Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

9 minutes ago, Dirtyd415 said:

Moving it to the Meadowlands would have been the correct decision 

That would suck for most fans but I personally would not have minded that since it's half the drive for me.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

It sounds like the NY officials knew it is an advantage for the Bills to play at home in the playoffs ,and lobbied for the game to be rescheduled rather than played elsewhere. 

It’s 6-1 half a dozen to me, we lose rest and prep time now (if we win) 

7 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

That’s not what was being considered though. It would have been Atlanta if they had changed the site.

No fans for either team, plus a huge $$$ loss for the Bills. On the other hand I want to see Josh & Co. cook in ideal conditions.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

That would suck for most fans but I personally would not have minded that since it's half the drive for me.

And we wouldn’t lose 36 hours of rest going into the next round, should we win

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

I thought I read that Steelers were planning to fly in sometime today.  It looks like most flights are cancelled at the Buffalo airport website.  What the heck happens if they can't get here?

They forfeit? 

The Muppet Show Muppets GIF by Muppet Wiki

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

It sounds like the NY officials knew it is an advantage for the Bills to play at home in the playoffs ,and lobbied for the game to be rescheduled rather than played elsewhere. 

I question whether snow and cold is any real advantage to us, especially against a fellow cold weather team. We are not a power offense.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

It would’ve been an interesting crowd. 

Steelers are a national fanbase and the Bills have a ton of fans within driving distance of Atlanta. 

We know Allen can throw in weather.  We’ll see if Rudolph can.  And an inside game would definitely allow them to target Dane Jackson if Douglas can’t go. 

And without Davis, the deep shots may have been limited, but Allen should have time without Watt out there. 

Anyway.. it’s not happening, and it seems we want it that way .. so just don’t complain about the lack of rest.  Beat the Steelers and then beat the Chiefs at home.  

Nobody is going to care about any of this if an option was provided by the league for today. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No fans for either team, plus a huge $$$ loss for the Bills. On the other hand I want to see Josh & Co. cook in ideal conditions.

with our team would rather have Atlanta and more rest.  indoor would favor us

1 minute ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

They forfeit? 

The Muppet Show Muppets GIF by Muppet Wiki

could they take a bus?

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

I question whether snow and cold is any real advantage to us, especially against a fellow cold weather team. We are not a power offense.

Oh I agree, but it is still an advantage to play at home vs a neutral site. I’ve always thought that weather as an advantage is overrated. 

33 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

I thought I read that Steelers were planning to fly in sometime today.  It looks like most flights are cancelled at the Buffalo airport website.  What the heck happens if they can't get here?

I just checked and the Rochester airport shows a lot of incoming flights scheduled normally.  About 2 hour bus ride from there to Buffalo.  Maybe that would be their plan.

33 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

The airport is not closed as far as I know. Most airlines have cancelled their flights here.  Pittsburgh Delta charter is scheduled to arrive at 3:42pm.

KC's 2 extra day advantage is more like 1 when you consider travel. Only real advantage is time to rest. I'm sure as far as preparing for KC they can step up their timetable with meetings and practices.  Hopefully we come out of the Steelers game healthy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

The airport is not closed as far as I know. Most airlines have cancelled their flights here.  Pittsburgh Delta charter is scheduled to arrive at 3:42pm.

It seems to me, taking a bus strait from Pittsburgh to their hotel would be easiest, but what do I know?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.