Congrats to Pro Bowlers James Cook and Dion Dawkins!

beebe

This entire exercise is a bit bogus.  They get a few right, but too many picks are based on past reputation.

Obvious examples that jump out to me are Budda Baker, Montez Sweat, Deandre Swift, Patrick Surtain, Denzel Ward, & Minkah Fitzpatrick, are all having "meh" seasons.

Also the split doesn't follow reality - The have essentially 12 defensive ends  and only 6 interior defenders, yet there are more DI than ED's playing.

Josh is clearly one of the top 3 QB's playing in the AFC, Douglas is clearly one of the top 4 CB's by whatever measure you want to use.

Sad that contracts are written with bonuses for what is essentially a popularity contest with a dose of reputational bias thrown in.

There also seems to be no effort to "normalize" fan voting for "small " market teams vs. Larger market teams.

When everything gets tallied up years down the road, post career, Josh Allen will be severely lacking in any NFL accolades Resume material compared to what he's accomplished. It's sad actually.  I've never heard of a QB who puts out statistics every year that end with "in history",  (i.e. JA has the most total TD's for any QB through his first 6 seasons in history).   

People outside of Buffalo will remember, yeah he was a good QB but no Lamar and no Mahomes...and he was a turnover machine.

• Eyeroll 1

22 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Mahomes over CJ Stroud is nonsense. One has had his worst season and the other has turned a franchise around. 

Mahomes over allen is also nonsense 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I dunno about Josh Allen, but Big Ed got jobbed.  But then there's this:

Ed Oliver could make it 3 for 3.

22 minutes ago, BananaB said:

Congrats to Dawkins and Cook. Right now the pro bowl is a joke though. 

Indeed.  It's become the "I've heard of him" bowl

Pro Bowl is a joke now.   gratz to the guys who got picked,  but u cant tell  me a QB with 40+ total TDs isnt a pro bowler.   i know Josh hasnt been playing well as of late,  but come on.   same goes for MVP tbh.   Lamar is a talent,  seems like a genuine good guy,  responsible for less than 2 TDs per game average.    meh.   

Edited by bigduke6

1/3 of yhe pro bowl scoring is fan vote numbers.  Likely, not as many Bills fans voted for Josh as LC for Mahomes.

In the NFC, 15 49ers were the top vote getters at their positions.  That’s crazy.

6 hours ago, Bill Grundy said:

Just seen the roster 

LOL

not to be taken seriously any more. 

Honestly I don't know how anyone can take it seriously considering it's fan voting and no limit to how much you can vote.

The AP All-pro is the important one.

19 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

Score the most number of TDs as a QB… be an alternate. The turnover storyline has really done a number on Josh. Bet Mahomes has still made it, despite his count not being that much lower. Jackson is obvious. Who’s the third? Tua?

Just saw a stat that Josh has the highest pff grade for offensive players against playoff teams which game me a chuckle since he’s a pro bowl alternate lol

i do think some of it is coaches/players not voting for him since he has skipped the pro bowl to play golf 2 years in a row 😁

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Honestly I don't know how anyone can take it seriously considering it's fan voting and no limit to how much you can vote.

part of it is

10 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

fan votes count for 1/3rd, coaches and players the other 2/3rds.  So it’s likely he got snubbed by those other groups too 

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

fan votes count for 1/3rd, coaches and players the other 2/3rds.  So it’s likely he got snubbed by those other groups too 

I think I'm right in saying the Pro-Bowl vote opened after Week Ten, which was not Josh's highest point of the season. Can see why coaches, especially, may have taken a step away from him if they voted early. And Mahomes' decline has only really been over the past three weeks.

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

LOL

There's no doubt in my mind that there's going to be some ticked off motivated players on our team from this. It doesn't matter how little people actually care about the Pro Bowl with the fan voting and what not. The fact is there's a good chance that besides the game check that there were contract incentives they missed out on because of this.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.