Sorry to say... But Diggs is done.

ShipUPride

I think that once the season is over, we will likely find out that Diggs had some type of injury that he was playing through when his production started to fall off a bit. Still love the guy & glad he's on our team. Diggs and Josh certainly have been a little out of sync recently though, but the offensive scheme has changed somewhat also since Brady took over where he hasn't been quite as involved as before and they're also running the ball a little bit more. 

Diggs in back to back weeks has had nice games. Even when he had his more quiet stretch of the season he still made many clutch catches for key downs.

Diggs clearly has been banged up this season but he’s still a quality player.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Nuncha said:

What is the ultimate goal?  Win a few games or win a championship?

I do believe that was answered in my first line, the part where I talk about a Super Bowl run as opposed to one single game. Maybe that’s a question you need to ask yourself. Like it or not, if Diggs gets knocked out of the game, and/or future games, because he tried for one extra meaningless yard after the catch, that will inevitably hurt the offense and the whole entire team. So again, big picture=Super Bowl, small picture=one game (meaningless YAC). Play smart=body/team preservation. There are already enough injuries from meaningless plays or after tackle injuries. If a first down is needed or the end zone is right there, I guarantee Diggs will push his body and risk the injury.

5 minutes ago, NY to VA to NV to TX to AZ said:

I do believe that was answered in my first line, the part where I talk about a Super Bowl run as opposed to one single game. Maybe that’s a question you need to ask yourself. Like it or not, if Diggs gets knocked out of the game, and/or future games, because he tried for one extra meaningless yard after the catch, that will inevitably hurt the offense and the whole entire team. So again, big picture=Super Bowl, small picture=one game (meaningless YAC). Play smart=body/team preservation. There are already enough injuries from meaningless plays or after tackle injuries. If a first down is needed or the end zone is right there, I guarantee Diggs will push his body and risk the injury.

Hell we were up 21-0.  Why was Diggs even in the game at that point?  According to your logic, McD should have pulled him to "preserve" him for the next game.  Maybe that's why he comes off the field so often on 3rd down...preservation. Come on man.

Edited by Nuncha

Diggs isn’t going anywhere for the next 2 years so we better hope he isn’t “done”.  Our OCs need to do a better job of scheming him open and he needs more help from the other guys in the WR room.  Shakir has stepped up, but who else is an opponents DC really worried about Davis? Harty? Sherfield? 

Time to move on from Davis, Harty and Sherfield, and get 2 WRs in the draft.  Adonai Mitchell would look great playing the No. 2 

Edited by GASabresIUFan

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Diggs isn’t going anywhere for the next 2 years so we better hope he isn’t “done”.  Our OCs need to do a better job of scheming him open and he needs more help from the other guys in the WR room.  Shakir has stepped up, but who else is an opponents DC really worried about Davis? Harty? Sherfield? 

Time to move on from Harty and Sherfield, and get 2 WRs in the draft.  Adonai Mitchell would look great playing the No. 2 

Harty could be a weapon if used more creatively. 

I'd like to see him run that jet sweep that McKenzie used to.  

13 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Harty could be a weapon if used more creatively. 

I'd like to see him run that jet sweep that McKenzie used to.  

I mean, maybe?  But I think they tried it a few times and he just doesn't have the same quickness/speed

Not to say that there still shouldn't be ways to use him we're missing on.

Stop. The. Nonsense.

Folks need to stop worrying about Stefan Diggs the guy is showing up above and beyond for The Playoffs and will continue to help Buffalo Bills during this run-

• Like (+1) 1

The thought process is fascinating to me. 

- Bills win 6 straight.

- Bills win the Division.

- Bills secure the 2 seed.

- Bills secure home field outside of Baltimore

- Bills win 1st Playoff game with injuries everywhere and Diggs contributing

"What should I post about? ..... oh, I got it! Diggs is done"

Like, how?

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 2

As others already pointed out, the bigger problem is Allen being unable to hit him when he has a man beat deep.

It's not the end of the world, but there have been quite a few times now when Diggs is open, but Allen's off the mark.

Putting my psychologist hat on, maybe earlier in the year Allen went out of his way to force Diggs the ball in hopes of making him happy. You know, just in case. That created a lot of problems, bad passes, and preventable turnovers.

Then as the weeks went on & Josh settled in, started looking elsewhere & found more success. So now when he sees Diggs deep, it's almost unexpected & like he hurries the pass. The timing & connection isn't as second nature as it used to be.

Or I'm full of s*** & Josh is just having some bad luck with the deep ball 🙃

Of all the bad takes…. this one is special is its awfulness. 

Diggs has avoided contact after the catch - as much as possible - since day one. He will not fight for an extra yard, normally, especially when it’s clear he won’t break it for a long gain.

You either hate that or appreciate that this is how he avoids injury. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Nuncha said:

Hell we were up 21-0.  Why was Diggs even in the game at that point?  According to your logic, McD should have pulled him to "preserve" him for the next game.  Maybe that's why he comes off the field so often on 3rd down...preservation. Come on man.

Wow, you are one of those extreme type people, yes you are correct my logic is to pull him out of the game for preservation, precisely what I alluded to you got me. So by your logic then, even though he is about to get thoroughly blasted at the knees or has three different defenders ready to take him out, he should just let it happen on every down, every time he touches the ball, just to get a yard or two to make it second and six rather than second and eight. Maybe that helps you understand how ridiculous you sound. In your job, whatever it is that you do which I imagine has nothing to do with any sort of use of physical anything….try repeatedly falling out of your computer chair deliberately, knowing full well what is going to happen. Smacking your head, getting a concussion, breaking your neck, etc. then come and talk to me about constantly putting your body through something for nothing, one yard or two because some fan says you don’t work hard enough. Up 21 nothing doesn’t win any game when there is still more than half the game left. You sound really reasonable, I bet your significant other really enjoys your all or nothing conversations and arguments. Get lost, don’t waste anymore of my time, you have no logic or understanding. And your whole come on man shtick is really pretty stupid, but I guess that matches your thought processes as well. See ya, don’t waste my time. 

11 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

He’s definitely in the preservation phase of his career.  Fitzpatrick arm tackled him around the waist and Diggs goes down like he took a head shot from ray lewis.  I also didn’t care for the gatorade BS on steelers sideline.  As long as he gets open and catches the ball, it’s fine.  He’s still a good player, but I could do without the antics and pretending to be hurt every time he gets touched.  

Team looked to be limiting his snaps for a reason late this season and the only thing I can think of injury.

That Fitzpatrick tackle looked to be normal but Diggs looked to be in severe pain. So once the season is over imagine we will hear about it. Diggs hasn’t been the same after starting season hot.

Edited by billieve420

8 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Team looked to be limiting his snaps for a reason late this season and the only thing I can think of injury.

That Fitzpatrick tackle looked to be normal but Diggs looked to be in severe pain. So once the season is over imagine we will hear about it. Diggs hasn’t been the same after starting season hot.

I thought he got the air knocked out of him personally

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.