Congratulations Miami

3 hours ago, fergie's ire said:

It's interesting that in the same market the Florida Panthers had a high flying offense that was super exciting to watch....during the regular season.  But against good teams, especially in the playoffs, they struggled.  So, they took a President's Trophy winning team and blew it up....fired the coach traded away a star player and completely changed how they played.  People thought they were insane.  They struggled in the regular season, barely made the playoffs, and then made the Stanley Cup final.  Will Miami do something like that?  No chance.  Should they?  Maybe.  Unless they can find a way for this offense to win against good teams they could end up a great regular season team that never goes anywhere.

It’s so difficult to imagine a “tough” Dolphins team ever again. It’s been 50 years since they had a tough team, and even that was a No Name defense. 

I’m gonna say it - Tyreek Hill is their toughest employee. And he’s only tough because he beats pregnant women. 

3 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

In 11 wins, literally ONE of them was against a team with a winning record… and they juuust squeaked by in it. That says a lot about who the Miami Dolphins are when it comes to being contenders.

Pretty funny to visit finheaven now. So many of the recent threads and comments are about the Bills, attacking the city of Buffalo, Josh Allen, etc. Living rent free in their heads is exactly where we wanna be!

I believe at halftime of the Bills game they showed the stat that Miami is 11-0 this season with a halftime lead. (Now 11-1.) 

Stat nerds need to be placed in a special category: useful but not truth. That stat says more about Miami being 0-6 when trailing at half time and therefore being a very weak team, a staff that can’t adjust, it goes on.. Also says that Buffalo is a different animal. You’re 11-0 because you haven’t been up at the half against the Bills,,, yet. 

Miami is stat fueled, which I think is extremely flawed. Stats hit on the past, and don’t take into account that after this next game the stats will tell a different story. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I get not liking another team but they take it epic levels of personal.  Trashing the city of Buffalo, the women who live here and going in on Josh Allen like they wouldn't take him in a frickin heartbeat.   They also seem like one of the more uneducated group of football fans I've ever seen.  They legitimately thought McDaniel had secret plays for last night he was saving just for the playoffs. 

They watch the NFL like it's a Disney movie and they are the scrappy underdogs who will pull it out in the end.

I agree, I dont like to generalize so I always want to say it is not all of them.   With that in mind, there seems to be an odd percentage of dolphin fans who are strictly keyboard warrior trolls.   There is a huge online community for that franchise, look a the fan voting for pro bowl for instance, the leaders were half the Dolphins team.  Then consider the amount of Blls fans who were able to get tickets for one of their most important home games in decades last week.  It is kind of weird.   They more than take it personal, they seem like their mission in life is to invent new ways to insult Bills fans, Bills players and the city of Buffalo, it is sad.

Edited by Matt_In_NH
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Did you hear the Assaulter in the post game?

Waxing on about how this had been a very successful season and that he was looking forward to returning for another one. And that at least the WRs played very well.

What a loser.

What did they run really well as they didn't get the ball?

5 hours ago, BRH said:

This was posted before the Ravens game.  How was the OP supposed to know the Dolphins would ***** the bed three times in a row against legitimate teams with the stakes being higher every week? 🤣

I mean if they're a Dolphins fan, past experience I mean they've done consistently the last several years, hell look it up and an article from 2015 pops up.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/why-do-the-miami-dolphins-collapse-late-in-the-season

4 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

In 11 wins, literally ONE of them was against a team with a winning record… and they juuust squeaked by in it. That says a lot about who the Miami Dolphins are when it comes to being contenders.

Pretty funny to visit finheaven now. So many of the recent threads and comments are about the Bills, attacking the city of Buffalo, Josh Allen, etc. Living rent free in their heads is exactly where we wanna be!

In that game the Cowboys scored more TDs than the Dolphins, that's how bad that win was.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

It’s so difficult to imagine a “tough” Dolphins team ever again. It’s been 50 years since they had a tough team, and even that was a No Name defense. 

I’m gonna say it - Tyreek Hill is their toughest employee. And he’s only tough because he beats pregnant women. 

They don’t have, Csonka,  or anyone that mean and tuff on that entire team. 

13 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

I did chuckle a little, but honestly until we beat the Chiefs in the playoffs and make it to a Super Bowl ourselves with this coaching regime, I’m not talking any smack.

I'll talk smack all day.  Regardless of SB, we still have one of the best teams in the league.

12 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Does anyone want to do a health check on “Filthybeast”  lol 😆 

I did that last night.  After talking Miami trash all year for the SB, he went back to "I told you all the chiefs would turn it on in the playoffs" and more Bills suck trash and will get owned if they even make it past Pittsburg.

Edited by Scott7975

4 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I am not into the "giving flowers" thing but your sentiment is exactly how I feel.  Their fans are so over-reactive and hate any Bills or Bills fans.   Generally they have no grip on reality.  Constant talk of no class in Bills mafia but then say the most putrid things.   

This... It's not even the team or coaches that I can't stand.  It's their nasty fans.

3 hours ago, Radar said:

Are we really any better? 

Yes we are.  You probably don't see the trash they talked on twitter all season long.  I dont even follow any of them and they completely filled my feed with nasty trash garbage

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

This... It's not even the team or coaches that I can't stand.  It's their nasty fans.

I don't think this is a hot take, but I enjoy the division WAY more when both the Bills & Dolphins are good (using "good" loosely here).

During the 2 decades before Allen, there weren't many AFCE rivalries to get excited about, and certainly none involving Buffalo.

The Dolphins & Pats had moments, but it was more of a "Brady doesn't beat us quite AS often as he beats the Bills & Jets." Rex Ryan tried to get things going with the Jets & Bills, but he was mostly a paper tiger.

But when having both the Bills & Dolphins finish #1 & #2 atop the division for 3 straight seasons & both making the postseason the last 2, it's really made the fans start investing in the division, inflamed the back-and-forth banter and has the players keeping receipts!

All waaaaay more fun for fans than simply starting each year saying "Ok, we're already down 0-2 because of the Pats, so we just need to go 10-4 from here!" 😅

• Agree 1

glad Miami lost,  but lets be honest here,  they were barely a team at the end.  nearly everybody of any importance was injured or completely out.  Fins were down 5 LBs,  thats crazy.    theyre still a dangerous team.  we'll see how things go if they pay Tua.  add in very little draft capital,  and its gonna be rough for them,  which is fine with me.  still tons of talent when not injured.

also,  Finsheaven is a cesspool,  nearly on par with the Chefs forum.   some really terrible people there.

Edited by bigduke6
  • Haha (+1) 1

Not gonna lie, I’ve enjoyed watching the downfall of Miami this season only because their fans and media members have been so obnoxious about the “revolutionary” offense that “couldn’t be stopped.”

Everyone points to the TEN loss as the turning point of the season, but I think it was week 3 Buffalo.   Sean McDermott wrote the blueprint how to stop Miami, which every team followed.  The teams that had the personnel to emulate, usually won.  

Now there’s major questions about both HC and QB and I think Miami’s only option to run it back with both in 2024.  

I think McDaniel is a really good offensive schemer but still has a lot of questions as a HC.

Then there’s Tua who I feel McDaniel really propped up with his scheme.   But he consistently struggles when you take away his first read and defend the middle of the field.  

It’s a completely 180 from earlier in the season.  Not a great position to be in

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

glad Miami lost,  but lets be honest here,  they were barely a team at the end.  nearly everybody of any importance was injured or completely out.  Fins were down 5 LBs,  thats crazy.    theyre still a dangerous team.  we'll see how things go if they pay Tua.  add in very little draft capital,  and its gonna be rough for them,  which is fine with me.  still tons of talent when not injured.

also,  Finsheaven is a cesspool,  nearly on par with the Chefs forum.   some really terrible people there.

I don't think defensive injuries were an excuse.   The Fins' defense didn't lose that game for them.   They forced the Chiefs to kick 4 FGs!   The Fins' offense scored only 1 TD.   After Hill caught his TD pass, he never made another big play thanks to the Chiefs' DB -- McDuffie, I think.   I think Waddle had one chunk pass play, and Wilson had another one.  The Fins' run game was ineffective.  The Fins didn't convert a third down until late into the third quarter, or maybe even into the fourth quarter.   The Fins offense has disappeared in the second half against the Cowboys, the Ravens, the Bills twice, and the Chiefs yesterday.

• Like (+1) 1

Miami is going to continue being a challenge to Buffalo for the AFC East crown.  They struggled down the stretch, but McDaniel and their GM know that and will be looking for ways to enable the Dolphins to finish out the season.  Buffalo had issues of their own this season.  They finished strong, record wise, but the offense for the most part hadn't really been clicking through about the last half to two thirds of the season.  Beane and McDermott understand that and, like Miami will be looking for ways to address the problems they had.  Whichever team is more successful is the one that will win more AFC East crowns in the future, unless, of course the Jets figure out how to right their completely swamped ship of New England can quickly rebuild their franchise. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoTier said:

I don't think defensive injuries were an excuse.   The Fins' defense didn't lose that game for them.   They forced the Chiefs to kick 4 FGs!   The Fins' offense scored only 1 TD.   After Hill caught his TD pass, he never made another big play thanks to the Chiefs' DB -- McDuffie, I think.   I think Waddle had one chunk pass play, and Wilson had another one.  The Fins' run game was ineffective.  The Fins didn't convert a third down until late into the third quarter, or maybe even into the fourth quarter.   The Fins offense has disappeared in the second half against the Cowboys, the Ravens, the Bills twice, and the Chiefs yesterday.

And let's be clear that TD was a gift, the pass should have been picked off, knocked down at the very least, tackled for damn sure, a TD was laughable.

9 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Miami is going to continue being a challenge to Buffalo for the AFC East crown.  They struggled down the stretch, but McDaniel and their GM know that and will be looking for ways to enable the Dolphins to finish out the season.  Buffalo had issues of their own this season.  They finished strong, record wise, but the offense for the most part hadn't really been clicking through about the last half to two thirds of the season.  Beane and McDermott understand that and, like Miami will be looking for ways to address the problems they had.  Whichever team is more successful is the one that will win more AFC East crowns in the future, unless, of course the Jets figure out how to right their completely swamped ship of New England can quickly rebuild their franchise. 

It all depends on their schedule, they'll beat up on bad teams especially early in the season at home. They'll continue to lose to good teams and fade in the fall and winter.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Big Turk said:

They are mostly easy to defend on offense once you figure out what they are trying to do in the game.

Defensively they are porous. Bills easily could have had a similar score to the first game if they would have stopped shooting themselves in the foot.

Their defense is not physical.  It’s that simple. They did not want to tackle anyone on KC last night.  Defense is a mindset.  They don’t have it.  We do. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.