Congratulations Miami

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea AJ and DK streets ahead of a Mike Williams. The other two still potential. Watson needs to stay healthy. Johnstone needs to prove it. He has been disappointing as a rookie.

Johnston was, especially with injuries to Williams and Allen. But that was the knock in the draft - not ready yet. Watson needs to improve on being an all around receiver, like winning jump balls. But man does he flash. The Packers are LOADED at receiver HAHA cracks me up because when Rodgers was there the receiver room was always a question mark.

AJ and DK do it with less than great passer talent. Imagine them with guys like Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Stroud. 

6 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

😆

Is that what Elam is supposed to be? 🤭

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Johnston was, especially with injuries to Williams and Allen. But that was the knock in the draft - not ready yet. Watson needs to improve on being an all around receiver, like winning jump balls. But man does he flash. The Packers are LOADED at receiver HAHA cracks me up because when Rodgers was there the receiver room was always a question mark.

AJ and DK do it with less than great passer talent. Imagine them with guys like Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Stroud. 

I was a huge Watson guy. He has flashed. His issue is staying on the field. I was a bit less of a Johnston guy. The thing with him was he always played smaller than his size. For such a big guy he was bad above the rim. Way too many body catches. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I was a huge Watson guy. He has flashed. His issue is staying on the field. I was a bit less of a Johnston guy. The thing with him was he always played smaller than his size. For such a big guy he was bad above the rim. Way too many body catches. 

I didn’t know that about Johnston. If that catch radius isn’t there then he’s just another Mike Williams, do you think? I would downgrade Herbert if that’s the case. In fact, Herbert is going to lose everything very quickly here, and his OLine still stinks. 

2 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

I didn’t know that about Johnston. If that catch radius isn’t there then he’s just another Mike Williams, do you think? I would downgrade Herbert if that’s the case. In fact, Herbert is going to lose everything very quickly here, and his OLine still stinks. 

So I think he has speed that Williams doesn't have which allows him to win downfield but he doesn't play about the rim or win contested catches the way Williams can. Almost what you really want is them to mate and have a baby wide receiver with the best bits of both and that guy would be a top 10 receiver..... I failed biology class btw.

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

So I think he has speed that Williams doesn't have which allows him to win downfield but he doesn't play about the rim or win contested catches the way Williams can. Almost what you really want is them to mate and have a baby wide receiver with the best bits of both and that guy would be a top 10 receiver..... I failed biology class btw.

No, I think you’ve got it. This is California. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.