Another interesting Allen stat

Buffalo716

I was just perusing the list of most touchdowns in a single season in NFL history

They have the top 20 on the list...  Our very own Josh Allen makes four appearances inside the top 20 for most touchdowns scored in a single season

He's not even 28 years old yet! Absolutely not in the prime of his career... And he is almost 20% of a legendary list

Josh Allen is going to have the most touchdowns in NFL history

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He may very well do that. 

But based on the way he plays, I think he is in the prime of his career right now. Don’t think it’s reasonable to expect the longevity of Brady or even Manning for Josh based on all the hits he takes.

I hope I’m wrong.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Will all depend on how many years he plays. Brady played a lot of years. He’s off to a great start though. The fastest start ever. 

Josh does feel like a cheat code though. He has a nice 2+ TD streak going. He seems nearly automatic for at least 40 TD’s every year. I was thinking this year even with the 2+ TD streak, he really didn’t benefit from as many 4+ TD games as we had seen from him in some of his previous seasons. So still room for improvement next season.

6 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

But based on the way he plays, I think he is in the prime of his career right now. Don’t think it’s reasonable to expect the longevity of Brady or even Manning for Josh based on all the hits he takes.

I hope I’m wrong.  

Sure he takes hits... Most of his injuries have happened inside the pocket

Getting hit by 300 lb growing men stationary...

When he gets outside the pocket he's taking on 210 lb defensive backs that he's bigger than and basically just as fast... He's going to hurt them more than they're going to hurt him honestly

Guys get up slow from Josh Allen's collisions

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Josh Allen might increase the real estate in Buffalo.  I mean, he could be trending in the GOAT status if, I mean when he wins multiple Super Bowls.

Will you buy a house in Buffalo so we can be neighbors

We can toss a baseball around 😂

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Haha (+1) 1

Mahomes has the most total Td’s through a QB’s first sevens seasons, 231. Allen has the most total TD’s through a QB’s first six seasons, 221. 

Stat Muse

In all likelihood Allen will take over the seven season record in week 4 or 5 next season. Within a few more seasons he could be setting the annual record a full season ahead of the current record holder. 

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Mahomes has the most total Td’s through a QB’s first sevens seasons, 231. Allen has the most total TD’s through a QB’s first six seasons, 221. 

Stat Muse

In all likelihood Allen will take over the seven season record in week 4 or 5 next season. Within a few more seasons he could be setting the annual record a full season ahead of the current record holder. 

Of course, Mahomes didn't really play his first season in the NFL.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, MJS said:

Of course, Mahomes didn't really play his first season in the NFL.

But Mahomes still had more TDs than anyone in history, even guys who played their rookie year.

Allen is not just beating Mahomes but Brady, Marino, Montana, Elway, etc etc.

Incredible. That’s my quarterback!

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

I hope I’m wrong.  

I disagree, I look at him as a Big Ben/Elway Hybrid on steroids, both guys had success late in career , especially Elway, if he relied on speed and agility like Lamar, I'd agree but he relies more on instincts and size imo and his legs will always be a weapon and part of his game

10 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I was just perusing the list of most touchdowns in a single season in NFL history

They have the top 20 on the list...  Our very own Josh Allen makes four appearances inside the top 20 for most touchdowns scored in a single season

He's not even 28 years old yet! Absolutely not in the prime of his career... And he is almost 20% of a legendary list

Brady has 677(passing and rushing).  Josh who will be 28 starting next season has 221(passing, rushing & receiving).  Not impossible, but highly improbable.  

11 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

im not sure “not in the prime of his career yet” is fair. If not in that range now, when would he be?

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.