Fake Slide should be 15 yard penalty

Zerovoltz

Anywho that wasn’t a fake slide.  He slowed down and probably thought about sliding but at no point did he start to go down into a slide.  And even if it was a fake slide (which it in no way was), how did it cause the defender to bounce off of him?  It was a juke and a missed tackle and you’re being a troll.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Great. Look man, I normally don’t have any issues at all with your posts and appreciate your contributions as a Chiefs fan to this board, you’ve been around awhile—but this is not the hill to die on. Coming to the board to lecture/troll us about the nuances of Josh’s supposed sliding shenanigans is over the top, especially right after a hard fought win where he played like the lion dog that he is. Let us enjoy this for 24 hours, and then we can all go back to good natured back and forth leading into the game. Fair enough? 

I'm not trying to diminish the greatness of Josh Allen.  He's awesome.  I think that was a fake....alot of people (outside Buffalo) do.  I'd like to see this aspect removed from the game.  the slide is a rule to protect the QB...and it shouldn't be exploited by anyone.  I understand the late hits on slides are judgement calls and sometimes the defender just can't stop...other times they are tyring to get a shot in.  I get that Mahomes benefits from this rule on the sideline because players don't want get the 15 yard penalty and Mahomes will get an extra 5 out that circumstance.  

Congratulations on the win.  I am excited for the upcoming game adn I know the mafia is fired up to be hosting this in Buffalo.  Should be a fun week leading up to the game.  I'm looking forward to seeing Mahomes on the road for the first time in the playoffs.  Hopefully there won't be any bad calls etc that swing the game one way or the other and it's settled on the field.

• Vomit 1

22 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I never said that Mahomes should get away with fake slides.  I think fake slides should be a penalty.  SOME of the replies here acknowledge that what Allen did was a fake slide but then just say it's fine because Mahoems does fake slides.  I'm not defending fake slides no matter who does them.

Who besides you said he did a fake slide?  I'm keeping a "special" list.

I'm seeing 14 pages and counting of people laughing at you and "acknowledging" that you have destroyed your credibility around here.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I'm not trying to diminish the greatness of Josh Allen.  He's awesome.  I think that was a fake....alot of people (outside Buffalo) do.  I'd like to see this aspect removed from the game.  the slide is a rule to protect the QB...and it shouldn't be exploited by anyone.  I understand the late hits on slides are judgement calls and sometimes the defender just can't stop...other times they are tyring to get a shot in.  I get that Mahomes benefits from this rule on the sideline because players don't want get the 15 yard penalty and Mahomes will get an extra 5 out that circumstance.  

Congratulations on the win.  I am excited for the upcoming game adn I know the mafia is fired up to be hosting this in Buffalo.  Should be a fun week leading up to the game.  I'm looking forward to seeing Mahomes on the road for the first time in the playoffs.  Hopefully there won't be any bad calls etc that swing the game one way or the other and it's settled on the field.

Way to backtrack.

Whiny Chiefs fan who calls Josh Allen's play "garbage" but doesn't for Mahomes.

Piss off.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I’d like to understand where “deception” or aspect of a fake limits apply in your logic.  If the goal is to stop people from taking advantage of a rule where the result is a stoppage, do you want to remove fake spikes and fake kneel downs as well?  Or does it only matter for a move that Allen pulled off today and benefited from?

2 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Lolll ultimate troll job I applaud you sir…no one on the Steelers thought he was sliding there he was clearly loading up to truck a defender after juking…then when he very clearly was sliding later in the game they hit him late 

I do think they could be a little more lenient on the sliding qb late hits but there was no universe where that was a fake slide

I clearly saw the DB bounce off of Josh trying to tackle him

9 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

It would be impossible to enforce as a rule.  Because of plays like that - Allen slowed down but never started to dip.  You’re just using a bad example for a rule that would be impossible to implement.  And you’re doing it right after a huge win for this fanbase.  

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Oh please, 🙄 it may be his best play of the game and you came here to imply it should have been taken away and that he got it by pretending to give himself up.

But let's look at all of Allen's fake slides.

I mean it's got to suck being a running QB, I guess you're not allowed to manipulate pursuit angles at all.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 2

He never even faked going to the ground. It was more of a stutter step, almost stopped because he thought he was going to get hit, didn’t get hit and went to the endzone. A few DB’s made a business decision.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

Allen with the blatant fake slide on the long run, then later draws a 15 yard penalty on a late hit on slide where the defender didn't hit his head.....but can you blame him for going for the tackle based on the fake earlier?  

The slide is a play intended to protect the QB, not to do what Allen did.  That was garbage.

Nick Wright? Is that you?

GTFOH

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

You know how it will be a fun week? Disappear forever. 

Edited by LabattBlue
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 4th&long said:

He never even faked going to the ground. It was more of a stutter step, almost stopped because he thought he was going to get hit, didn’t get hit and went to the endzone. A few DB’s made a business decision.

You have to be a complete moron not to see this

Fake sliding should be a penalty as well as faking going out of bounds. It’s an exploit and the definition of unsportsmanlike. 

The first time I even considered whether or not josh did that on the play was when I read the op. I think it was just a great run 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Who besides you said he did a fake slide?  I'm keeping a "special" list.

I'm seeing 14 pages and counting of people laughing at you and "acknowledging" that you have destroyed your credibility around here.

I don't think it was a fake slide to the extent that a pump fake is a fake throw,  but at full speed, the way he slowed up and slightly leaned back as defenders were converging, in real time,  it had some gamesmanship to it. I figured he was seriously considering beginning to slide then when the defense hesitated, he saw the opening and opportunity to hit the gas. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I will say that Zerovoltz has been a respectable Chiefs fan on these boards. Far better than any Bengals supporter.

But with this post, he has clearly crossed the line into troll. What an absurd thread

Edited by buffblue
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, wakingfane said:

I don't think it was a fake slide to the extent that a pump fake is a fake throw,  but at full speed, the way he slowed up and slightly leaned back as defenders were converging, in real time,  it had some gamesmanship to it. I figured he was seriously considering beginning to slide then when the defense hesitated, he saw the opening and opportunity to hit the gas. 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Josh Allen has been running like that for six seasons

He slows down to cut

At no point does he dip like he's about to start sliding... In fact to Pittsburgh defenders hit him after and did not tackle him

Maybe they should learn to tackle because nothing Josh did besides being Superman impacted that play

• Agree 2