availability this time?

Or did he flounce out of the stadium like a petulant kid again?

No, he left early. Probably had to run off to call his brother and ask him to demand he be traded again.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.