Kansas City at Buffalo in the Divisional Round!

chongli

7 hours ago, eball said:

Question:  when is the last time KC faced a top tier QB on the road and won?  They haven’t even done well against elite QBs at home.  This season they lost to Love at GB, lost to Allen at home, lost to Hurts at home…they beat Tua in Germany and at home, but we know who Tua is…

I just looked at their game splits and this Chiefs team is completely underwhelming.  They finished the regular season on a 5-5 “run” — winning their last two in unimpressive fashion against the Browning Bengals and Hockey Stick Chargers (when everyone was rested).

The last time Mahomes threw for 300 yards?  Against the Chargers in W7.

I think there is an overwhelming sentiment, because of who Mahomes and the Chiefs have been, that they are still an “elite” team.  Do we really believe that their win in an Ice Bowl against the quitting, stinking Fish means they are “back?”  I’d suggest they haven’t played a complete game since W7, and they really have no impressive victories at all this season.

And while we’re at it, let’s talk about turnovers.  The “turnover machine” Josh Allen-led Bills have turned it over 28 times through 18 games…the Chiefs have turned it over 29.

I get it, the Bills’ defense is injury ravaged and we’re all anxious because of our BBFS…but on paper this game doesn’t look like a “pick ‘em” at all.

I’ll never underestimate Mahomes or Kelce, and the Bills need to focus on continuing to shut down the run…but this is our time to end the Chiefs’ run.

Go Bills!!!

15 and 6, Babyyyyyy!!!!!

If there is ever a game where we shock the sports world, it’s this one. 

42-13 Bills. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

Keys to the Game.

#1 Score. The Chiefs are 0-4 when they give up 21 or more. 2-2 when they give up 20, including 0-1 vs Bills.

#2 Turnovers. In their 6 losses KC has committed 13 TOs to 4 takeaways.

#3 Run. KC can be run on, teams that commit to the run & rush for 118 yards are 6-2 vs the Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

53 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

doh!

I'm glad it was clear to you.  The way McDermott worded it "Phillips 21 day return window opens today", created confusion for me and possibly others.  He coulda worded it more clearly.  But he's got a lot of other stuff on his mind.

13 minutes ago, wjag said:

Boy Nicky Wright is losing his mind over the fact that the Bills are favored. 

Question:  When did he find it (Nick Wright find his mind I mean)?  And while we're at it, How Would We Tell?

28 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Logic has been one of the most reasoned posters in the last few years. I think he's just having some fun.

Though for real, imagine if we could go back to the run up for Week One and told this board "Hey, you are all are going to be desperate for Terrell Bernard to be ready to play in the playoffs"

I would have thought me was out of his mind! (I might be, just not for that reason)

I'm right there witcha.  Before the season, if anyone had told me Bernard would be the Toast of our D I'd have been "wait wat?"

Edited by Beck Water

1 hour ago, SaulGoodman said:

They've had their struggles with drops/penalties/turnovers at times, but this KC roster is better than last season's. The defense is much better than last year's or any defense in the Mahomes era, and the biggest difference in personnel on the offensive side is swapping Smith-Schuster for Rice, which is looking like a huge upgrade right now. Plus, Mahomes isn't playing with a high ankle sprain this time. 

None of this guarantees anything, but the narrative that the roster is weak isn't accurate. 

Oh I agree.  I think people under estimate KC skill positions.  Rice is very good.  As is Pacheco.  Kelce is still a great TE.

Is Taron Johnson being limited (rather than DNP) an indication that he has progressed through at least 1 of the protocol stages?

Also... I understand this was a walkthrough practice today. If it was an actual practice would he have been more likely to be listed as DNP? 

1 minute ago, NI Bills Fan said:

Is Taron Johnson being limited (rather than DNP) an indication that he has progressed through at least 1 of the protocol stages?

Also... I understand this was a walkthrough practice today. If it was an actual practice would he have been more likely to be listed as DNP? 

1.) Yes, but keep in mind the stages aren't based on time.  Somone can stay at a given stage for a long time.

2.) The official story with walkthroughs is that the team estimates what the player would've done in a real practice.  In the case of concussions, where there's a formal protocol in place, I think it's pretty clear-cut that LP means he would've practiced in some capacity.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Nope. Realistically probably would have been the chargers if he played in the final week.

So we can be the first team to beat him twice in his career and the second win sends him home. I love the sound of that. 

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dorquemada said:

like 5% of the posters there are good, as in they have a realistic view of their team and this game.  The rest are sociopaths who are focusing their mental illness (one might say projecting!) onto this game.  I bet the incidence of domestic violence is a few standard deviations above average for that crew, matched with room temp IQs and a web 1.0 design make that place painful.  But hey they have lots of colorful descriptions of what they are going to do sexually to the Bills so there's that I guess.

They're all butthurt now and still trying to convince people that The Bills "stole" the Shout song, without giving any sort of proof whatsoever. Also still insisting that KC is a far better City than Buffalo. Sorry, on my list of places to travel, or really anyone's, nobody is purposely booking a trip to beautiful Kansas City, Missouri. 

Back to this game though, if we don't win, be prepared for a long week of unfair narratives to Josh(unless he has a bad game) that he cannot "slay the dragon", and it will all be on him, but the unfortunate thing for us is the injuries on defense. The timing could not be worse!! I hope the crowd gets loud and crazy, like they did at the Dallas game, and doesn't lose their energy.

If Douglas and Dodson are back that is great! Add in Klein for reps too and we should be good. Bernard would be cherry on top.

Taron is the big Question at this point.

Man... I can't wait for this one. I think we gonna pound them chickens baaaaaad! Let Joe Cook!

• Like (+1) 2

we should throw frog legs on the field at Kermit. Kinda like the Red Wings throw Octopus on the ice. There is a sale at wegmans on frog legs. I'll get a bunch and distribute at the toke party pre-game.

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Baldy after the regular season game on part of the Chiefs strategy

Thanks for posting this. Have fun with that one KC... He's comin for ya Kermit!!!

7 hours ago, eball said:

Question:  when is the last time KC faced a top tier QB on the road and won?  They haven’t even done well against elite QBs at home.  This season they lost to Love at GB, lost to Allen at home, lost to Hurts at home…they beat Tua in Germany and at home, but we know who Tua is…

I just looked at their game splits and this Chiefs team is completely underwhelming.  They finished the regular season on a 5-5 “run” — winning their last two in unimpressive fashion against the Browning Bengals and Hockey Stick Chargers (when everyone was rested).

The last time Mahomes threw for 300 yards?  Against the Chargers in W7.

I think there is an overwhelming sentiment, because of who Mahomes and the Chiefs have been, that they are still an “elite” team.  Do we really believe that their win in an Ice Bowl against the quitting, stinking Fish means they are “back?”  I’d suggest they haven’t played a complete game since W7, and they really have no impressive victories at all this season.

And while we’re at it, let’s talk about turnovers.  The “turnover machine” Josh Allen-led Bills have turned it over 28 times through 18 games…the Chiefs have turned it over 29.

I get it, the Bills’ defense is injury ravaged and we’re all anxious because of our BBFS…but on paper this game doesn’t look like a “pick ‘em” at all.

I’ll never underestimate Mahomes or Kelce, and the Bills need to focus on continuing to shut down the run…but this is our time to end the Chiefs’ run.

Go Bills!!!

15 and 6, Babyyyyyy!!!!!

I know I was in a bit of freakout mode yesterday but I am calming down a bit.

I noticed through the season some of the things that you pointed out when it came to "struggling Bills" narratives vs the "elite" Chiefs but you are putting them all together.

• Like you said, "Mr. Turnover" Josh Allen and "GOAT" Mahomes have very close splits this year in TD/INT: 29/18 for Josh and 27/14 for Mahomes (disregarding Allen's 15 rushing touchdowns)
  • The Chief's elite D is 2nd is points allowed...and the Bills are 4th. The Bills allow 10 more yards per game.
  • Bills are 6th in Points per game scores while the Chiefs are 15th. 5th in rushing while the Chiefs are 18th, but we should worry about being outmuscled by the Chiefs.
  • The Bills struggled against inferior opponents after the Cowboys, barely beating the Chargers and Patriots and Dolphins while the Chiefs...lost to the Packers, lost the Bills and lost to the Raiders while not looking like world beaters vs the eliminated Pats and Bengals.

Plus, as people have pointed out: Allen and the Bills went through their gauntlet and gelled. The Chiefs defense, impressive as it is, drops in effectiveness when they don't have the record sound at Arrowhead drowning out play calls.

Out of those 3-3 splits (but 0-2 in the playoffs!) media heads have been harping on 5 out of 6 were in Arrowhead. The one game in Buffalo was in October 2020, (someone correct me if I am wrong) a brisk clear day in an empty stadium with no fans. Mahomes has never played at Highmark with Bills fans allowed in.   Mahomes has never played a road AFC playoff game with a hostile crowd. This is a sold out playoff game where Bills Mafia is going to be out of its mind.

Now, it's far from a sure thing, but the more I see the more I am settling down.

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SaulGoodman said:

Not saying the Bills shouldn't be confident, especially at home, but I wouldn't say that KC isn't very good. They have Reid, Mahomes, Kelce, Rice, Pacheco, a pretty good OL and an elite defense. That's nothing to sneeze at. They've had an absurd number of dropped passes and errors this year, but the main culprits either won't be on the field or won't get many targets (Toney, Moore, MVS). Since that Raiders debacle a month ago, they've simplified the offense and it's been more effective since. 

Nah...they suck.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

we should throw frog legs on the field at Kermit. Kinda like the Red Wings throw Octopus on the ice. There is a sale at wegmans on frog legs. I'll get a bunch and distribute at the toke party pre-game.

Thanks for posting this. Have fun with that one KC... He's comin for ya Kermit!!!

Hopefully the Bills has a better answer this time around.

With the defensive injuries, 20 points probably isn't going to do it.

If the Chiefs only send 3 rushers, we need to have more success in the running game.  And Josh needs to be more patient in waiting for people to come open.

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Stop before you end up in FIlthyBeast territory.  What he does isn't critical of the Bills its outright dog**** trolling.  He has been doing it since way back when the Bills official forums were still alive. He would constantly get banned there and make new accounts it was so bad.  The dude isn't critical of the Bills.  Just an outright hater.  If you can't see the difference then you need to wake up.  This guys is not worth defending and it's not the ledge you want to stand on.

I'll take your word for it. To be honest, I'm not familiar with him. I kind of stay clear of the whole situation. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.