Texans at Colts Game Thread

Process

McDermott and McDanel should just agree to a tie if the Jags win.  Fish get to host the Texans.  Bills get to make Taylor Swift cry in Arrowhead. The NFL and NBC won't mind.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

McDermott and McDanel should just agree to a tie if the Jags win.  Fish get to host the Texans.  Bills get to make Taylor Swift cry in Arrowhead. The NFL and NBC won't mind.

Why would McDermott not want to win and allow his team to host playoff games? Especially with us 7-1 at Highmark this season.

28 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

are there any other teams we could possibly play next week besides the Steelers or Texans?

EDIT: assuming we grab the 2 seed tomorrow.

If we get 2, then no. 

5 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Interesting idea, but no. I want at least two home games. There is no reason why we can't beat a banged up Miami team that we usually own.

Edited by chongli
  • Agree 1

Just now, The Jokeman said:

Why would McDermott not want to win and allow his team to host playoff games? Especially with us 7-1 at Highmark this season.

It was a joke because it would never happen.  Winning three straight games against playoff opponents is a lot more likely than four straight.  Even if it means three road games.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, psuscott16 said:

Pretty sure it's- 

Houston or Pitt if we win

Miami if we lose and Jax loses

If we win, then  the seeding will be Ravens, Bills, Chiefs,  Hou/Jax, Clev, Mia, Hou/Jax/Pit.      (Depending on if Jax Win or Lose).   Cleveland and Miami spots are fixed in this case.  If Jax win, then we play Hou and If Jax lose, then we get to play Pit

If we lose and Jax Lose (which is the only way to make the playoffs) then seed will be  BAL, MIA, KC, HOU, CLE, BUF, PIT.  In this case, we will go to Arrowhead.

1 minute ago, Mikie2times said:

Like we did against the Titans or Minnesota 

Yeah...because of the 100 times Allen has done it and gotten 98 first downs/TDs bring up the 2 that didn't go in our favor. Way to play the percentages.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah...because of the 100 times Allen has done it and gotten 98 first downs/TDs bring up the 2 that didn't go in our favor. Way to play the percentages.

I would say the %’s in high leverage QB sneaks for Buffalo on 4th down or game on the line are horrific. Cowboys fumble and the other two I mentioned. We are .500 at best in that spot over several years. I don’t disagree with a QB sneak. But it was Gardner Minshew not Josh Allen. Plenty could go wrong. It’s not a gimmie for most teams. They had an easy first down and possible TD if they don’t execute like crap. Wasn’t a bad call. 

Edited by Mikie2times

3 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

I would say the %’s in high leverage QB sneaks for Buffalo on 4th down or game on the line are horrific. Cowboys fumble and the other two I mentioned. We are .500 at best in that spot over several years. I don’t disagree with a QB sneak. But it was Gardner Minshew not Josh Allen. Plenty could go wrong. It’s not a gimmie for most teams. They had an easy first down and possible TD if they don’t execute like crap. Wasn’t a bad call. 

Not a chance. You have a very selective memory.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

If we win, then  the seeding will be Ravens, Bills, Chiefs,  Hou/Jax, Clev, Mia, Hou/Jax/Pit.      (Depending on if Jax Win or Lose).   Cleveland and Miami spots are fixed in this case.  If Jax win, then we play Hou and If Jax lose, then we get to play Pit

If we lose and Jax Lose (which is the only way to make the playoffs) then seed will be  BAL, MIA, KC, HOU, CLE, BUF, PIT.  In this case, we will go to Arrowhead.

In the second paragraph, pitt would be ahead of the Bills bc of better conference record.

1 hour ago, ganesh said:

No.  The only way we go to Arrowhead is if we tie.

• Simon unpinned this topic
8 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

I would say you have no idea what you’re even talking about.  

10 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Brutal drop from Indy player on that 4th down...

Not a great throw, but you are wide open and have to make that catch...

Yeah, catchable, but that was a HORRIBLE throw on an easy pass play. All the time, I see players who have to contort themselves like that on plays where they KNOW they have to focus on YAC drop such passes.

53 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Yeah, catchable, but that was a HORRIBLE throw on an easy pass play. All the time, I see players who have to contort themselves like that on plays where they KNOW they have to focus on YAC drop such passes.

He didn't need to focus on anything other than catching the ball. He already had the first down if he caught it.

Just watched the play in question. It was a great call and with a good throw there, it is a walk in TD. 

We criticize coaches for being bad all the time but in this instance it is all on the players. That is a throw any HS QB can make. It doesn't require any extraordinary physical skill. It was a horrible pass.  Could it have been caught - yes. Should it have been caught - yes as well. I dont care if this guy was a PS RB. That is not that hard a catch to make. 

Just awful execution by two marginal NFL players. Cut short an entire team's season by not being able to execute a simple 2 yard pass.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.