So how are we feeling about Coach McDermott?

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

None of those were big coaching errors. 

Hail Murray is a terrible example, players chase the rabbit out of the pocket he escapes heaves it down field where like 3 or 4 defenders all surround Hopkins and none of them knock it down or break it up.

Just now, Charles Romes said:

Peterson and McD switched places over the last 5 weeks 

Naaa, McD is nothing like Peterson. He has consistently has his teams interested in winning a division and battling those ups and downs in the process. That is probably what he has done better than anything else. Where he has struggled is in big moments and big games in the playoffs  which is the opposite of Peterson. That seems to be where Peterson tends to do the most damage.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Naaa, McD is nothing like Peterson. He has consistently has his teams interested in winning a division and battling those ups and downs in the process. That is probably what he has done better than anything else. Where he has struggled is in big moments and big games in the playoffs  which is the opposite of Peterson. That seems to be where Peterson tends to do the most damage.   

Correct.

Folks out here loving Dougie Pederson, they just lost a win and in against a 4 win team lol. After starting out 8-3. An actual epic collapse.

Edited by FireChans
  • Agree 2

47 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't consider the kneel down a game blowing mistake. 12 men was. 13 seconds was. I can't come up with too many others over 7 years.

The problem is that the worst ones are in the playoffs to end out hopes.  

Let's see what happens this season yet.  Who knows, we may win it all and then we're all whistling past the graveyard in a manner of speaking.  

Beginning of the season, progress was defined as making it past the divisional round of the playoffs.  Crappy early season performance lowered the bar.  If the Bills can't win more than 1 playoff game again this year, I will be ok if they keep McDermott, as long as they change their mailing address to 1 and done Bills Drive. 

Another poster earlier posted "win the Super Bowl and I will be happy to have him here for life".  I think that sums up my feelngs, and many others as well. 

59 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

Peterson and McD switched places over the last 5 weeks 

Add Nick Siriani to the epic coaching collapse list

The iggles haven't done anything since the refs gave them the W against the Bills

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

McClappy survives another year whatever happens next. Playoffs 5 yrs can’t argue. May always blow the biggest games

Every game has been pretty big since 6-6. We’ve done okay.

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m staying consistent. He gets this team to the Super Bowl or he gets replaced. I’d listen to the AFC Championship game (maybe). The window is open and with Josh Allen you need to go further than before. Hoping that he makes it happen…

You know you want to believe in Sean!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't consider the kneel down a game blowing mistake. 12 men was. 13 seconds was. I can't come up with too many others over 7 years.

BTW, you had asked earlier where/when we had discussed coaching before saying we hadn't.  This thread is one of the several places.  

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

BTW, you had asked earlier where/when we had discussed coaching before saying we hadn't.  This thread is one of the several places.  

No I asked where we had discussed your analysis of what has lead to the underperformance of the offense. That is not in this thread.

• Eyeroll 1

The only problem is the entire coaching staff is at best only middle of the road.  Our Special teams play this year has regressed, = Coaching. 

Our D has just started to round into shape but it still had to many issues this year with getting the opposing team off the field when it mattered, = Coaching.

The Offense as of late has been more run oriented and has lost the passing edge we had early this year and we need to get that back ASAP.  We need JA-17 playing like he did against Dallas, Philly and Miami earlier this year, = Coaching.

Coaching control and elite game management does not = McD's best traits.   You either hate where our coaching is right now or try and live with it,  but right now we are who we are.

There are a number of area's that need to be addressed and to ask for a run of an additional 5 more games with out a loss, do to a coaching screw up, is asking for a lot.

We can only hope they can string together 5 more wins.  Its is not going to be easy but hey anything is possible.

Edited by Toyo321

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.