Bills at Dolphins post game thread

HappyDays

3 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

total craziness.

they are a bad matchup for buffalo.  They will stay with the run and throw to the backs over and over.  They are sound defensively and they are mentally tough.  

this is going to be a nail biter and that is before we get the injury report.  Pittsburgh will use the point spread as a motivating factor.  

I imagine beating the steelers will be harder than beating the dolphins was tonight.  The dolphins were banged up and they are sloppy and make lots of mistakes.  

Let’s enjoy tonight before we start talking ourselves into a frenzy. At the end of the day, it’s the Bills and everything they’ve been through this season against a Mason Rudolph led Steeles offense. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

But these misses seem to happen most often with Davis.  I thought that the passing game looked a lot less frenzied and much more efficient after he went out of the game.  Now whether this was the result of Allen settling down or that Davis is a bit of a lose cannon on pass play patterns is unknown.

One thing I will say is on Shakir's long run after the WR screen Davis threw a hell of a block to spring him.

You are NOT blaming that pick on Davis are you.  Allen 100000000% took a guess and threw it.  He was throwing before he even looked.

• Agree 4

Just now, Turbo44 said:

The only bad matchup for Buffalo is themselves.  The only team that beats Buffalo is themselves?  Pittsburgh is by no means a bad matchup for Buffalo

i hope you are right.  I just feel like buffalo's strength is playing teams who bail on running the ball in critical situations like KC, Dallas, Miami..etc..

teams that stay with the run and create easy third downs for their qb are hard for everyone and I think hard for the bills obviously.  The steelers are a smart sound team.

I actually hope rudolph doesn't play.  In the environment with bad field position pickett seems to be a mistake waiting to happen.  

I just simply do not like the steelers matchup.  

1 minute ago, KellyToTasker said:

Diggs throw: Agree

Pick in endzone: Also agree

Throw in the middle: Agree again. BUT…..I think Allen sees himself making a play like that, so by extension he sees others making plays like that. Like,Ty Johnson, I got you, you’ll get in. Go get it. 

I think a lot of those not-so-good decisions with the ball get cleaned up if they can stop leaking so much pressure up the middle and Allen can get into a rhythm.

He and Diggs have just been off on the deep shots all year, but still glad they took that shot and it would have been sweet to get another play like that over on Ramsey.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

You are NOT blaming that pick on Davis are you.  Allen 100000000% took a guess and threw it.  He was throwing before he even looked.

I am. Or maybe it was on both players as Allen thought Davis was going to settle down where he was and Davis thought Allen would wait until he broke open over the middle.  But as is being discussed on another thread this miscommunication seems to happen almost exclusively between Davis and Allen. Allen threw the ball low because he saw that Davis had leverage on the DB who was behind him.

9 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

total craziness.

they are a bad matchup for buffalo.  They will stay with the run and throw to the backs over and over.  They are sound defensively and they are mentally tough.  

this is going to be a nail biter and that is before we get the injury report.  Pittsburgh will use the point spread as a motivating factor.  

I imagine beating the steelers will be harder than beating the dolphins was tonight.  The dolphins were banged up and they are sloppy and make lots of mistakes.  

They looked like it last year. The game shouldn't be close.

Edited by Big Turk

1 minute ago, Dan Darragh said:

Give the man credit, that block was a thing of beauty.

That's what I'm saying. It was a great block by Gabe. Shakir doesn't even get a first down without that block.

I just hate how inconsistent pass plays going to Gabe turn out.

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

I think a lot of those not-so-good decisions with the ball get cleaned up if they can stop leaking so much pressure up the middle and Allen can get into a rhythm.

He and Diggs have just been off on the deep shots all year, but still glad they took that shot and it would have been sweet to get another play like that over on Ramsey.

Diggs definitely let Ramsey know he got toasted by him, he wasn’t going to let it go by unnoticed.

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

Let’s enjoy tonight before we start talking ourselves into a frenzy. At the end of the day, it’s the Bills and everything they’ve been through this season against a Mason Rudolph led Steeles offense. 

Until Baltimore the only team that can beat the bills is the bills. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Too many miscommunications on critical plays. If these are option based routes dumb it down. If other team shows all out blitz do this and don't leave anything up for interpretation. Davis seems to be the worst at these as well.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

that was last year.  Zero to do with this game.  

lets just enjoy tonight

If you are afraid of Mason Rudolph and an average at best D without TJ Watt, maybe you should take up knitting or something. These games are going to be too much for you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jayg said:

Until Baltimore the only team that can beat the bills is the bills. 

Good thing they’re undefeated against themselves (Bills) in the last five weeks. 

Just now, Big Turk said:

If you are afraid of Mason Rudolph and an average at best D without TJ Watt, maybe you should take up knitting or something. These games are going to be too much for you.

Right? Doesn’t matter who the Bills play right now, so many people will convince themselves why it’s a bad matchup.

Texans would be Stroud, Dolphins would be their offense, Cleveland would be their defense, etc. 

Bills are legit. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KellyToTasker said:

Good thing they’re undefeated against themselves (Bills) in the last five weeks. 

If they can put it all together for the next month it will be a thing of beauty! 🤞🤙

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I am. Or maybe it was on both players as Allen thought Davis was going to settle down where he was and Davis thought Allen would wait until he broke open over the middle.  But as is being discussed on another thread this miscommunication seems to happen almost exclusively between Davis and Allen. Allen threw the ball low because he saw that Davis had leverage on the DB who was behind him.

First let me say Allen was an absolute maniac in the second half.  The 3rd and 15ish run was other worldly as were several other plays.  We don’t win without him and I don’t really think any other QB in the league could have pulled off what he did.

But…..on the play in question….it was designed to go to the right.  It wasn’t open, there was pressure….a sack equals three points…..As the 415th option on the play Gabe had to improvise, which he did.  He wasn’t running some sort of option route like that other game.  Allen has to know that.  Allen guessed at where Gabe might be because he didn’t have time to actually look.  It was a dumb play by Allen and only Allen.  Gabe’s percentage of the blame is equal to Blutarsky’s GPA.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.