Tony Romo

newcam2012

I really like Romo's commentary generally. But today, & yes this is a petty criticism, he was hyping up the Steelers offense and Rudolph when they were driving saying they had found something, but completely leaving out that the something was we were missing 5 starters. That's a Chris Collinsworthy thing to do & I was a bit disappointed & annoyed (I get he was hyping the game, which is part of the job). But overall I agree he's the best commentator out there IMO 

• Like (+1) 1

i love that romo analyzes why a play went wrong, he scrutinizes reviews well, and why a penalty was or wasn't called. and he calls what he sees, for better or worse. as far as josh goes, ya he loves him. if you aren't a bills fan you are definitely complaining about the way he slobbers all over him. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

The combo of Romo and Nantz are my top commentary team.   I guess people just got annoyed listening to Romo but I’d much rather hear him over that tool Chris Collingsworth any day.  

I’m also a big fan of Kevin Harlan and Trent Green.  I remember Harlan was one of the lower ranking teams and he always drew Bills games during the end of the drought.  He made those game fun.  

I agree. I also like Olsen too. He's good with the X's and O's 

1 minute ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Nothing against Nance but Harlan is the best play by play guy.  I would like him paired with romo.  

you could argue that harlan is better than nantz, but nantz and romo have a good thing going together. nantz should get to go out with that team if he wants. 

Just now, Man with No Name said:

you could argue that harlan is better than nantz, but nantz and romo have a good thing going together. nantz should get to go out with that team if he wants. 

I agree they are a good pairing. Harlan deserves the spotlight somewhere.  Maybe Thursday night eventually. 

14 minutes ago, H2o said:

Just wait until next week when Mahomes is our opposing QB. He will be insufferable again.  

I’m not worried at all about Romo complimenting Mahomes because there will be such little room for it with Collinsworth permanently attached to Patrick’s scrote.

Edited by K-9
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Nantz taking about being stuck in the hotel like the shining made me laugh

And Romo as the reason for the Pitt time out with 2 seconds left. "Someone had to go to the bathroom".

He and Nantz have good chemistry, and I like his rumblings and enthusiasm. People like to critique over nothing.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thrivefourfive said:

He talks a lot. I can do without the “That could be the play of the game, Jim!” on like an incompletion on 2&5 in the first quarter.

I’ll take him over talk-laughing Aikman and Colinsworth. And I do like that Allen messes with Nantz and is always right on top of his silly jokes. Tonight, Nantz was waxing on The Shining, which was nice. 

Oh my goodness yes. Of course that is the must have down Tony. They're losing by more than 7. He's just overly excited for no reason. I get it that he's trying to add something to a game that other commentators normally don't, but it's quite annoying. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.