OL play vs Patriots

Curious to see what people think. The OL looked like it was getting blown up the middle routinely. Looked like the breakdowns were mainly between Morse and Torrence.  OT play looked ok.

Torrence sense to have hit a rookie wall and has been playing at least below average for a month. 

I wonder if down the stretch Edwards or Bates will get a few series ar RG. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Curious to see what people think. The OL looked like it was getting blown up the middle routinely. Looked like the breakdowns were mainly between Morse and Torrence.  OT play looked ok.

Torrence sense to have hit a rookie wall and has been playing at least below average for a month. 

I thought the same thing happened this time against New England as the first game on the road - I felt like the offensive line got manhandled (especially in the first half).

On Monday WGR Jeremy White's reaction was Allen holding the ball too long. I thought it was more legitimate pressure. 

More All-22 tape analysis is coming out today. 

• Like (+1) 2

Interior was exposed a few times.  McGovern made an error or two as well.  However, the Patriots have an above average DL.  Barmore/Wise are great players.  

The Bills have struggled a bit with really good DTs.  Quinnon Williams had some pressures against them, Barmore showed well, Cincy used their interior DL to make plays.

The Patriots D was just REALLY good on Sunday.  Going back the last 3 times we have played them, their D has been solid in each game.  They are playing well enough in the secondary for their d line to get pressure

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Cray51 said:

Interior was exposed a few times.  McGovern made an error or two as well.  However, the Patriots have an above average DL.  Barmore/Wise are great players.  

The Bills have struggled a bit with really good DTs.  Quinnon Williams had some pressures against them, Barmore showed well, Cincy used their interior DL to make plays.

The Patriots D was just REALLY good on Sunday.  Going back the last 3 times we have played them, their D has been solid in each game.  They are playing well enough in the secondary for their d line to get pressure

I agree…really hope belichick is done in NE.  Seems like he’s starting to figure us out.  Although it’s not like Barmore will be leaving with him lol 

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

They are facing Baremore in the middle who has been a beast all year. Just an FYI the week before against Pitt he had 3 sacks and 2 tackles for loss in the game.. along with a ton of pressure..  He is a stud and someone I hope my Pats resign to a long term contract. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

They are facing Baremore in the middle who has been a beast all year. Just an FYI the week before against Pitt he had 3 sacks and 2 tackles for loss in the game.. along with a ton of pressure..  He is a stud and someone I hope my Pats resign to a long term contract. 

I'd be shocked if they let him go.  He is such a great player, and one you need in a top D

Pats are 6th in yards allowed per game,  and we had some short fields to work with cause of turning them over

Bottom line is when it mattered most, the O put the game away as McD said in his victory speech, a big boy drive, which it was

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

They must've not liked the type of Rolex Josh got them.

33 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Pats are 6th in yards allowed per game,  and we had some short fields to work with cause of turning them over

Bottom line is when it mattered most, the O put the game away as McD said in his victory speech, a big boy drive, which it was

The last drive, killing the clock, and ending the game - awesome!

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

I can’t fault Torrence, or any rookie, for hitting a wall. The professional season is a marathon. Much longer than what these young men are used to enduring in college. 

It's especially brutal if you're a rookie coming into a good team and expected to be there for the long haul into the postseason.

33 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

NE has a solid DL, and they are a tough defensive team. If they had a QB they would be making much more noise this year

Scary to think about them getting a decent QB and a receiver or two there. They could turn around pretty quick if they hit in the draft this year.

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, juno999 said:

The last drive, killing the clock, and ending the game - awesome!

ya they've struggled there, the last 2 drives, the great punt, 3 and out by the D and just killed clock to secure the W

19 minutes ago, juno999 said:

Pats have a stud in Barmore

Baremore IMO is a TRUE All Pro pro bowler this year. I think the rookie White has flashed enough to be excited for him in the future and Hopefully Gonzalez comes back and is a true #1 Corner. (He looked really good the few games he played before going on IR)

The D has some major building blocks IMO and if the Pats O was even just average they be a playoff contender this year.. (not SB contender PLAYOFFS..) I think there are 5 losses at least squarely on the O. (I include Sundays game in that category )

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.